Natural Freedom

Forum for the natural awakening and self-realization of men
It is currently Tue May 21, 2024 9:22 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:07 pm 

In conversations I usually find my gunned down in rapid fire comebacks and so on.

Common situations I can break down because people always do the same things and never realize it. So those aren`t a problem.

But in a situation where it`s new material being used all the time. Or very situational...my mind falls behind. Did you have this problem?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:51 pm 

You never really become quick witted...I'm not. I just run scenarios in my head over and over, each one more ridiculous than the last. :ugeek:

Pimposophy Revisited is now finally available on Amazon in all territories!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:40 pm 
Site Admin

Relax, let go and get into the moment and out of your head.

In building a statue, a sculptor doesn't keep adding clay to his subject.He keeps chiseling away at the inessentials until the truth of its creation is revealed without obstructions. Perfection is not when there is no more to add,but no more to take away.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:12 am 

I personally find that the more you interact with people the more "quick and with it" you become. I know me personally if I put my head in my work for a week and don't talk to anyone then when I eventually do I'm kinda "duh", but if I'm really social for a day or two then I'm out of my head and shit just comes to me. It's like a whole desensitization thing.

Also, not giving a fuck helps. If you're having a battle of wits with someone, being non-reactive and not giving a fuck usually trumps them... Space :)

A wise man once said "I find that a duck's opinion of me is influenced by whether or not I have bread."

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:43 am 
I agree with the guy above its all about practice you may become flat at times but after a few fuck ups ull be quick with the wit or you can practice with a notebook. Its like the guy said above me when I dont talk to people for a long time things come out like im retarded.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:26 am 

Being sassy and quick is a much different skill than kissing. This is why nobody will look down on you for practicing with dudes.

I suggest finding a willing partner (a colleague perhaps) to engage in verbal sparring. An insult fight is good. A pun-stacking contesty can be fun.

My little brother and I sometimes get into delightful play-on-words bouts. Often involving movie/song/book titles food names etc...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:57 am 

ManniJa wrote:
I personally find that the more you interact with people the more "quick and with it" you become. I know me personally if I put my head in my work for a week and don't talk to anyone then when I eventually do I'm kinda "duh", but if I'm really social for a day or two then I'm out of my head and shit just comes to me. It's like a whole desensitization thing.

Also, not giving a fuck helps. If you're having a battle of wits with someone, being non-reactive and not giving a fuck usually trumps them... Space :)
:o Mannija read my mind

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:31 pm 

peregrinus wrote:
Relax, let go and get into the moment and out of your head.
Fo shizzle, and to add:
If you're in your body instead of your mind you have access to intuition and then everything you say is the right thing to say. Thats how I do it anyway, this makes me more comfortable with silences because I'm listening to my intuition instead of my mind.

The affect it has on me is I don't worry about what to say next, intuition leads me all the way.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:09 pm 

When you speak to someone, the dialogue is not scripted.

There is no structured scenario to follow. Your mind only thinks it does due to practice - so your focus and interpretation is, generally speaking, "normal". You are in normal mode when you speak.

When you are listening to someone during the time that you are in conversation, you are reminded of something when a particular word or concept is portrayed by the individual you are speaking to. You then open your mouth to speak in order to express what it is that your mind has interpreted, because your focus is on your memory.

The trick, should you wish to use one, is to ensure that the focus is not placed on your memory, but on actually being witty. The witty remark comes out by itself. No effort is needed here. Just a shift of focus from being normal, to being witty. An easy way to practice this is to look at an object in the room, such as a lamp and focus on being witty. You will find that you will have a lot of witty remarks to make about the lamp.

This trick can also be done with any emotion. Comedy, sadness and in the case of this particular forum; anger.

Switch your focus. Switch the game.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:42 pm 
Morpheus:

Lick your lips more before you speak.

Then, proceed to drop verbal bombs.

Agree with the person before you drop the bomb.

Example from last night about me speaking ebonics:

Her: Are you speaking English?

Me: Yeah, I'm speaking some English that you don't know about.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:57 am 

Those who date, associate!! All about listening to the other person and thinking of interesting associations based on what their saying... If your really serious, you might want to take up an improv class or something... conversation rules tha nation!

Btw: if your 2 broke 4 the improv class, you can just do what I do... Throw on an instrumental and kick some dope freestyles player!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:32 pm 

Quick wit is seeing through the words but being able to play with them, to twist them around on a merely verbal level...
However, you´re still hitting were it hurts. :!:
It is about assessing a situation in miliseconds.
It is knowing peoples intentions.

Let me try to elaborate a little with a small analogy..

Think of it as a combat situation:
You want people to dodge first, so use "SUPRESSIVE FIRE" to let them duck and find cover.
Verbal AK spray. Especially if you are against superior numbers.

Then use "SELECTIVE FIRE" and aim at the heart.
Pick your target based on your assesment.
Take down the man with the highest rank. Snipe down the Officer in charge.
Leave the Soldiers scared and confused- leave em in shock, don´t worry they won´t do nothin no more.

See the thing is..
You don´t hear the shot that kills you. :!:
You see the muzzle flash but you don´t hear nothin.
You are taken down by the impact but you dont feel no pain at first because of the adrenalin rush.
It starts hurting when the first rush is over.. when they reflect on what you said and they realize what happened.

Quick wit is "Verbal Blitzkrieg" gentlemen.
Comes with combat experience :lol:

This description obviously only applies to situations were someone is trying to insult you personally..
overtly or subtly in front of other people.
Just turn that shit against them.
It is said that "Words Can Kill" and this is very true...