Natural Freedom

Forum for the natural awakening and self-realization of men
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:03 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:09 am 

Alchemist wrote:
scarface wrote:
This example is defenately a display of a guy, of having indifference towards the outcome of sex happening. I guess a person/guy can only pull it off when he's: content/happy already, he doesn't overvalue what the outcome brings him, he has (just as) enjoybale things to do as a substitute for sex with her?
It's not about 'pulling it off'.....in this mindset other things in life are enjoyable on their own, sex is lower on the priority list so there's no need to perceive hobbies etc. as a substitution for sex, but actually viewing sex as just another one of those enjoyable things, I dunno if this makes much sense to you now but this is a valuable lesson I learned from Kidd.

Indifference is not something one does to acquire a result [from someone else] it's something you acquire after much inner work.
THIS (in bold, but all of it is valuable).

I've recently been observing how MUCH hidden value I've tied to sex. Rather than see it as an enjoyable act, I tied a 100lb weight to it, believing girls where the answer. :oops:

It was nice seeing it brought up in your post again. :D

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:28 am 

Don´t worry about it... 8-)

Outcome is up to the Universe. Not your role.

Besides it´s enough that women want it.
Then just say/do NO or YES, depending
how they´ve behaved/ worked for it (up to
that point in time.)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:13 pm 

when u can literally turn and walk away from anything at any moment... that to me is indifference !

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:28 am 

DMD wrote:
when u can literally turn and walk away from anything at any moment... that to me is indifference !
just don't fall into the idea of 'acting'.

there is a big difference between acting vs. 'being'.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:36 pm 

Walking away has always been easier for me then walking up. My definition of indifference is to not make differences or equal acceptance. Not of all things but of all things that are outside my control. Indifference to all things is apathy and an easy excuse for whatever behavior you want to excuse. Indifference also does not mean to me a lack of emotion or feeling, it means accepting those feelings and whatever the outcomes of what your actions are without letting those outcomes or feelings dictate them.

There is a big difference and no difference between acting and being depending on the definition of acting. If a man is a father but not once acts like one is he really a father? What about a man who acts like a father on TV but has no children? Can you have a role without acting it or being on the stage?

Personally I think a really good actor, the best, are not pretending. They are being.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 5:00 pm 

caster wrote:
Walking away has always been easier for me then walking up.
We are just passing through.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:10 am 

So much meaning, so few words there Jared.

Just to clarify what I wrote above, I think great actors can be almost any character they wish because the vast majority of people wear masks and great actors are adept at changing masks. However if your goal is to remove your mask, you can't get there through wearing another. To be indifferent is to wear no masks.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:37 am 
Site Admin

caster wrote:
So much meaning, so few words there Jared.

Just to clarify what I wrote above, I think great actors can be almost any character they wish because the vast majority of people wear masks and great actors are adept at changing masks. However if your goal is to remove your mask, you can't get there through wearing another. To be indifferent is to wear no masks.
Even if all this masquerade play is an illusion.
You still have to own your shit yo.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:08 am 

Dali wrote:
The masks are not for others, the illusion is inside.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:32 am 
Site Admin

caster wrote:
Dali wrote:
The masks are not for others, the illusion is inside.
Get it.
Still have to own it. 8-)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:22 am 

I understand how this concept can be confusing because we are using words to describe what is really an internal state.

The best analogy I have is when you were a kid and really enjoyed a hobby i.e football, guitar, drawing ,you spent hours daily just engaged with the activity. You werent obsessed over the outcome just enjoying the moment and the journey of learning. You would take action and go outside and play with your friends but internally there was contentment and enjoyment of the moment whilst you were partaking in that activity.

In other words there was no pressure on the outcome.

This is what indifference means to me. Interacting with women or the world already coming from an internal place of contentment and peace. ;)