Natural Freedom

Forum for the natural awakening and self-realization of men
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:47 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 8:31 pm 

Hey guys today I had a small insight. I was thinking of why sometimes it's hard to 'let go'-
may it be limiting beliefs, negative thinking, fear, approval seaking and etc....

actually this insight came to me while I was reading an artical not about seduction but about anxiety.

I'll try to keep it short and then explain what it has to do with women. So here goes:

Our brain has two sides emotional and logical. It's almost as if we have 'two brains': the emotional brain and the logical brain (some people refer to it as right hemisphere and left hemisphere of the brain but the science definition is irrelevant at this point). Anway:

when there is a thought (such as 'I'm not good enough for hot women') and the emotional brain kicks in and starts to bring up emotions- what do most people do (including me in the past)?
they try to use the 'logical brain' to overcome the 'emotional brain'. For example:

someone sees a hot woman, he feels like he is not good enough for her. He starts to say affrimations in his head- use the logical brain to combat the emotional brain: 'I'm the sexiest man alive', 'all women want to sleep with me', 'I'm the prize'...

The problem is: when the two brains are in conflict the emotional brain will always 'Win'. So the guy will go home feeling like shit even with all the affirmations.

The other thing the guy might try and do is suppress the emotion and then again: he will go home feeling like shit.

When I was just starting out on my journey what happened to me for the most part was:
I would see hot women, I didn't feel worthy, I remembered how I got rejected in the past, I felt anger. I was trying to suppress the anger with more anger: I would say to myself stuff like: 'Ok I'm going to learn seduction manipulation tactics and fuck all those bitches', 'After I learn some NLP stuff I'll fuck those bitches and dump them'.

Now that was a long time ago and I never took that path of NLP and manipulation tactics because my heart told me that it's not what I really want to do....

Anyway, to sum it up, as we have already mentioned in other threads:

Do what you can to become your own best friend and be happy without women, But when you don't feel good: use the logical brain to observe the emotions. Let whatever happen- happen without trying to tag it as good or bad.

It's like the logical brain is observing the emotional brain but not judging it or what comes 'out of it'.

This is how I describe 'the observer' in regards to this issue

[ img ]

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 8:55 pm 
Site Admin

It seems to me in the picture that both "sides" as you call them, are being OBSERVED...

But that's just me.

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 9:09 pm 

Dali wrote:
It seems to me in the picture that both "sides" as you call them, are being OBSERVED...

But that's just me.
the picture was just for fun- it doesn't mean anything ;)

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 11:31 pm 

Very good post, Sniper. It resonates very well with me right now 8-)

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 12:52 am 

and still on the topic, I still get angry sometimes but I'm using the anger energy for growth...

For exmaple: my anger towards Mr._____ is what pushed me to get this forum up and running.

my anger also helped me to find 'The Kidd' cause I was pissed off and was searching for someone who knows the real world and can explain it, I would say the same for peregrinus- but he found me first :)

so I used the energy of anger for good things instead of learning how to seduce women with NLP and manipulations. In the end: It's all a question of how you use the energy...

I beleive all of us here had some anger that pushed us to look for real answers....

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 8:46 am 

Nice read, Sniper. Great insigts.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:18 am 

Sniper wrote:

so I used the energy of anger for good things instead of learning how to seduce women with NLP and manipulations. In the end: It's all a question of how you use the energy...

I beleive all of us here had some anger that pushed us to look for real answers....
Anger is mostly based on some fear.

Yes there are productive ways to advance
one´s development by using anger, and
at some point, anger no longer validates as
a means to advance, because there are no
fears left to feed that anger. You can´t
use anger forever, it becomes a dead-end.

Above the level of Anger is Pride, and
after that, there is Courage and Neutrality.
(check Levels of Consciousness)