Natural Freedom

Forum for the natural awakening and self-realization of men
It is currently Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:43 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Treasure Chest
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:43 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:28 pm
Posts: 175
What happened to the treasure chest section of the forum?

_________________
"Truth is not something that can be truly and deeply understood by having it spoon-fed to you." - Adyashanti


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Treasure Chest
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:16 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 02, 2010 6:49 am
Posts: 5063
Gems and precious threads is it now I believe. :geek:

_________________
EVERYTHING in life is conditional...EVERYTHING. :ugeek:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Treasure Chest
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:03 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:07 pm
Posts: 589
Location: The side of a mountain somewhere...
It does seem like Gems and Precious threads has an awful lot fewer posts in it than Treasure Chest used to.

I seem to remember Grinus posting something a while back about working to clear out the treasure chest. Maybe he can clarify the motivations for that and what happened to those threads?

_________________
"The society gives you a map; I give you only freedom. The society gives you character, I give you only consciousness. The society teaches you to live a conformist life ... I give you an invitation to go on an adventure." - Osho


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Treasure Chest
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 02, 2010 6:49 am
Posts: 5063
From what I'm aware of, it was being padded not quite Treasure Chest worthy threads. So he cleaned it up and streamlined it...trimmed the fat, if you will. :geek:

As far as the locations of the other threads, I'm sure he'll chime in about that. 8-)

_________________
EVERYTHING in life is conditional...EVERYTHING. :ugeek:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Treasure Chest
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:39 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:08 pm
Posts: 2772
Location: UK
Meraki wrote:
It does seem like Gems and Precious threads has an awful lot fewer posts in it than Treasure Chest used to.

I seem to remember Grinus posting something a while back about working to clear out the treasure chest. Maybe he can clarify the motivations for that and what happened to those threads?

The Kidd!! wrote:
From what I'm aware of, it was being padded not quite Treasure Chest worthy threads. So he cleaned it up and streamlined it...trimmed the fat, if you will. :geek:

As far as the locations of the other threads, I'm sure he'll chime in about that. 8-)

Kidd is quite correct.

The threads in the chest were moved back to where they originally came from. Hence nothing was lost and some of them made a lot more sense in the context of other threads around them at the time in their original location.

The chest was taken out onto the beach and ceremoniously burned while we sat around drinking watching the fire play across the evening sky.

It was playing havoc with people linking to threads, only for those threads to be moved into the chest, hence breaking the links (because of how people had linked them - there is a nice way).

Also there was a lot of bloat within the chest. This also made it a nightmare for users to find things in there around a certain subject. This was only going to get worse with time.

Hence Gems and precious threads was born. There is an explanation and a link to example posts at the top of the new subforum explaining how things are done.

The idea is to create a thread within Gems, based around a topic or a user (i.e. YOU) which then links to the related threads of note. An index of useful threads.

So, rather than just moving whole threads, without giving people a clue as to what part of it is relevant, you can link to the post within the thread(s) around a given subject.

Gems may seem to have fewer posts, however those posts are packed full of Gems :)

_________________
In building a statue, a sculptor doesn't keep adding clay to his subject.He keeps chiseling away at the inessentials until the truth of its creation is revealed without obstructions. Perfection is not when there is no more to add,but no more to take away.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Treasure Chest
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:24 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:51 pm
Posts: 1579
Location: Laniakea Supercluster
peregrinus wrote:

The chest was taken out onto the beach and ceremoniously burned while we sat around drinking watching the fire play across the evening sky.


Rogalian end. You could not have missed it.

We are short of one member. Some of the topics make
no sense anymore once I start reading them...
His posts were good though...

_________________
"When values are clear, decisions are easy." ---Dan Peña


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Treasure Chest
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:57 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:41 pm
Posts: 1672
Jared wrote:
peregrinus wrote:

The chest was taken out onto the beach and ceremoniously burned while we sat around drinking watching the fire play across the evening sky.


Rogalian end. You could not have missed it.

We are short of one member. Some of the topics make
no sense anymore once I start reading them...
His posts were good though...


Almost followed it all. Your grammar.......and structure........ ;)

_________________
"Growth begins when we begin to accept our own weakness." - Jean Vanier


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Treasure Chest
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:00 pm
Posts: 1218
I will chime in now that Grinus answered.

I only want to invite everyone to read Grinus's thread on the Gems section to see :
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=2529

It's wayyyyy better than all the treasure chest, in only one post.
Quote:
Gems may seem to have fewer posts, however those posts are packed full of Gems :)


AND, above all, like Grinus hinted :
Quote:
The idea is to create a thread within Gems, based around a topic or a user (i.e. YOU) which then links to the related threads of note. An index of useful threads.


YOU can help it !!!

_________________
By searching first and posting questions only if you find no answers, everyone will be much happier
No matter HOW smart you think you ARE, there will ALWAYS be somebody who is smarter than you. So never underestimate people.


Fravia+


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Treasure Chest
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:07 pm
Posts: 589
Location: The side of a mountain somewhere...
Ah, so you mean kinda like what Slim is supposed to be doing with "ball stealing"?

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3776

:twisted: ;)

_________________
"The society gives you a map; I give you only freedom. The society gives you character, I give you only consciousness. The society teaches you to live a conformist life ... I give you an invitation to go on an adventure." - Osho


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Treasure Chest
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:16 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:41 pm
Posts: 1672
Meraki wrote:
Ah, so you mean kinda like what Slim is supposed to be doing with "ball stealing"?

http://naturalfreedom.info/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3776

:twisted: ;)


In time....I have more questions than answers. ;) One bite at time Meraki. :) It took me two months to compile and create the list of superficial changes that can be made to my life that will increase front and clout and the smaller list of deeper issues of my "self." :geek:

_________________
"Growth begins when we begin to accept our own weakness." - Jean Vanier


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group