Natural Freedom

Forum for the natural awakening and self-realization of men
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:05 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:28 am 

I was on my way to work to sort something out when I saw this bitch that didn't treat me too well, walking in the opposite direction I was going with a guy, out of my workplace.

I looked straight ahead of me and ignored them as we walked past each other but I could still see them in my periphery and she was looking at me and whispering something to the dude, just the fact that she was there pissed me off so much that I had a strong emotion bubbling up inside of me for awhile, instead of dwelling on it I took a breath calmed down and went about my business.

I don't want these emotions anymore, there seems to be an endless amount of pain I feel from the past but they have no outlet, since I can't purge myself of them there's still another way I can deal with it: to shut them down.

I want to know for those of you who have done it, how do you go about shutting them down?.

"Simply put, you being in her life is a BLESSING. Her wronging you in any way is her own self-inflicted CURSE, and if she does wrong you, then let the punishment fit the crime. Her life will absolutely SUCK without you."

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:32 am 
Site Admin

I would strongly advise you not to.

In building a statue, a sculptor doesn't keep adding clay to his subject.He keeps chiseling away at the inessentials until the truth of its creation is revealed without obstructions. Perfection is not when there is no more to add,but no more to take away.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:41 am 

I don't shut them down, I just don't dwell on them too much. Everything : emotion and thoughts come and then disappear into nothingness (thin air).

It's not a new age thing it's a fact:
thoughts and emotions come and go all the time so why dwell on them too much?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:03 am 

I could teach you, but it's kind of a 'dark art'...much like being bitten by a vampire, once you go this route, you can't change your mind and go back. Think about it...and get at me.

Pimposophy Revisited is now finally available on Amazon in all territories!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:52 am 

The Kidd!! wrote:
I could teach you, but it's kind of a 'dark art'...much like being bitten by a vampire, once you go this route, you can't change your mind and go back. Think about it...and get at me.
I'm in, teach me kind sir.

A wise man once said "I find that a duck's opinion of me is influenced by whether or not I have bread."

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:20 am 

This is not a snap decision kind of thing, folks...'Grinus warned against this, and for good reason so don't take his warning lightly.

I am a lot like 'Dexter' from the show...I'm a great actor, nobody can tell that I really don't feel much of anything. I go thru the motions everyday...and I do it well. I laugh when I'm supposed to laugh, listen intently when I'm expected to, and so forth. So, when I say I am practically emotionless, I am not exaggerating.

Here's an example I haven't shared with anyone.

I had a cat when I was going to school...was about 2 years old. Raised him since he was a kitty. Had him spayed and everything and that fucker would NOT STOP PEEING ON THE COUCH. One day, I came home from a long day of school and clinicals, plopped my ass on the couch, and immediately become soaked with cat pee.

Without hesitation, I grabbed him by his neck, stuffed him in his kennel, drove out to the middle of he desert somewhere and kicked him out.

I slept good that night.

This shit is NOT for the faint of heart...if you enjoy your feelings AT ALL, then think twice before committing yourself to this route.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:29 am 

peregrinus wrote:
I would strongly advise you not to.
i'm agree with you, the more we figth against an emotion the more it will come back

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:48 am 

This is not fighting...this is elimination. :|

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:58 am 

The Kidd!! wrote:
This is not fighting...this is elimination. :|

i prefeer to call it transformation instead of elimination, by trying to shut down an emotion it's like fighting it ;)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:02 am 

Who is trying? :|

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:08 am 

Alchemist:I want to know for those of you who have done it, how do you go about shutting them down?.

peregrinus:I would strongly advise you not to.

that was the thing i was talking about

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:37 am 

The Kidd!! wrote:
This shit is NOT for the faint of heart...if you enjoy your feelings AT ALL, then think twice before committing yourself to this route.
I'm kind of like this already, it must have been passed down from my biological father cuz he was practically emotionless.

I smile when I'm supposed to smile and laugh a little at jokes I don't actually find that funny, I learned to do it more often because people always kept asking me if I'm ok when I'm actually fine, I just don't feel the need to have a silly grin on my face all the time so I smile and pretend to enjoy myself at work etc.

Now in relation to women especially I don't want to feel a thing, I could not care less if I never get a crush or butterflies or 'fall in love' ever again (even with this woman I'm seeing in the summer) not having these feelings anymore I would actually have more freedom to deal with them on my terms, it would open a whole new can of worms.

"Simply put, you being in her life is a BLESSING. Her wronging you in any way is her own self-inflicted CURSE, and if she does wrong you, then let the punishment fit the crime. Her life will absolutely SUCK without you."

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:10 am 

I don't understand what you guys are talking about here, I never met anyone who can shut down his emotions and not feel anything.....

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:33 am 

Sniper wrote:
I don't understand what you guys are talking about here, I never met anyone who can shut down his emotions and not feel anything.....
Like I said, my dad was/is exactly like this and I grew up developing traits of his, problem is though I've always been emotional about women and I have alot of pain which isn't linked to any moment in particular but just everything compounded, these feelings are of no use to me and detrimental if anything, I want to do away with that shit and any other feeling I have about women.

For me this is freedom.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:19 pm 

Alchemist wrote:
Sniper wrote:
Like I said, my dad was/is exactly like this and I grew up developing traits of his, problem is though I've always been emotional about women and I have alot of pain which isn't linked to any moment in particular but just everything compounded, these feelings are of no use to me and detrimental if anything, I want to do away with that shit and any other feeling I have about women.

For me this is freedom.
the question is: are people really shutting down their emotions? repressing them? or just not showing them on the outside? :geek:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:52 pm 

Sniper wrote:
Alchemist wrote:
Sniper wrote:

For me this is freedom.
the question is: are people really shutting down their emotions? repressing them? or just not showing them on the outside? :geek:

i don't think someome can shut down an emotion, repressing them, they will come back in other forms, showing them to the outside sometines get's you more emotional, emotions are ilusions from our past that we fill with thoughts, so why give strength to something that it's an ilusion?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:27 pm 

This shit is deep. Kidd might have been able to pull it off, but from what I've read about him his mind works in a very interesting manner.

I've thought about getting rid of emotions, hell who hasn't at one point? But thinking about it and doing it are two separate things. It's not guaranteed that it will be healthy, at all. It might be elimination, it might be repression, I'm leaning more towards repression.

But ask yourself this. Kidd left a cat stranded in the desert. Does that bother you at all? And are you willing to detach that much?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:16 pm 

Whatever it takes, yes.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:21 am 

I can sense your pain from your posts. I felt like I was born to fail. I always had confidence issues, but I have grown. I look around and sometimes I feel isolated from the whole world just because I tend to see it differently than others and I don't follow the herd so to speak. Just think it over, really find out what it is that's holding you back. I'm not going to pretend I know what you are going through, but I know how desperately I looked in the past for "the answer". I've only learned to trust myself and not depend upon the words of others.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:51 am 

freespirit422 wrote:
This shit is deep. Kidd might have been able to pull it off, but from what I've read about him his mind works in a very interesting manner.

I've thought about getting rid of emotions, hell who hasn't at one point? But thinking about it and doing it are two separate things. It's not guaranteed that it will be healthy, at all. It might be elimination, it might be repression, I'm leaning more towards repression.

But ask yourself this. Kidd left a cat stranded in the desert. Does that bother you at all? And are you willing to detach that much?
]

If you think leaving a cat stranded in a desert is something...

maybe you should try beating your pitbull with a 2x4 maybe that would do it had this dog since it ws puppy my father has it still to this day let me tell you this it didn't help me eliminate any emotion it probably got me more angry because I had pent up frustrations about alot of things in life....

So when the dog fucks up I basically take it out on him fucked up I know but I didn't know how else to deal with these emotions at the time now I use exercise as my way of dealing with my emotions and let me tell you something I feel alot better afterward my mood is lifted and i'm too physically and mentally tired to give a damn about anything....

its been proven that working out can lift your mood for about 12 hours its not eliminating emotion but you will see great benefits if you know how to workout correctly