Natural Freedom

Forum for the natural awakening and self-realization of men
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:38 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2022 6:16 pm 

More than a couple times now his name came up while I was out and about. Most times I remember someone saying something in awe of him or "his book really helped me" to where I got curious about what people see in him and who he is.

I didn't read his book(s) yet, but I watched some of his interviews to get a feel for him.

My take is here's a guy who did some incredible physical things that pushed the limits mentally and people look up to him for that. It feels like he's not all there though. Like he's still posturing about who he is, if that makes sense. :D

I feel like his demons are still there and he's not how he shows himself.

This is just my take.

This also made me think of how American cultural resonates with this look down at yourself attitude to push yourself. You're no good, you suck self talk, you need to do better type of thing. That really got me curious since I grew up here and can see that.

I'm curious to know what everyone else thinks?

-

Other link here on him - http://naturalfreedom.info/viewtopic.ph ... id+goggins

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2022 12:36 pm 
Site Admin

viewtopic.php?p=1971#p1971
ozbuckley wrote: *
The key with anything is take what is useful, discard the rest.

Also, dont confuse the messenger with the message. This guy has some awesome insights and thoughts on male female attraction. Discard the other bullshit they may come into play with him. But 'don't throw out the baby with bathwater'... we would say here in australia.
viewtopic.php?p=949#p949

In building a statue, a sculptor doesn't keep adding clay to his subject.He keeps chiseling away at the inessentials until the truth of its creation is revealed without obstructions. Perfection is not when there is no more to add,but no more to take away.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2022 6:05 pm 

TheDude wrote: *

This also made me think of how American cultural resonates with this look down at yourself attitude to push yourself. You're no good, you suck self talk, you need to do better type of thing. That really got me curious since I grew up here and can see that.

I'm curious to know what everyone else thinks?
Different things can be useful for different people at different times in different ways.

What works for me won't always work for you, it won't even always work for me.

Track the effects — both short and long term.

Clearly he knows how to motivate himself.

Anyways, it's not what you say — it's how you say it; how you mean it; how you experience it — its more how your relationship with yourself is.

Think of a couple of dude's who give each other hell — but have a good relationship with each other, vs an evil stepmother type, who might say nice things but it makes your skin crawl.

If you're got your back, you can say things in many different ways if you know and feel your intention. If you really don't, you can say nice affirmations and feel like a dick.

Having your own back, believing in yourself, imo is a kind choice. Leap of faith. Decision.

Doesn't mean it's all rosy. Relationships take time.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2022 4:57 am 

Thoughts on David Goggins?

Challenging kind

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2022 7:59 pm 

Thanks for the links peregrinus

Something in his message resonated with me or else I wouldn't have posted this. It's interesting to see how this style of motivation and getting going attitude helps some people.

I think the crux of it is, I've been hard on myself for a long time and coming across his stuff reminds me of things for myself.

I get curious why some people resonate with that approach more than something else. I'm more curious why I resonated with that approach than something else. :lol:

Hineini, this whole post reminded me of letting other people live how they want to live. What does it really matter to me?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2022 10:22 am 
Site Admin

How to Get What You Want By Letting Go [The Backwards Law]

Mark Manson:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MF7RzKFMuT4&ab_channel=MarkManson

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2022 6:36 pm 

peregrinus wrote: *
viewtopic.php?p=1971#p1971
ozbuckley wrote: *
The key with anything is take what is useful, discard the rest.

Also, dont confuse the messenger with the message. This guy has some awesome insights and thoughts on male female attraction. Discard the other bullshit they may come into play with him. But 'don't throw out the baby with bathwater'... we would say here in australia.
This stuck me with over the last week and made me think of times where I'm getting in my own way of hearing the other person and what they're saying.

I know there's times I've been too busy judging the person instead of listening to what they're saying. The Kidd!! was a good example of that lol! I thought he didn't like women at first, but thankfully I stuck around because the message resonated.

I guess this is what it means to be open minded.