Natural Freedom

Forum for the natural awakening and self-realization of men
It is currently Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:07 pm

All times are UTC+01:00




Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: My World
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:51 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:32 pm
Posts: 1048
Location: The Real World
As of now my personal economy has hit the fan, the job I basically did for 10 years is basically gone, my car has stopped working and now I am trying to figure out how I am going to make it with current conditions. I decided to really pay attention to myself and find out more of who I am and what I'm capable of, come to find out as I'm applying to different jobs I don't have much skill set for anything outside of what I'm currently doing.

This is a hard hitting blow for me because I realized how sobering this really is I have no skills for technology I fell way behind on it because of what at the time seemed more important. I lack people skills because I basically isolated myself from people whenever I could and didn't go out much by choice. My experiences in life have been very limited and now have I truly felt the weight of my mothers words and her wisdom truly hit. Now I'm at an age where I should have developed these skills long before now but was only worried about fun and living isolated.

Instead of adapting and learning to maneuver in my current environment I ignored it and put on a band aid thinking things would be fine. Using my current time to catch up on some reading and re-invent myself, while making a way to find myself and build up a solid base of confidence and develop new skills. It definitely is troublesome and straight up hard at times but I must persevere and trust that something will eventually happen for me.

What I've also learned, I need to figure out what I can see myself doing for the rest of my life not just as a passion but basically a part of my life. I do at times see women attracted to me but fail to act because apparently I'm awkward and really need to do a better job with this.

_________________
~There's weakness in the hearts of all humans are you afraid to acknowledge yours... ~
Mr. Todo


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: My World
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:10 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:08 pm
Posts: 3026
Location: UK
Has/is this process causing you to look differently at how you choose new skills from now on?

If so, how?

_________________
In building a statue, a sculptor doesn't keep adding clay to his subject.He keeps chiseling away at the inessentials until the truth of its creation is revealed without obstructions. Perfection is not when there is no more to add,but no more to take away.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: My World
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:32 pm
Posts: 1048
Location: The Real World
peregrinus wrote:
Has/is this process causing you to look differently at how you choose new skills from now on?

If so, how?
Yes it has Peregrinus a lot of things I have been doing was just busy work just to make a paycheck and make ends meet.
I wasn't doing productive work that is in anyway fulfilling to me, I need to reassess and get to know myself better and commit to no more than 2 things. Right now the economy is different a lot of things have become automated and jobs is slowly becoming eradicated. People skills is a vital skill necessary to make it in this current world where trading time for money is basically is obsolete. Or go to school and learn different trades that will always be needed no matter what.

I need to have something of value and significance, fitness is definitely that but even that is becoming obsolete because of the internet. Being smart, learning to adapt, and believing I will make it are the keys to making things happen the writing is basically on the wall at this point. I am reading books now to catch myself up on these severely lacking skills.

What I also truly discovered is that I need to have values and principles to stick by even in these times of adversity and perceived hopelessness something I didn't bother really developing but will definitely explore this "in my free time." :ugeek:

_________________
~There's weakness in the hearts of all humans are you afraid to acknowledge yours... ~
Mr. Todo


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: My World
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:55 pm
Posts: 3140
Location: Canada
I felt that way too, before I went back to school. The world is rapidly changing, you're lucky in the sense that you are ahead of the rest of the general population's realization of this. My plans of going into petroleum geology have also been dashed by the shift away from fossil fuels. I've ended up focusing on exploration geology (finding new ore deposits to mine). I won't touch any kind of production geology, because it involves taking routine samples.

Basically you need to focus on something that either requires people skills like you said, or focus on something that is non-routine and requires varied approaches.

I recommend Mastery by Robert Greene, it got mixed reviews but I quite liked the book.
Quote:
Some 2,600 years ago the ancient Greek poet Pindar wrote, “Become who you are by learning who you are.” What he meant is the following: You are born with a particular makeup and tendencies that mark you as a piece of fate. It is who you are to the core. Some people never become who they are; they stop trusting in themselves; they conform to the tastes of others, and they end up wearing a mask that hides their true nature. If you allow yourself to learn who you really are by paying attention to that voice and force within you, then you can become what you were fated to become—an individual, a Master.”

_________________
A truly powerful Man jealously guards his most precious resources; his independence and his ability to maneuver. True power isn’t controlling others, but the degree to which you control the course of your own life and your own choices. -Rational Male


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: My World
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:01 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:08 pm
Posts: 3026
Location: UK
Resonance wrote:
What I also truly discovered is that I need to have values and principles to stick by even in these times of adversity and perceived hopelessness
Altair wrote:
Some 2,600 years ago the ancient Greek poet Pindar wrote, “Become who you are by learning who you are.”
Somehow those two posts go really well together.

_________________
In building a statue, a sculptor doesn't keep adding clay to his subject.He keeps chiseling away at the inessentials until the truth of its creation is revealed without obstructions. Perfection is not when there is no more to add,but no more to take away.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: My World
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:44 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:44 am
Posts: 100
Life is forcing you to evolve. Enjoy the journey, it won't be easy, it won't always feel fun, figure out a way to laugh and have fun anyway. Just get moving forward and figure it out as you go, this is what the most successful people do.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: My World
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:31 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:32 pm
Posts: 1048
Location: The Real World
Altair wrote:
I felt that way too, before I went back to school. The world is rapidly changing, you're lucky in the sense that you are ahead of the rest of the general population's realization of this. My plans of going into petroleum geology have also been dashed by the shift away from fossil fuels. I've ended up focusing on exploration geology (finding new ore deposits to mine). I won't touch any kind of production geology, because it involves taking routine samples.

Basically you need to focus on something that either requires people skills like you said, or focus on something that is non-routine and requires varied approaches.

I recommend Mastery by Robert Greene, it got mixed reviews but I quite liked the book.
Quote:
Some 2,600 years ago the ancient Greek poet Pindar wrote, “Become who you are by learning who you are.” What he meant is the following: You are born with a particular makeup and tendencies that mark you as a piece of fate. It is who you are to the core. Some people never become who they are; they stop trusting in themselves; they conform to the tastes of others, and they end up wearing a mask that hides their true nature. If you allow yourself to learn who you really are by paying attention to that voice and force within you, then you can become what you were fated to become—an individual, a Master.”





I like that quote it definitely speaks and resonates with me. I'm at an age where I'm supposed to basically be established in life and here I am starting at the bottom metaphorically on my back reaching up for the light admist the darkness.
I definitely stopped trusting myself and questioning my beliefs wondering if the path was the correct one.

Like you said Altair I am lucky in a sense most people these days are walking like zombies but since I already have a base on network marketing since I wanted to do business all the way I'll develop and continuously hone people skills.

It has been a rude awakening, but as Jim Rohn said what happens to me happens to all of us it's what I do about it that will be the game changer.

_________________
~There's weakness in the hearts of all humans are you afraid to acknowledge yours... ~
Mr. Todo


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: My World
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:38 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:32 pm
Posts: 1048
Location: The Real World
peregrinus wrote:
Resonance wrote:
What I also truly discovered is that I need to have values and principles to stick by even in these times of adversity and perceived hopelessness
Altair wrote:
Some 2,600 years ago the ancient Greek poet Pindar wrote, “Become who you are by learning who you are.”
Somehow those two posts go really well together.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I knew you would do this!
luciddream wrote:
Life is forcing you to evolve. Enjoy the journey, it won't be easy, it won't always feel fun, figure out a way to laugh and have fun anyway. Just get moving forward and figure it out as you go, this is what the most successful people do.
I know everything is impermanent just have to be on my ish

_________________
~There's weakness in the hearts of all humans are you afraid to acknowledge yours... ~
Mr. Todo


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: My World
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:26 am 
Long time no see.

Welcome back!

In terms of the fitness industry, and in life in general, you have to look towards the positive. You have to look at areas that are growing.

Do what you care about. Have principles and values, but do what you care about, which is different from passion. Second, have a process you are passionate about for whatever you care about. As both of these together and you'll have more maneuverability.

Being an expert is overrated. Show you're an expert.

Help people. Anyone. Help everyone especially those closest to you in arms reach.

Helping people brings unexpected things your way.

Grow and love and live man.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: My World
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:32 pm
Posts: 1048
Location: The Real World
Slim Titan wrote:
Long time no see.

Welcome back!

In terms of the fitness industry, and in life in general, you have to look towards the positive. You have to look at areas that are growing.

Do what you care about. Have principles and values, but do what you care about, which is different from passion. Second, have a process you are passionate about for whatever you care about. As both of these together and you'll have more maneuverability.

Being an expert is overrated. Show you're an expert.

Help people. Anyone. Help everyone especially those closest to you in arms reach.

Helping people brings unexpected things your way.

Grow and love and live man.
Thanks,

I've realized being positive, believing in yourself, and becoming someone of intrinsic value goes a long way, its what The Kidd keeps saying before, age doesn't matter it's all about mindset. We live in a time where knowledge is everywhere and progress is happening faster than ever, The only thing missing is the belief and confidence to overcome it.

I don't know about being an expert is overrated but I see where you're coming from, because also what the Kidd says is also true "front attracts clout keeps" my teacher keeps saying we live in a time where its all about the flash w/ a touch of substance if any. :roll:
Attention spans are so low these days especially in western civilization its comparable to goldfish, and people get pulled in easily with a shiny new thing which is the same thing with a different spin. Rather work it until it gets better and developing skill(s) on your craft we just drift to the next new hip thing.


But your advice isn't far off from what I haven't heard already so I will definitely keep this in mind moving forward. The difference is I must be careful about passion, emotions will light the fire but having the discipline is key to move forward. I will keep this in mind to focus on the process rather than the outcome.

_________________
~There's weakness in the hearts of all humans are you afraid to acknowledge yours... ~
Mr. Todo


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: My World
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:49 pm 
Resonance wrote:
I do at times see women attracted to me but fail to act because apparently I'm awkward and really need to do a better job with this.
what would happen if you act?
what would happen if you dont act?


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: My World
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:32 pm
Posts: 1048
Location: The Real World
Midas wrote:
Resonance wrote:
I do at times see women attracted to me but fail to act because apparently I'm awkward and really need to do a better job with this.
what would happen if you act?
what would happen if you dont act?

Answer to the first, I don't know and particularly not an iota of care I have my life I need to make a priority right now.

To the second question they will probably pursue a little further or be slightly more aggressive or obvious about it but considering the lack of interest or care for a lot of things in general I don't really engage because of limited worldly experience.

_________________
~There's weakness in the hearts of all humans are you afraid to acknowledge yours... ~
Mr. Todo


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: My World
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:38 pm 
Resonance wrote:
Midas wrote:
Resonance wrote:
I do at times see women attracted to me but fail to act because apparently I'm awkward and really need to do a better job with this.
what would happen if you act?
what would happen if you dont act?

Answer to the first, I don't know and particularly not an iota of care I have my life I need to make a priority right now.

To the second question they will probably pursue a little further or be slightly more aggressive or obvious about it but considering the lack of interest or care for a lot of things in general I don't really engage because of limited worldly experience.
I like your excuses ;)


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: My World
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:32 pm
Posts: 1048
Location: The Real World
What do you mean Midas?

_________________
~There's weakness in the hearts of all humans are you afraid to acknowledge yours... ~
Mr. Todo


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: My World
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:53 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:44 am
Posts: 100
He means that there's only things you're doing or not doing, the story you tell yourself about it means nothing. You're either acting out of fear or out of love/peace. You've allowed fear to mold your creative energy into creative excuse making rather than creative action towards that which you desire.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: My World
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:00 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:32 pm
Posts: 1048
Location: The Real World
luciddream wrote:
He means that there's only things you're doing or not doing, the story you tell yourself about it means nothing. You're either acting out of fear or out of love/peace. You've allowed fear to mold your creative energy into creative excuse making rather than creative action towards that which you desire.

I could see that but I meant what I said pussy don't pay my bills nor would I want them to. Although they'll play a big part in developing people skills and pay my bills indirectly through a legitimate business, so it could play a part in self development in that sense.

_________________
~There's weakness in the hearts of all humans are you afraid to acknowledge yours... ~
Mr. Todo


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: My World
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:36 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:11 am
Posts: 778
The economy in all sorts of industries are hitting the fan or sensing a bubble. Many are sharing your experience right now, it's a very uncertain time, even at the highest levels the tension is being felt and this affects everyone below. Do not take this as some kind of huge personal failing - that is not required in order to glean the lessons from it, in fact it makes it more difficult.

There is a certain value in this for those who value growth and development (which is a small percentage of those who say they do, they simply like it the idea of it) in that the shit gets very real. Things that we could distract ourselves with, a life heavily based on daydreaming and entertainment literally become non-options when the rug starts being pulled out. There is great opportunity there as necessity can bring out all sorts of qualities and an intensity you had no idea you had.

This whole self-discovery thing, finding out who you really are, what you're about, what matters to you, what you have to offer, this is not a hobby or side interest. This is not optional, nor does it just happen magically if our attention is on trivial nonsense. It is where your fulfillment lies and worthy of being the most important point of focus.

Remember there are many ways to live, and being "successful" in this rather insane system may not actually be all that interesting to you on a deep level, and if that's the case you wouldn't even be happy if it happened. Maybe living minimally at a place where you could rock climb or whatever your thing is every day, or be in an ashram or a volunteer halfway across the planet are what would make you feel at home vs. "finding a stable career that from the current view of the world in 2017 seems like it should be pretty stable until some whole new thing is invented" default approach. You have to get to know yourself and what matters, understand what it is to be resourceful and ways to make that life a reality as you assess in real time what the costs/benefits are. You don't want your next big epiphany to be that all the sensible, logical choices you made have brought you to a completely unfulfilling routine that is never going to have that someday payoff of being fulfilling, and that in the end no one except you ultimately ever even cared about what you did.

_________________
http://www.innerreconciliation.com


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: My World
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:40 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 27, 2011 8:04 am
Posts: 962
Location: USA
You now have a fresh start to go in a new direction, or similar one, but it's up to you. You could've easily been stuck at this job for another 10 years working for a paycheck, unruled.

And, the thing you said about "I should be settled at this age" is a social belief in my opinion. If you've been around this forum for a while, like you have, I think you will be fine.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: My World
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:32 pm
Posts: 1048
Location: The Real World
Flow83 wrote:
The economy in all sorts of industries are hitting the fan or sensing a bubble. Many are sharing your experience right now, it's a very uncertain time, even at the highest levels the tension is being felt and this affects everyone below. Do not take this as some kind of huge personal failing - that is not required in order to glean the lessons from it, in fact it makes it more difficult.
Yeah I'm seeing it all over where I am now, there's homeless all over the place. And not just homeless, all sorts of ages and demographics and walks of life are out here. From the typical average person, to young boys to the disabled and elderly peddling for money, the world is definitely in for a disturbing change; the writing is on the wall.
Flow83 wrote:
There is a certain value in this for those who value growth and development (which is a small percentage of those who say they do, they simply like it the idea of it) in that the shit gets very real. Things that we could distract ourselves with, a life heavily based on daydreaming and entertainment literally become non-options when the rug starts being pulled out. There is great opportunity there as necessity can bring out all sorts of qualities and an intensity you had no idea you had.
I agree and I'm trying to work on it now in my own pragmatic way, my teacher is always telling me there will be sunny days and there will be cloudy days. From what I learned and developed from him the most is perseverance its hard but I am doing what I can to be creative and make my own way in life now. I do know that feeling of losing yourself in entertainment all too well with what I know now I want to make it better than before.
Flow83 wrote:
Remember there are many ways to live, and being "successful" in this rather insane system may not actually be all that interesting to you on a deep level, and if that's the case you wouldn't even be happy if it happened. Maybe living minimally at a place where you could rock climb or whatever your thing is every day, or be in an ashram or a volunteer halfway across the planet are what would make you feel at home vs. "finding a stable career that from the current view of the world in 2017 seems like it should be pretty stable until some whole new thing is invented" default approach. You have to get to know yourself and what matters, understand what it is to be resourceful and ways to make that life a reality as you assess in real time what the costs/benefits are. You don't want your next big epiphany to be that all the sensible, logical choices you made have brought you to a completely unfulfilling routine that is never going to have that someday payoff of being fulfilling, and that in the end no one except you ultimately ever even cared about what you did
.

You are correct there are rather other ways of living which I have been considering and looking to start doing soon. These times are too different a stable career is a dream these days and money is nothing more than a "new" subtle form of slavery to include all cultures and races. And just like 2000 years ago women are being used to destroy our current society, I am adapting to my new circumstances and then opt out "I am done with this illusion.

I agree, getting to know myself more and more through this strife will definitely be valuable, what I like, what I dislike, my values what I'll tolerate what I consider disrespectful and unacceptable, self knowledge is key to wisdom. I don't care what everybody else thinks they don't see what I see coming although more people are waking up. I just want to live a fulfilling life no more no less a clear head is key and knowing when to let emotions play a role when necessary and when to keep them out of the equation.
TheDude wrote:
You now have a fresh start to go in a new direction, or similar one, but it's up to you. You could've easily been stuck at this job for another 10 years working for a paycheck, unruled.
I agree because I didn't have the belief of doing it my own and lacked the commitment to see it through.
TheDude wrote:
And, the thing you said about "I should be settled at this age" is a social belief in my opinion. If you've been around this forum for a while, like you have, I think you will be fine.
It basically is but I'm definitely at a point where my life should be more than what it is or at the very least I'm living truly on my own terms

_________________
~There's weakness in the hearts of all humans are you afraid to acknowledge yours... ~
Mr. Todo


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ] 

All times are UTC+01:00


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to: 

cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited