Natural Freedom

Forum for the natural awakening and self-realization of men
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:31 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:14 pm 
In the four different categories of financial status in the matrix, your position is as fluid as your input. The article below says that a high networth = more money. However, you can grow your money exponentially by meeting your bare requirements if the article is true.

It says that the vast majority of money in the two examples, one from a trustfund baby and the other from an entrepreneur, grew exponentially because they can live adequately on a fraction of their wealth. The vast majority of their money is spent moving money.

Bill gates wealth grew at the same amount after his retirement and movement into investment

Basically, if this article is true then you really just need to make a certain number above the average American wage/or other country you live in. Live as minimally as possible. Some people say 10% of your wealth should go towards investments. This financial advice has to be absurdly incorrect or even the advice your housing should be 30% of your income, or better yet the advice to even buy a house.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:59 pm 

This is actually a larger scale of my exact plan. I have a person lined up to handle investing for me.

Basically the plan is graduate, save two years expenses in cash. Then buy a large chunk of property/house. I plan on planting timber on it.

1. It will lower the taxes
2. It's a backup for the liquid investments. Mature black walnut sells for around 1k a tree.

Then I'll just save 50%+ of my income as corporate assets while I pay off my house etc. Working month on month off. By dividing things like that I am immune from every angle I can think of.

To me the monetary game is interesting, but it has a diminishing law of returns. If I can live comfortably then I would rather spend my energy elsewhere.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:14 am 
The more you get the less you can actually get with it. If you have $1b in liquid assets you can afford every luxury item sold to people.

I'm working on fast growth businesses. I don't have any money to invest because I don't meet my bare minimum requirements. If I do I'll definitely start. What's interesting about money though is that it is a false assumption that you can't make up for "lost" compounded investments.

If you start a high growth business, which is largely time dependent, you reap returns that more than quintuple outpace your so called "standard" compound investments. Financial advice all around is pretty bad, which is why the rich are rich. However, you can look into bad advice to see where to strike.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:00 pm 

I'm actually not super knowledgeable in investments. However say that you plan on withdrawing 3% of your investment yearly. That would leave enough to cover inflation/investor fees.

At two million that's 60k per year. If you have no debt is that enough?

I might delve more into it when I get closer to that point but I've still got 2 years left for my undergrad plus grad school. My basic thinking though is if you have enough capital the lower return on investment in funds doesn't matter because you can make enough to be happy with no effort required.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:12 am 
Oh the joys of free education. I don't have that luxury here in the U.S.

I would hop on the grad school train immediately if the state would sponsor my return. The only real way to get into grad school for me is to go back for a PhD where the school actually pays you. :cry:

It's ok though. Working on myself really hard has brought about numerous manifestations in my world. Some of them are worthy enough to write about, but I'll wait to see where the journey takes me.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:03 am 

It's not really free, I have to pay it back. It is helpful though.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:14 am 
Damn Canadians, that's why Canada sucks :lol:

Jk, there are a lot of new businesses that go to Canada just for your over-educated underpaid workforce.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 4:14 am 

I probably not gonna work in Canada lol. Gonna go to other countries, and consult there.