Natural Freedom

Forum for the natural awakening and self-realization of men
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:26 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:33 am 

Quote:
On Tuesday (October 28), Hollaback!, a “movement to end street harassment,” teamed with filmmaker Rob Bliss to release “10 Hours of Walking in NYC as a Woman.” The video splices together a day’s worth of footage into a less-than-two-minute clip, which features actress Shoshana B. Roberts walking around the city and experiencing “100+ instances of street harassment.”
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1XGPvbWn0A

http://www.mtv.com/news/1979099/woman-c ... ity-video/

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:05 am 

This is how it was intended: "Seek and you shall find." :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:27 am 

Jared wrote:
This is how it was intended: "Seek and you shall find." :lol:
Seriously. This is some bullshit but we don't have to worry about it.

This has no agenda behind it at all :roll:

"...There is only one thing you can do. Master that one thing!...What you must be doing is visualizing yourself at your most powerful. You don't need any external enemies. The only opponent you must fight, is none other than your own image."

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:46 am 
Site Admin

I feel this is a very sad commentary on the state of men (boys) today.

And not for the reasons people may think.

Certainly not for the ones the films makers are attempting to push with the film.

In building a statue, a sculptor doesn't keep adding clay to his subject.He keeps chiseling away at the inessentials until the truth of its creation is revealed without obstructions. Perfection is not when there is no more to add,but no more to take away.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:31 pm 

I really don't get how this is harassment. In any way, shape or form. You obviously like showing the world you get this kind of attention when you put this video out anyway.

Shit, maybe that's what this whole feminism thing is about. They don't really want it to stop, just want to show the world how highly valued they are by men and how they are above them.

"Stop the catcalling and whistling! But really, please don't. Otherwise I'll have to chase after you. Even though that's what I really want deep down. Damn, just make this shit easy for me, OK?"

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:36 pm 

Quote:
Water seeks its own level

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:06 pm 

The only thing I would say was close to harassment was the guy who walked with her for like 5 minutes. Other than that, it seems more like a propaganda smear campaign against men of color...like they are the only ones who will try to get a woman's attention on the street. It's almost silently racist in that sense. :geek:

Pimposophy Revisited is now finally available on Amazon in all territories!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:59 pm 

The Kidd!! wrote:
The only thing I would say was close to harassment was the guy who walked with her for like 5 minutes. Other than that, it seems more like a propaganda smear campaign against men of color...like they are the only ones who will try to get a woman's attention on the street. It's almost silently racist in that sense. :geek:
Yeah, I just read an article about that. Definitely something that should be talked about more.

Then again, she could have just told the guy to fuck off or whatever. She let him walk with her.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:09 pm 
The Kidd!! wrote:
THANK YOU!!! :D

There has been an ongoing feminist movement that most likely inspired this called HipHop: Beyond Beats and Rhymes. :ugeek:

http://www.mediaed.org/cgi-bin/commerce ... on&key=226

This video is just a more toned down version of that same message. However, it is filmed to be more visceral. :geek:

If you've read real domestic violence statistics then you'll see through this ploy to generate money by academia:

Hiphop: Beyond Beats and Rhymes Complete Documentary

You won't find it hard to believe how this video spawned propaganda like what Symp2pimp posted once you watch 15 minutes of it. This video is shown nearly every year at colleges across the country leading up to the feminist initiative "Take Back the Night." It is shown a lot regarding domestic violence and harassment. This video has been played no less than three times a year at the college I graduated from.

I was dragged to an event by a friend who told me we were having an open and honest discussion about sex, violence, and interpersonal struggle on college campuses. I almost walked out when I realized it was just some indoctrination into modern feminism. If my friend hadn't have offered to pool money with me so we could get some liquor and a party started afterwards I wouldn't have stayed to find out how thousands of America's best and brightest men are wasting their talents supporting branch off initiatives like this.