Natural Freedom

Forum for the natural awakening and self-realization of men
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:29 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:08 am 

A Woman Wore A Hidden Camera To Show How Many Times In A Day She Gets Harassed.
Quote:
Before you try to tell someone to get over it, you need to know what it's actually like. And then you need to not tell them to get over it.

TRIGGER WARNING: At 3:17, a woman describes an assault on a subway. You really should hear what she says so you can learn how horrific this is for many women on a daily basis.
Link: A Woman Wore A Hidden Camera To Show How Many Times In A Day She Gets Harassed. Argh.

-

This talk has recently come up in my life with a female friend. She had good points: it's not okay to be harassed or 'cat-called'; it's not okay to be groped or to have your physical space violated by a stranger.

I agree with her on those, but I also thought...are men to blame?

I didn't come to a conclusion, because I'm not sure and I can see that if I direct a little bit of the 'fault' on women, then I'm a misogynist.

I really can't see the workings behind what is going on here socially and whats the source!

Very curios to know what members think, especially Kidd & peregrinus.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:31 am 

Irrelevant...because we take the time to discern which women would actually welcome our company and conversation. :ugeek:

This is not something I even concern myself with. Fucks given: ZERO. :geek:

Pimposophy Revisited is now finally available on Amazon in all territories!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 2:36 am 

The Kidd!! wrote:
Irrelevant...because we take the time to discern which women would actually welcome our company and conversation. :ugeek:
Yes.
bliss wrote:

Very curios to know what members think,
Quote:
"If you are not willing to stick by your own rules
and your boundaries, you cannot claim that someone
took advantage of you."

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:48 am 

The Kidd!! wrote:
Irrelevant...because we take the time to discern which women would actually welcome our company and conversation.
Indeed. But why do I get the feeling if they knew we only focused on women who are choosing they would still say it's wrong?

"...There is only one thing you can do. Master that one thing!...What you must be doing is visualizing yourself at your most powerful. You don't need any external enemies. The only opponent you must fight, is none other than your own image."

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:26 am 

Flux wrote:
The Kidd!! wrote:
Irrelevant...because we take the time to discern which women would actually welcome our company and conversation.
Indeed. But why do I get the feeling if they knew we only focused on women who are choosing they would still say it's wrong?
I don't worry about that either :mrgreen:

Pimposophy Revisited is now finally available on Amazon in all territories!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:49 am 
Site Admin

Quote:
I know the way I dress is kinda provocative, but
So where is the hidden camera stuff the article headline describes?

In building a statue, a sculptor doesn't keep adding clay to his subject.He keeps chiseling away at the inessentials until the truth of its creation is revealed without obstructions. Perfection is not when there is no more to add,but no more to take away.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:15 am 
Site Admin

The Kidd!! wrote:

Like a friggin vampire hahaha... :twisted:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 2:12 pm 

http://www.naturalfreedom.info/viewtopi ... =579#p4499
Quote:
I know the way I dress is kinda provocative, but it doesn't mean I should have to deal with it.
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=199&p=1173#p1173
peregrinus wrote:
So where is the hidden camera stuff the article headline describes?
Right, where is the evidence of harassment or assault?

I only see submissive men who sacrifice their self-respect and dignity by putting women on pedestals. They are making an ass of themselves by literally worshipping the grounds they walk on. This is self-humiliation, neither harassment nor assault.

Often, these same women masturbate while watching the "Fifty Shades of Grey" trailer.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 5:33 pm 

bliss wrote:
-

This talk has recently come up in my life with a female friend. She had good points: it's not okay to be harassed or 'cat-called'; it's not okay to be groped or to have your physical space violated by a stranger.

I agree with her on those, but I also thought...are men to blame?
As per what the beauty queen described; a man puts his dick up against her ass on a crowded subway, so how is that man not to blame for his action? Give me one solid reason why you would be ambiguous about that.

As for 'cat-calling', cry me a fucking river.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:48 am 

I've entertained a few conversations with people like that. It's pretty frustrating, if you observe all their point and concede where they are correct. They will not give any ground on your points that are correct and want to focus on how all men are potential rapists and monsters and blah blah. This is a huge problem and all men need to take responsibility for it.

Fuuuuuck that. :|

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:44 am 

I don't understand the concept they're describing, where being "verbally assaulted" means they don't have ownership of their bodies. Wut?

"I know the way I dress is provocative, but..." There is no but, if you know you are dressing in a way that is, by definition, meant to PROVOKE men, then what in the world do you expect?

I think it might be a symptom of the women in the video being uncomfortable with themselves and their bodies, which causes the dissonance between their expectations and what is happening on the street (which felt staged, to me).

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:53 pm 

They're only offended by getting attention from men they are not interested in which according to them falls under the harrassment category.

Don't worry about that shit though, as Kidd said it's irrelevant, also those women are irrelevant.

"Simply put, you being in her life is a BLESSING. Her wronging you in any way is her own self-inflicted CURSE, and if she does wrong you, then let the punishment fit the crime. Her life will absolutely SUCK without you."

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:06 pm 
Site Admin

ignore everything after the 'but', that is one of my golden rules.

If someone says a sentence to me with the word 'but' in it, I throw away everything they said after that point as it is irrelevant.

In building a statue, a sculptor doesn't keep adding clay to his subject.He keeps chiseling away at the inessentials until the truth of its creation is revealed without obstructions. Perfection is not when there is no more to add,but no more to take away.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:36 pm 

peregrinus wrote:
"Derelict but and ben near Lochhill" :lol:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/But_and_ben

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:50 am 

The Kidd!! wrote:

:lol:

I didn't mean I was interested in having a relationship with any female that says such things, but I was pointing to: how do you combat this, "men are pigs for treating women like objects", when it arises in conversations and debates?

I think the best action would be not to partake, because the 'logic' put fourth could not be translated by the 'emotional being' female.

-
zogler wrote:
I only see submissive men who sacrifice their self-respect and dignity by putting women on pedestals. They are making an ass of themselves by literally worshipping the grounds they walk on. This is self-humiliation, neither harassment nor assault.
Good way of putting it zogler; good links as well.

-

Altair, this was the 1st and last time I probably partake in a 'feminist' talk with a female. I felt a similar experience to yours...agreed with her where I felt like she was right, but only saw her reject all my points; the ones usually pointing at women being responsible for some results.

-
Alchemist wrote:
They're only offended by getting attention from men they are not interested in which according to them falls under the harrassment category.
Hahah so true!

-
peregrinus wrote:

If someone says a sentence to me with the word 'but' in it, I throw away everything they said after that point as it is irrelevant.
I also had a memorable professor who said, "anything after the 'but' is bullshit."

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:44 am 

I thought it was anything before the "but", grinus? :ugeek:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:08 am 
Site Admin

moose35 wrote:
Have a listen, in your own life.

Then make up your own mind.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:24 pm 

peregrinus wrote:
moose35 wrote:
Have a listen, in your own life.

Then make up your own mind.
I'll have to observe for a while. But a lot of times I've found that what is said before the but is a way to save face/excuse one's self, while what comes after the but is the real thing the person wanted to say, i.e "I'm not trying to be judgmental, but that guy is a complete asshole", or "Yeah, that car is really cool, but MY car has a 1.9 engine".

This is all very funny, because of an introduction section followed by a but :lol: I'm interested to see if I'm proven wrong though.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:19 pm 

moose35 wrote:
It depends. If you put it into perspective and context, you will see that it's not black or white.
Quote:
He is handsome, a great guy, financially independent, kind, a sex machine, but I don't know, something doesn't...
Ignore everything before the "but".
Quote:
I know the way I dress is kinda provocative, but it doesn't mean I should have to deal with it.
Ignore everything after the "but".

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:30 pm 

Ah, but in what you posted (way of dressing), her main message is "I shouldnt have to deal with unwanted attention."