Natural Freedom

Forum for the natural awakening and self-realization of men
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:30 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:31 am 

I think it's because:

1. western people usually have more money than the local people.
2. being from the west gives you a higher social status because Asian countries look up to western culture.
3. We look different than most people (in Thailand we look different from Thai people) so maybe it's more attractive?

I don't think it's just number 1 (money).

what do you think?

p.s
when Rion was talking about natural grounding on Zan's forum someone wrote that Thai women watch a lot of western movies and since we are from the west (and look like the western people they see in the movies) they look up to us- so it's like 'natural grounding in
reverse'.. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:34 am 

It's money, you just have to be more careful..it's like the stakes are raised because you have more at risk.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:15 am 

Who knows. Go dip your beak in a little Asia and you probably wont care why,lol.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:14 am 

I don't know if you remember this Shay but Rion said something like when he goes to Asia it's the equivalent to him being a celebrity in the US, he equated this to the 'N word', but we know the real reason now. ;)

"Simply put, you being in her life is a BLESSING. Her wronging you in any way is her own self-inflicted CURSE, and if she does wrong you, then let the punishment fit the crime. Her life will absolutely SUCK without you."

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:44 am 

create wrote:
I don't know if you remember this Shay but Rion said something like when he goes to Asia it's the equivalent to him being a celebrity in the US, he equated this to the 'N word', but we know the real reason now. ;)
you mean he said it's because he is natural but it's actually because he poses as a rich man?
I thought so too, but Seek said in London natural women were more nice and flirty and there are guys much more rich than him in London. So it can't be just about the money....

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:30 pm 

Shay, you still don't get it...you don't have to be rich to get women to flirt with you (although it helps A LOT...but for all the wrong reasons)...you just gotta get your swag up.

Pimposophy Revisited is now finally available on Amazon in all territories!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:54 pm 

The Kidd!! wrote:
Shay, you still don't get it...you don't have to be rich to get women to flirt with you (although it helps A LOT...but for all the wrong reasons)...you just gotta get your swag up.
Yes Kidd I know. But I'm talking about the fact that Men who have no success in the west at all go to Asia and have success.

peregrinus said that when they are in Asia they let themselves go more (act more free)
because no one knows them over there. So maybe that's why...

I don't know, I guess I'm trying to figure this thing out.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:33 pm 

It's just an environmental factor...they cut loose in Asia because what happens in Asia, stays in Asia.

Translation: Nothing they do over there impacts the reputation they have cultured and nourished back at home. They would NEVER act like that at home because it would ruin everything they have worked so hard to build.

It is really that damn simple.

Pimposophy Revisited is now finally available on Amazon in all territories!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:23 am 
Quote:
Translation: Nothing they do over there impacts the reputation they have cultured and nourished back at home. They would NEVER act like that at home because it would ruin everything they have worked so hard to build.
That's sooooo true.

A friend of mine told my group of friends, that she went to Cancun and she danced topless there, (although, I think nobody noticed that, cause she's soooo flat over there :lol: ).

Yes, she did that because we weren't there, otherwise she'd be dead by now. ;)

And I think that another factor could be that you perceive people from other countries like they are way too different than the people from your own country, so maybe unconsciously you or women from your homeland want to believe that the foreigners will match your hopes for perfection. Or it could be just the need for the 'exotic'.

Last edited by El-Chameleon on Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:39 am 

That's potentially setting yourself up for disappointment though.

I guess because I live in a massively multicultural area and I've met people from all over the world, I don't have these crazy expectations about women anymore, Madrid made that clear for me and opened my eyes that my expectations were silly.

But when I go back to the US in a few months I will be more comfortable though cuz it's home. :mrgreen:

"Simply put, you being in her life is a BLESSING. Her wronging you in any way is her own self-inflicted CURSE, and if she does wrong you, then let the punishment fit the crime. Her life will absolutely SUCK without you."

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:42 am 

I've a natural woman in my acting course, I find it impossible to make dirty jokes at her I just feel bad:P She's all uncorrupted and lovely! (and a phenomenal actress)
She's not in to me though which sucks!

Its easier to talk to her though and have fun with her. She kind of puts me off guard...

Men probably have more success in asia because they can talk to the women easier.
Not every asian woman is a gold digger or a social climber. There's natural women in Japan as well which isn't a third or second world country, and I saw on the TV an Irish guy chatting up these three japanese women in the embassy and they were having a great time with him.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:06 am 

I saw this thread quite a while ago and I've being wanting to comment.

I thought about answering the question "why do you think men form the west have more success in Asia".

I was going to give my perspective when I realised something.

Although I've being to Thailand twice I've never actually approached, met, picked up, being picked up by, sarged etc, any woman while I was in Thailand for the reason that both times I was in Thailand I was visiting my then current girlfriend and her family.

I never went to bars, clubs or any of that stuff while I was there. Every time I was out and about in Thailand I was with my girlfriend. I did notice that the women were really chilled out, warm, vibrant, all that good stuff but obviously nothing happened because I'm there to be with my girlfriend and the other women were being respectful of our relationship.

This is what I did notice. Both times I came back to the UK from Thailand I had a huge improvement in my interactions with women. At first I wasn't looking for anything but when I did break up with my ex in the middle of 06 I remember a couple months later I started dating and I was getting crazy responses from women that I never used to get before. I just assumed it was affirmations or body language or this new stuff I was learning from David D and Stephane Hermon and perhaps those things helped a bit but looking back it was very similar to the responses I get when doing NG.

Not everyone here believes in NG in that's cool but I also had the same responses when I came back from Thailand in 04 and at that time I didn't even know about David D or Ross Jeffries let alone Rion Williams. I was being loyal to my girlfriend at the time but I had to reject a lot of women when I was back home in the UK (and most of those women were western) and I was asking myself "what the frak is going on?".

So I think the question could be "Why do men have more success with women in the west when they have previously being on a trip to Asia"? At least from my experience.

Is it because the culture in many Asian countries supports indifference while our culture tells us we need to find happiness outside of us?

Both times I came back to from Thailand it was like I was a different person, I couldn't put my finger on it but I felt really powerful, sexy, happy, wanted to be outdoors a lot.

So back to Shay's post. I realise that Shay is having great success now so I suspect a lot of his feelings have changed but I think a lot of other people will have these concerns about why men are having more success in Asia and think that maybe these are the reasons they are having more success there.

"1. western people usually have more money than the local people".

Actually from the age of 17 I used to spend my summers in San Francisco because I had much more success in SF then in the UK (although now I realise it's now possible to have that success anywhere). So although I was getting crazy responses form women I defeintilty didn't have more money then the locals, considerably less unfortunately (and bear in mind this was during the dot com boom but even now San Fran is one of the richest cities in the US). Also I didn't wear any aftershave or deodorant because I didn't see the point at the time(althoughI do now), I also wore crappy shoes but I still had more success in SF then in the UK.

Now I can't speak for Thailand because as I said I never met any woman in Thailand (since I wasn't pursuing women there as I was already with someone). However I met my Thai ex in the UK and I know I wasn't the richest guy there, not even close and I didn't look rich either or act rich. If it were about my money I would have being smoked. Also a lot of times I meet Thai women in the UK they flirt even though there is no indication that I'm a rich guy or anything. If it were down to money then I would still need to be richer then the guy next to me, whether the woman I wanted was Thia, British, whatever.

Also I've never being to Finland, heard the women there are great, but I've heard it's an expensive place to live, not sure if that is true. I think Japan is very expensive, never being there, love the women though, very warm and open.

My current girlfriend knows that my financial situation is not great but our relationship is awesome.

Also if you are on the RELM forum there check out Epik posts. He went to Thailand but met women who weren't Thai but French? English? American? I can't remember but I remember he said he had a great time there.

"2. being from the west gives you a higher social status because Asian countries look up to western culture".

Again can't speak for Thailand. Met my ex from Thailand in the UK so social status not was in my favour (unless musicians have really high social status in Thailand). Actually all the Asian women I ever flirted with or dated I all met in the UK or the US.

Maybe San Franciscaisn women look up to Europeans? Maybe European men have more social staus then American men in SF but I don't think so. I think the accent gives me an advantage there but most of the time these women who I dated didn't know I was from Europe until they spoke to me yet stuff was happening right away when we saw each other.

"3. We look different than most people (in Thailand we look different from Thai people) so maybe it's more attractive?"

That's fair enough. I think that's true wherever you go, like if a brazilian woman goes to Sweden but it's like having a UK accent in SF, it's nothing more then a little bit of an edge, but not enough to guarantee anything.

Here is what I think it is.

Basically what I see in Thailand is what I see in San Fran and also with my current gf who is half European half African.

It's like they are happy in themselves and love their life and they don't see anything weird about hooking up with a guy or pursuing him if they want to. That's been my experience with women in SF as well as women in from Asia, Eastern Europe etc. If they want you they come out and say it, they don't beat around the bush.

It's like women in the social matrix want to pursue men but they are too scared of being judged for doing so because our society tells them they are wrong for doing so? I'm not sure but that's what I think it is.

I think women in SF and Thailand just don't give a frak to be honest. If they see a man they want they just go after him because life is too damn short.

Also the society in both SF and Thailand seems to be more "be happy right now" type of thinking and being. I think these societies support indifference where as our society tells us that we must acquire and consume things in order to happy which makes dating a lot harder since we're so much more needy as a result.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:51 am 

Seek wrote:
Also the society in both SF and Thailand seems to be more "be happy right now" type of thinking and being. I think these societies support indifference where as our society tells us that we must acquire and consume things in order to happy which makes dating a lot harder since we're so much more needy as a result.
Great points Seek, esp. this one. I noticed that a lot of women in the west feel attraction for a guy but then they say: Oh but he is not rich, he does not have a nice car, he is not tall enough, etc....
then, their logic is not allowing them to flow with what they are feeling.

I'd like to make two points regarding your post and let me know your thoughts:

1. When you have a girl friend that you love it automaticly makes you indifferent (assuming all is going well in the relationship....). So women pick up that you are really indifferent and not just acting.

2. This is not true for everyone but I heard two guys who came back from Thailand and had success with western women over there. I asked them what changed, they said:
In Thailand we don't give a shit if we get rejected by western women, cause when you go to a bar you have Thai women all over you and you can get laid without any effort. While here in Israel we don't have that option so we are less indifferent to the outcome.

(I don't agree with them, I think that a person can be indifferent even if he does not get laid. not getting laid does not mean you are going to die... :D . But I can understand why these guys who really wanted sex could still be very indifferent while picking up western women in Thailand)

What do you think?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:20 pm 

I've been meaning on taking a trip to Thailand. I think I'll put that on the "To do soon" list. Not an expensive place to vacation by any means...