Natural Freedom

Forum for the natural awakening and self-realization of men
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:16 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 12:10 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Wow, I can't even believe I'm typing this! If you're reading this, it's because I made it. I made it to one full year without alcohol. On May 6, 2013, I took my last drink. I will never forget how it felt. I was sick and tired of being sick and tired. I was tired of being the party girl, I was tired of feeling like sh*t, I was tired of disappointing and embarrassing my friends and loved ones. I decided I needed a big change. Trying to drink in moderation hadn't proved to be the best option for me. It never worked. Enough was enough. I tried something that I never did before -- stopped drinking alcohol completely.

When I started this sober journey, I wasn't sure how long it would last, and now I can't imagine going back to how my life was before. The positives have been plentiful and the negatives have been slim to none.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/kelly-fit ... mg00000063

http://sobersenorita.com/2014/05/07/a-y ... t-alcohol/

In building a statue, a sculptor doesn't keep adding clay to his subject.He keeps chiseling away at the inessentials until the truth of its creation is revealed without obstructions. Perfection is not when there is no more to add,but no more to take away.

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 12:59 pm 

I can endorse this lifestyle.

For 18 years now.

(A very nice page design SoberS)

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 11:31 pm 
Alcohol was not the root of her problem. Her destructive thoughts were the root of her problem, insecurities, and inadequacies. Quitting alcohol just made her face herself, but quitting alcohol will not do that for everyone.

As an experiment to see if there a more people like us, I went to an AA meeting to see what it was about. They tell their stories and hide details. They are still afraid to face their self. They use religion as a guiding principle in their endeavors when that may not be necessary. Some of them seem happier from using these tools though.

As a caveat, I only went to one AA meeting. They are typically active in the community though, but I don't mean social or political organizing.

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 9:52 am 

Agree, alcohol was not her problem. It made her problem less noisy.

Slim, they hide details because they aren't ready to face the truth. I have my own experience to back that up. I recorded a sit down I had with my mentor/friend years ago. I listened to it recently and was shocked to hear the words coming out of my mouth back then. So much of what I was saying was BS, lying to myself and my friend. I wasn't ready then.

My high school coach used to say: you can take a horse to the river, but you can't force it to drink. <--- when it wants to it'll drink.
Quote:
They use religion as a guiding principle in their endeavors when that may not be necessary. Some of them seem happier from using these tools though.
I wonder how long that will last?

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 12:55 pm 

Drugs are never the problem until they begin to outweigh the problem.

she did good though, at least she has the discipline to stay away from such an embedded crutch.

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 1:01 pm 

I am 3 years w/o alcohol. For me, it was a crutch. I made a decision that I needed to change and never drink again and so I did. Dropped it cold turkey. Now I can be around alcohol and don't care at all, like I never drinked in my life. If I look back at myself when I was drinking, now I feel like that's totally somebody else, or consider myself LUCKY to not get really hurt, considering the stupid shit I used to get myself into. And I was 24, and been drinking since 11. It doesn;t make sense to me anymore. I did it, know how it tastes, moving on.

The good stuff that I learned is that I can't be manipulted since under the influence of substances u are easily manipulated, I don't need alcohol to make me confident to talk to women, better money management, and the biggest one is that I truly don't need it to feel good, since I make myself feel good.

So guys, if u drink, drink in moderation, don't get super drunk and shit. And if u like to get drunk like a motherfucker, that's fine, but don't overdo it, don't make it a lifestyle, like I did. It's simply not worth it, that's all.

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 10:27 am 

Not to mention better decisions, better sperm, better inner health, my organs are healthy, stomach pain gone, no more mornings when I end up vomiting all over the place. Think about it, spending all that money to get fucked up only to vomit that shit in the morning. How stupid is that ? It doesn't make sense.
What else ? If I was a driver, I wouldn't drive drunk putting my life and my passanger lifes at risk, or maybe be pulled over and get a fine, which that would mean fucking up with my money, all my girls or girlfriends would have no worries that I get drunk and beat them, break shit, or embaress them in public. Not to mention that at parties, get togethers, bars, but tipically the first 2, usually guys get super drunk, and some girls get drunk, but most of them do not. And guess who stands out w/o effort ? All I have to do is have a little patience, and girls flock to me. Even the girls who have boyfriends and all. Now, it's up to me what I do and where I want to go with it, but I won't ever get sexual with my boys' nr 1. But if it's someone that I don't know or I don't respect, I don't give a fuck. If she doesn't give a fuck about him, why should I ?

To sum it all up, I have better control over myself. Man, I feel good.

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 11:03 am 

I cannot find any reason to drink, in any situation,
or mental state --- whatsoever.

And no pain medicine, not even aspirin. I deal w/pain
just by allowing it, without resisting it. In fact I ask
for more pain.

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 4:25 am 

Jared wrote:
I deal w/pain just by allowing it, without resisting it. In fact I ask for more pain.
You and me both Jared! ;)

I do prefer natural herbs, compared to Western medicine...actually right now I'm cooking up a Chinese herb concoction for the first time. It is intended to strengthen heart, calm nerves, nourish brain, and clear heart fire. :D

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 7:30 am 

bliss wrote:
Jared wrote:
I deal w/pain just by allowing it, without resisting it. In fact I ask for more pain.
You and me both Jared! ;)

I do prefer natural herbs, compared to Western medicine...actually right now I'm cooking up a Chinese herb concoction for the first time. It is intended to strengthen heart, calm nerves, nourish brain, and clear heart fire. :D
That's not really allowing the pain though, is it? :mrgreen: