Natural Freedom

Forum for the natural awakening and self-realization of men
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:47 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Buying Presents
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:02 pm 

It's in regard of this thread : http://www.naturalfreedom.info/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2854 by Alchemist.
Alchemist wrote:
These are things she says I'm 'supposed to do anyways', which made me think for a second. I don't do typical boyfriend shit like buying flowers and candy, it's been over a year now and I have not done that once, if I offer a gift (only her birthday, Christmas and anniversary) it has to be useful and lasting, unlike flowers.
I want to ask you all, what do you offer for Christmas, Anniversary and all ?

Coz right now I'm struggling with Christmas, I bought NO present for NOBODY, and I don't plan to ... (the dots are because I'm curious about their reactions, hence the 'struggling' part)
TO BE FAIR, I SAID I DON'T WANT NOTHING TOO (as it is true to me, (side note : I just bought myself the "Elephant in the room" dvd, I just can't wait to have it :twisted:) ) , but they just seem like they can't ... for whatever BS reason ... (Maybe because they REALLY want something in return :| :mrgreen: )

Well I suppose the meaning of this thread really is :
I BEG OFF YOU, PLEASE SOMEONE TELL ME YOU AGREE WITH ME ON THIS STANCE (buying things when you want, IF you want, not because you feel like you have to ...) otherwise I won't sleep tonight :mrgreen:

Thanks

Post subject: Re: Buying Presents
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:10 pm 

I agree...I'm not big on economy stimulating holidays, especially when I'm focused on building wealth. Unfortunately, being in my position I have to make a few concessions...like the staff in my office that save my forgetful ass all year round. So I guess I don't give for the sake of giving, but more because someone has given so much to me so I would feel guilty if I didn't acknowledge them, you know? :geek:

Pimposophy Revisited is now finally available on Amazon in all territories!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:14 pm 

The Kidd!! wrote:
I agree...I'm not big on economy stimulating holidays, especially when I'm focused on building wealth. Unfortunately, being in my position I have to make a few concessions...like the staff in my office that save my forgetful ass all year round. So I guess I don't give for the sake of giving, but more because someone has given so much to me so I would feel guilty if I didn't acknowledge them, you know? :geek:
Oh yeah, I see.

And concerning family ? :geek:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:17 pm 

I throw immediate family a bone...spending $25-50 on a present is a better deal to me than spending the rest of my life hearing about that one time I didn't do shit haha...you mileage may vary tho. They always get me something so it's mainly reciprocation. 8-)

Pimposophy Revisited is now finally available on Amazon in all territories!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:18 pm 
Site Admin

The Kidd!! wrote:
Unfortunately, being in my position I have to make a few concessions...like the staff in my office that save my forgetful ass all year round.
I spent the night on Monday baking some homemade cookies and mini chocolate muffins. Listening to music and having fun with a friend.

Total cost was minimal in ingredients.. It worked out as an excellent semi-date, with much enjoyment and banter and produced some tasty treats for work colleagues.

Took them into work Yesterday and received a lot of smiles and sounds of enjoyment from the people.

Not one was left at the end and several women asked for the recipes.

That my friends is how to keep your work colleagues happy. Always do it last week of the working year, preferably start of the week, as other people bring in shop bought treats towards end of week.

In building a statue, a sculptor doesn't keep adding clay to his subject.He keeps chiseling away at the inessentials until the truth of its creation is revealed without obstructions. Perfection is not when there is no more to add,but no more to take away.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:25 pm 

The Kidd!! wrote:
I throw immediate family a bone...spending $25-50 on a present is a better deal to me than spending the rest of my life hearing about that one time I didn't do shit haha...you mileage may vary tho. They always get me something so it's mainly reciprocation. 8-)
Damn :evil:.

It's not about that one time, it's FROM NOW ON :lol:

GB's theatrical voice * REALLY, we have one big family reunion (17 persons this year, all family) a year, a good meal, we spend a good time laughing together and all, and you'll gonna resent me for NOT paying a BS present that will stay in your cupboard for the next years until you decide to sell it or dump it.

Ahh dreams ...

Thank you for your answers, I'll think it over :?

Peregrinus, :lol:
Family ? :ugeek:

EDIT : Just as info, I'M NOT BROKE, I COULD SPEND IT, I just don't see it that way ... (so mind problem, not money :arrow: )

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:26 am 

I have a low budget for those 3 occasions I mentioned.

I can appreciate your situation though, having to get presents for 17 people would be too much of a hassle.

"Simply put, you being in her life is a BLESSING. Her wronging you in any way is her own self-inflicted CURSE, and if she does wrong you, then let the punishment fit the crime. Her life will absolutely SUCK without you."

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:48 am 

Alchemist wrote:
I have a low budget for those 3 occasions I mentioned.

I can appreciate your situation though, having to get presents for 17 people would be too much of a hassle.
Yeah, mind-f**ing for me ... (older people than me, some kids, future parents)

BTW, I thought it over, I'm gonna continue that way (if people wanted something in particular, they said it to us and we gathered money to buy one common present, otherwise I'll buy nothing, I'll just give them my love, form of brutal honesty :roll: ).

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:30 am 

I'll spoil my little bros and get my sister and mom something nice. But other than that..nah

And my boss lol, but I just hooked him with a TB harddrive so that was easy.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:07 am 
Site Admin

GoldenBoy wrote:
What does it matter what I or anyone else does?

Do what YOU are happy doing, what feels right to YOU.

In building a statue, a sculptor doesn't keep adding clay to his subject.He keeps chiseling away at the inessentials until the truth of its creation is revealed without obstructions. Perfection is not when there is no more to add,but no more to take away.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:13 am 

peregrinus wrote:
GoldenBoy wrote:
What does it matter what I or anyone else does?

Do what YOU are happy doing, what feels right to YOU.
I have come to peace with me offering nothing, we'll see.

My question was from the wrong place (five different people showing me :? when I tell them I buy nothing ...)

I gathered you were gonna say that (OF COURSE :oops: ), I just felt like asking your opinions. :geek: due to this moment of weakness ... :ugeek:

Moving on ^^

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2021 8:03 am 

Reviewing some of my threads.

Almost 10 years later, I'm now known to be the person who doesn't bring shit to birthdays.
But I offer presents sometimes / do something nice, when I feel like it / people don't expect it.

No offense whatsoever from anyone.