Natural Freedom

Forum for the natural awakening and self-realization of men
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:29 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 8:26 pm 

Another old post of mine on realm, I wanted to move it here.

we all know what 'affirmations' are but there is also 'Afformations' (which is asking questions)

I use both now and it's fun to mix between the two so I don't get bored....

Here is some information about afformations:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjUIarUAioY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pc3bg2JC ... re=related

and he wrote an ebook about afformations:
http://www.afformations.com/

I like this guy he is a funny dude. I read his entire afformations ebook and it just reinforced something that I already knew and found by accident in my Zen natural grounding...

I think using affirmations and afformations is better than just affirmations

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 8:41 pm 

Good that you bring this up.

For me, Affirmations feel more direct than afformations. With afformations I noticed that the chance is higher that you get distractet by other thoughts. You say the questions to you but think of something different. While affirmations seem to take more concentration and are more direct. But I think its really different from person to person.

An important point about affirmations is:
1. Take positive affirmations. Affirmations like "I don't need anything from anybody, ever." don't really work. Also because of
2. Make the affirmations CONCRETE. If you do an affirmation about women, then don't take such one "All women like me." but one like that "All women like me so they look and smile at me wherever I am."
3. Take affirmations that seem possible to you. Don't take an affirmation like "All pretty women grab my ass wherever I go." if you don't belive that this is possible. Start with things that seem possible to you, if do it that way, your belief in whats possible will grow.

Something I would like to ask all the people successfuly doing affirmations/afformations:

How much time do you invest in affirmations every day?

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 9:18 pm 

Vegano wrote:
Make the affirmations CONCRETE. If you do an affirmation about women, then don't take such one "All women like me." but one like that "All women like me so they look and smile at me wherever I am."
3. Take affirmations that seem possible to you. Don't take an affirmation like "All pretty women grab my ass wherever I go." if you don't belive that this is possible. Start with things that seem possible to you, if do it that way, your belief in whats possible will grow.
I agree Veg,

I also think that an affirmation such as: "All women like me" is wrong, cause there will always be women (or men) who would not like you- even if you are a Buddha ;)

Or: "All women like me so they look and smile at me wherever I am."
there will always be women who like you but won't smile at you when you show up, cause they have their own issues....

So I would use something like: 'women like me so they look and smile at me'
you can change it of course but make something more realistic....

Now about Afformations try something like this:
take an afformation like: 'How come women love me'?
and then before you start thinking, right away answer with an affirmation like: 'because I'm a great guy'.
Now after you do that your mind may try to resist and say:
'No you are not'!

then try another afformation based on the resistance like:
'how come I'm a great guy'? or 'why am I a great guy'?
then soemthing will pop up immediately like:
'because I have great attributes'
if after that your logical mind still resists (like it might say: but that's not enough) find another affirmation or afformation and keep playing with the two....

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 3:02 am 

The "all women like me" affirmation to me is about the assuming that they all do. It doesn't mean it's neccesarily true, but you will be right alot, but the point is your frame, not whether it's true or not. That's my spin on it at least.

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 4:03 am 
:oops:

If I've seen this some minutes ago.

Thanks for posting this Shay!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:09 pm 

The point of these affirmations is to in the end believe it.

Now, we're told that it must be 'believable for you' but the reason why the affirmation is needed in the first place is because whatever the person wants to believe isn't possible or believable, meaning 'all women want me' or anything as such will be initially be met with strong resistance.

"Simply put, you being in her life is a BLESSING. Her wronging you in any way is her own self-inflicted CURSE, and if she does wrong you, then let the punishment fit the crime. Her life will absolutely SUCK without you."

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:05 pm 

Afformations when used for the LOA are fantastic.
There's "I am rich" and "How come I am rich"
Affirming "I am rich" while visualising money coming to you can be difficult because you'll have opposing thoughts flying in immediatly saying "No You're not, you're just visualing money!" all the while trying to maintain a visualisation.

The afformation cuts passed all the other crap and registers in the unconcious noggin as true at the time, making the emotions stronger so you can really feel it. Afformations don't ahve to have any element of truth in them, sure there will be women out there who aren't attracted to you, but if you use the afformation right you will only come accross women who are attracted to you, or you'll end up finding opportunities to move or go to areas where that is true.

Non LOA User: Thats bullshit!
LOA user: If you believe it is that way blah blah blah
Aztec: If its not working for you you're doing it wrong.