Natural Freedom

Forum for the natural awakening and self-realization of men
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:33 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:38 pm 

peregrinus wrote: *
PimpDee wrote: *
Now I ask you anyway, why you think that she need to "bark" than to be "sweet like a puppy who wants to be cuddled"?
the influence of her environment, the way she deal with males in general or she was just learn this only way was successful or it is just her character?
It was her energy/state at that moment.
She came to me with that energy, it did not gell and she knew it, before she even spoke.

The thing is, then she showed me exactly where she was at.
Coming up to me 'sweet like a puppy' was just not her at that moment... She was NOT in a place where she could do that.

Think about what the bark told me, then think about what it told her. Then ponder some more
Ok, I just learnt that women are capable to be very (emotionally) influenced by the environment they are in for the good or for the bad...like in some other way, males too.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:45 pm 

PimpDee wrote: *
Ok, I just learnt that women are capable to be very (emotionally) influenced by the environment they are in for the good or for the bad...like in some other way, males too.
You are the reflection of the 5 people you spend your time around the most.

Also, I notice an extreme difference between women living in countryside and women living in towns/cities. Values, emotions, etc

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 8:37 am 

create wrote:
As for the second one, it's been a long time coming guys, girls are dressing sexier younger, the fact that their mothers who grew up in a post-feminism outbreak era (I see it like a zombie outbreak) are letting it happen to their daughters because they don't know any better, what can we really do about it?.
'I dont like men who treat us like sex objects' but hey, its fine for me to dress up my daughter like a stripper/whore/tramp - anyone see the mixed message here?

They dress up like objects then act offended when treated like them.

They also act offended when you do not view them in that way.
Quote:
Calling good men toxic does everyone a deep disservice. Everyone except those who seek empowerment through victim narratives.

--

Sex and gender roles have been formed over hundreds of thousands of years in human evolution, indeed, over hundreds of millions of years in our animal lineage. Aspects of those roles are in rapid flux, but ancient truths still exist. Historical appetites and desires persist. Straight men will look at beautiful women, especially if those women are a) young and hot and b) actively displaying. Display invites attention.

Hotness-amplifying femininity puts on a full display, advertising fertility and urgent sexuality. It invites male attention by, for instance, revealing flesh, or by painting on signals of sexual receptivity. This, I would argue, is inviting trouble. No, I did not just say that she was asking for it. I did, however, just say that she was displaying herself, and of course she was going to get looked at.

The amplification of hotness is not, in and of itself, toxic, although personally, I don’t respect it, and never have. Hotness fades, wisdom grows— wise young women will invest accordingly. Femininity becomes toxic when it cries foul, chastising men for responding to a provocative display.

Where we set our boundaries is a question about which reasonable people might disagree, but two bright-lines are widely agreed upon: Every woman has the right not to be touched if she does not wish to be; and coercive quid pro quo, in which sexual favors are demanded for the possibility of career advancement, is unacceptable. But when women doll themselves up in clothes that highlight sexually-selected anatomy, and put on make-up that hints at impending orgasm, it is toxic—yes, toxic—to demand that men do not look, do not approach, do not query.

Young women have vast sexual power. Everyone who is being honest with themselves knows this: Women in their sexual prime who are anywhere near the beauty-norms for their culture have a kind of power that nobody else has. They are also all but certain to lack the wisdom to manage it. Toxic femininity is an abuse of that power, in which hotness is maximized, and victim status is then claimed when straight men don’t treat them as peers.

--

I had a student on one of my study abroad trips who had a perennial problem with clothing. She was never wearing enough of it. She was smart, athletic, and beautiful, but also intent on advertising hotness at all moments. At a field station in a jungle in Latin America, she approached me to complain that the local men were looking at her. The rest of us were wearing field gear—a distinctly unrevealing and unsexy garb. She was in a swimsuit. “Put on more clothes,” I told her. She was aghast. She wanted me to change the men, to talk to them about where to point their eyes. Here in their home, where we were visitors, and one of the gringos had shown up nearly naked, she wanted the men to change.
On Toxic Femininity

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 3:55 pm 

zogler wrote: *
Everyone who is being honest with themselves knows this: Women in their sexual prime who are anywhere near the beauty-norms for their culture have a kind of power that nobody else has. They are also all but certain to lack the wisdom to manage it.
They're trying to navigate it; testing it out. They're so young - late teens, early twenties - who even knows themselves then? It's a bit sad, I understand their grievance in a way.

The translation of it all into politics is moronic though.

I'm wondering whether we're just seeing what young people owning the internet looks like - and whether as the demographics change we'll see a maturing and balancing of perspective.

:? Overly hopeful maybe.