All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 12:40 am 

person..... :lol:

she is even kind of cute-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ri-KO34t ... re=related

and when she is near the piano she doesn't look or act like a bitch:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUyBDazu ... re=related

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 1:23 am 

Ha! Great find. She was really young in that boiling points video. I mean of course Lady Gaga is just a persona. She might actually be a nice girl. I would give her the benefit of the doubt. What I do like about her as Lady Gaga, however, is her ridiculous costumes. If she is the one who comes up with those then she has an insane imagination and I love that.

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 3:50 pm 

Okay, I don't like Lady Gaga, but I like Stefani Germanotta :)

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 11:24 am 
Site Admin

Try watching this video of hers (amongst others, I could point to all of them really):

Lady Gaga - Bad Romance - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrO4YZeyl0I

Then tell me you do not see a lost little girl in that video. Please do.

A Girl playing dress up and makeup with her friends.

She looks so lost in most of the video to me, there are a lot of times she lets what is beneath show through, you just have to see it.

Watch her dancing, it is angular for a reason, at times she drops the act though, never quite goes all natural while dancing but comes close. She does not go totally angular and hard like some, gets close but not all the way, this is a sign.

Even listen to the lyrics, really listen to them.

So many things to point out.

Ironically I have seen most of her videos totally differently to most of my local friends who have seen them, they are like 'oh my god, shes hot' - I just seem to see this lost little girl in a woman's body playing like she would as a child, dressing up and having fun while trying to act like what she thinks an adult is.

I think this is some of where her 'trying to shock' comes from, if you look at it from that angle it makes sense.

Something for you all to ponder on.

In building a statue, a sculptor doesn't keep adding clay to his subject.He keeps chiseling away at the inessentials until the truth of its creation is revealed without obstructions. Perfection is not when there is no more to add,but no more to take away.

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 3:57 pm 

You're right, peregrinus. There are a few moments in that video where she's not totally acting, and part of her energy slips through.

Stefani Germanotta 2 - Lady Gaga 0 :D

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 12:37 am 

check out one of the SNSD girls sing lady GaGa song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=US&feat ... v4oT0tywhc

I'm still an SNSD groupie :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 12:43 am 

Oh and you are totally right peregrinus, thanks for pointing this out ;)

I see another side of her in which I have not seen before.....

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 8:12 am 

I must say that I like Lady Gagas music, not all tough (pokerface isn't that good)... some years ago as I was such "true" metalhead I wouldn't have liked it just for the sake of being a "true" metalhead :D

And I like that small pieces of real feminitiy. She kinda has that innocent face and when she isn't able to hold her fake mas up there are those glmpses of her natural behaviour. Probably she isn't long enough in the business for that and it the "Lady Gaga" self will only get stronger, like with Christina Aguilera where I don't see any natural side (altough I haven't seen a video of her for a while) or the most unnatural, teasing band in my opinion, the pussycat dolls.

I don't hope that for Stefani because SHE could make the difference ;) Imagine a woman with her fame smashing the unnatural mask 8-)

Ps. From now I'll try not to use words like "social" or "inner" and other labelling expressions anymore ;)

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 10:56 am 

look at this video and pay close attention to her face:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHuly6Eq ... re=related

she has some natural energy, you just have to focus on her face and eyes
and ignore everything else

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 11:01 am 
Site Admin

Shay wrote:

That leaves me cold Shay.
I get little or no emotional content, sure she is singing the song but its too fast and lacks emotional content (attachment)

Try this one: Lady Gaga - PokerFace (acoustic live) HD -http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_UUKJlPbXM
Vegano wrote:
And I like that small pieces of real feminitiy. She kinda has that innocent face and when she isn't able to hold her fake mas up there are those glmpses of her natural behaviour. Probably she isn't long enough in the business for that and it the "Lady Gaga" self will only get stronger, like with Christina Aguilera where I don't see any natural side (altough I haven't seen a video of her for a while) or the most unnatural, teasing band in my opinion, the pussycat dolls.

I don't hope that for Stefani because SHE could make the difference ;) Imagine a woman with her fame smashing the unnatural mask 8-)
Good points, I see it exactly the opposite... Bear with me

She started off hiding behind her 'mask' as she did not have the confidence that people would like her without all the glitz, glam, sparkly bits... As time goes on she seems to be showing more and more of herself (less masks on in videos etc).. She is showing herself more and more, I do hope this continues and she does not get sucked back in.

The Irony is, she does at least in my view have a good voice, when you hear her sing without dancing and prancing around. It just falls down when she is dancing. She needs to gain that confidence in people liking her for her voice and not the sparkly bits. (sound familiar? ;) )

[Addition for Shay] Try this : Beautiful- Christina Aguilera - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-USUDzycRvM

In building a statue, a sculptor doesn't keep adding clay to his subject.He keeps chiseling away at the inessentials until the truth of its creation is revealed without obstructions. Perfection is not when there is no more to add,but no more to take away.

Last edited by peregrinus on Sat May 15, 2010 11:08 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 11:02 am 

Vegano wrote:
Yeah, I also thought that, and that would rule :)
Vegano wrote:
Ps. From now I'll try not to use words like "social" or "inner" and other labelling expressions anymore ;)
When you need to use them, you can use them like this, by putting them between quotes, the point will get across. That's at least something I've done.

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 11:07 am 

peregrinus wrote:
Shay wrote:

That leaves me cold Shay.
I get little or no emotional content, sure she is singing the song but its too fast and lacks emotional content (attachment)

Try this one: Lady Gaga - PokerFace (acoustic live) HD -http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_UUKJlPbXM
I would add this other version too, from Palmy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIV57VxhFZM

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 11:26 am 

Thanks peregrinus, both videos are great.

Lady Gaga - PokerFace (acoustic live)
and
Beautiful- Christina Aguilera the live version

I'm seeing a new side to these girls that I have not seen before

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:57 am 
Site Admin

peregrinus wrote:
Good points, I see it exactly the opposite... Bear with me

She started off hiding behind her 'mask' as she did not have the confidence that people would like her without all the glitz, glam, sparkly bits... As time goes on she seems to be showing more and more of herself (less masks on in videos etc).. She is showing herself more and more, I do hope this continues and she does not get sucked back in.

The Irony is, she does at least in my view have a good voice, when you hear her sing without dancing and prancing around. It just falls down when she is dancing. She needs to gain that confidence in people liking her for her voice and not the sparkly bits. (sound familiar? ;) )
As a Follow up.. The latest video 'Lady Gaga - Alejandro' is out now (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=niqrrmev4mA)

Notice how her 'time behind the masks' is a LOT less now.

She spends most of the time in the video without her trademark masks, she is continuing to show more of herself now. Ignore her behaviour, look at her masks for at least one watch.. She is gaining confidence as is displayed by her hiding less and less.

I see MANY homages to Madonna in this video, it is hard to ignore them, she is very much paying homage to her in my view and her influence.
Oddly when I listened to it without watching the video, the first time, I almost mistook this for a Madonna song, her influence is big in this one, the beats, the rhythm, the lyrics let alone the visuals.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:41 am 

Honestly, I think you guys are spending too much time reading into the wrong things. Her masks are attention grabbing accessories...nothing more, nothing less. Everything she does is for shock value to get and keep people talking about her, not because her confidence is or was low. :|

The more she can get people to talk about her, the more people are gonna be curious to see what the fuss is about, then ultimately the more famous she becomes and the more money she makes. She was just really overboard in the beginning to ensure that she made as big a splash as she could, and in that aspect, she succeeded. That's it, really. :|

Pimposophy Revisited is now finally available on Amazon in all territories!

Last edited by The Kidd!! on Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:56 am 
Quote:
The more she can get people to talk about her, the more people are gonna be curious to see what the fuss is about, then ultimately the more famous she becomes and the more money she makes. She was just really overboard in the beginning to ensure that she made as big a splash as she could, and in that aspect, she succeeded. That's it, really.
Honestly, I think you guys are spending too much time reading into the wrong things. Her masks are attention grabbing accessories...nothing more, nothing less. Everything she does is for shock value to get and people talking about her, not because her confidence is or was low. :|

The more she can get people to talk about her, the more people are gonna be curious to see what the fuss is about, then ultimately the more famous she becomes and the more money she makes. She was just really overboard in the beginning to ensure that she made as big a splash as she could, and in that aspect, she succeeded. That's it, really. :|
Amen.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:19 am 

I still like her music and even bought her cd yesterday :lol: The last time I bought a pop-album was like 7-8 years ago... Papa-Paparazzi!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:16 am 
Site Admin

The Kidd!! wrote:
Honestly, I think you guys are spending too much time reading into the wrong things. Her masks are attention grabbing accessories...nothing more, nothing less. Everything she does is for shock value to get and keep people talking about her, not because her confidence is or was low. :|

Generally I agree with you on this.. your points are valid and are part of the reason. On the surface that is what has happened.

However (there is that word again)

Having seen her in interviews, there is something else going on also.

PS.Masks is not totally literal as in facial masks.