Natural Freedom

Forum for the natural awakening and self-realization of men
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:13 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 9:07 pm 

first watch the short video (and don't read what I wrote below).....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ahg6qcgoay4

this is just a small analogy on how we somtimes miss things if we focus only on something else....

So I'll use the analogy on women :)
if we always think- all western women are bad and only dream about Thailand (as an example)
we might miss a natural woman that just walked near us..

And the same can be applied on jobs:
if we always focus on the thought: there are no good jobs now that the economy is bad, we might miss a good job add in the newspaper which was in out kitchen......

just something to ponder on..... :ugeek:

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 10:52 pm 

That was pretty good Shay actually I knew what this was right when it asked that question, it was the same type of training we had to go through when I was hired to to be a server at a nice restaurant it did that very same thing I couldn't believe how I missed that the first time through but it brought my attention to see how much we miss when we are focus on something or always in our heads when we aren't aware of our surroundings glad you brought this up

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 4:58 pm 

Yeah, lol, I saw something like this in a documentary, but this time I was alert for that kind of things. As I know what could happen, this test no longer serves me, I guess.

Anyway to pass one of those tests for the first time, is a matter of focus... as you said Shay. But I would add it has more to do with the wideness of the focus of attention, than with the center of attention.

By opening the focus of attention, relaxing into the overall scene, paying attention to all yet nothing at the same time.. that way, those tests are simple to pass, and you're closer to alpha mind state: relaxed, aware, alert, conscious, accepting, etc. By opening our focus of attention, we can see all that is happening in the video. And we can open it just wide enough to focus on everything in the video and almost nothing out of them, such as our breath, posture on the chair, or the birds chirping outside. Or we can open it more, and include all the experiences we can, without effort (since with effort comes the closing of attention).

The opposite is closing the focus of attention on a single object, situation, thought... We miss a lot of things that way, and we need to use a lot of energy to work from that state (in comparison to the other one)... From that closed focus state, there comes stress, closed mindedness, being lost away from the present moment, etc.

In dream state, things change when you close your focus of attention, what you're focusing in changes form, shape, actor... but the whole dream changes too, because you weren't paying enough attention to it. To stay in a specific dream, it is required to keep open the focus of attention.

By the way, it's fucking great what can be experienced from there :D That's where I've gotten so many awesome, literally, experiences of joy and gratefulness of the present moment. Both in dream and awaken states.

Another interesting point, at least to me, is that from this video I navigated through the related videos on YouTube, and I made that test of the woman's silhouette dancing in circles, that can be seen turning around in both direction. Well, the first time I took that test was a few years ago, where I found it quite hard to see her dancing in the opposite direction (but I managed to do so)... the test told met that I was usually "left brained", because the direction I saw her spinning the most. But today, I was watching her spin in the other direction most of the time, even while doing math, lol, it has taken me quite a few time to manage to flip her spinning direction. That tells me I'm more "right brained" now :D

This is the test I just talked about: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFV6h6MXQkI

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 7:10 pm 

Morgul wrote:
This is the test I just talked about: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFV6h6MXQkI
this is cool,

thanks 8-)