Natural Freedom

Forum for the natural awakening and self-realization of men
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:22 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2022 12:51 am 

Russell Napier: The world will experience a capex boom
Quote:
My structural argument is that the power to control the creation of money has moved from central banks to governments. By issuing state guarantees on bank credit during the Covid crisis, governments have effectively taken over the levers to control the creation of money.
Interesting article on the shifts of powers between central banks and governments.

https://themarket.ch/interview/russell- ... om-ld.7606

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2022 12:03 am 
Site Admin

Looks at Mr Musk and his plans for twitter/X

In building a statue, a sculptor doesn't keep adding clay to his subject.He keeps chiseling away at the inessentials until the truth of its creation is revealed without obstructions. Perfection is not when there is no more to add,but no more to take away.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2022 6:30 pm 

peregrinus wrote: *
Looks at Mr Musk and his plans for twitter/X
What's your thoughts on him and what he's doing?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2022 12:14 am 
Site Admin

That he has invented a time machine, the world has caught up tech wise to his original plans for X and its predecessor, so he plans to revive it.
The world wasn't ready for it the first time around, things weren't in place, the tech wasn't accepted, it is now.

Some strong patience at times.

In building a statue, a sculptor doesn't keep adding clay to his subject.He keeps chiseling away at the inessentials until the truth of its creation is revealed without obstructions. Perfection is not when there is no more to add,but no more to take away.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2022 1:13 am 

I don't think I'm following the same thought you are.

I get what you mean that the world wasn't ready for certain things he was pushing for back then. Things have definitely changed over the years and 'normal' is way different today than it was in the early 2000's; Stolen Focus (thread).

How has he invented a time machine though?

Something someone said months ago when all this Twitter talk was in the air that really stuck with me was: the rich have always looked to buy media streams; back then it was newspapers.

peregrinus wrote: *
Some strong patience at times.
Yes a lot! Lots of resistance to go against the grain.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2022 2:59 pm 
Site Admin

from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X.com
Quote:
Throughout the 1990s, Elon Musk envisioned creating a full-service online bank that provided checking and savings accounts, brokerages, and insurance.[4] Musk commented in a 1999 interview with CBS MarketWatch: "I think we're at the third stage now where people are ready to use the Internet as their main financial repository."[3]
Quote:
On October 4, 2022 Elon Musk described his acquisition of Twitter as "an accelerant to creating X, the everything app"[26] This has been linked to x.com[27]
see also https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PayPal

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2022 7:20 pm 

wiki wrote:
On October 4, 2022 Elon Musk described his acquisition of Twitter as "an accelerant to creating X, the everything app"[26] This has been linked to x.com[27]
Thanks for the links. That makes this a lot more interesting!

wiki wrote:
X.com officially launched on December 7, 1999, with former Intuit CEO Bill Harris serving as the inaugural CEO.[9][3] Within two months, X.com attracted over 200,000 signups.
That's a good amount of interest for back in 1999. Oh the days of dial-up internet! :lol:

What's your thoughts on a 'everything app'?

I like the idea of having everything in one place, but that's also riskier.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2022 10:41 pm 
Site Admin

TheDude wrote: *
What's your thoughts on a 'everything app'?

I like the idea of having everything in one place, but that's also riskier.
SPOF, monopoly, security, control, controls

i wonder what it would do to sellers/providers/services

everything means everything

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2023 7:58 pm 

SPOF is the one that sticks out to me the most. Too much risk to have everything in one place. Plus jack of all trades = master of none. No thanks.