Natural Freedom

Forum for the natural awakening and self-realization of men
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:27 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2022 5:09 pm 

Coming from this thread Embrace Nothingness: Antidote to narcissism - Sam Vaknin

Since Grinus posted this thread about HG Tudor
I went on a digging spree on the subject. Wondering why it was not more talked about on here...

Anyways, before I create a big thread on the subject of Narcissism (or, FEEL FREE to post it) - as it's linked to LITERALLY EVERYTHING discussed on the forum (and, why I put it on Social Matrix / World around Us) - I just wanted to create a thread on what I consider the best book on this subject.

Malignant Self-Love: Narcissism Revisited
https://www.amazon.com/Malignant-Self-L ... 8023833847
Quote:
Sam Vaknin is Visiting Professor of Psychology, Southern Federal University, Rostov-on-Don, Russia and Professor of Finance and Psychology in SIAS-CIAPS (Centre for International Advanced and Professional Studies).

He is the author of Malignant Self-love: Narcissism Revisited and other books about Narcissistic Personality Disorder and relationships with abusive narcissists and psychopaths in various settings.

His Web site was an Open Directory Cool Site and is a Psych-UK recommended Site.

Sam is not a mental health professional though he is certified in psychological counseling techniques. He served as the editor of Mental Health Disorders categories in the Open Directory Project and on Mentalhelp.net.

Sam was also the editor of the Narcissistic Personality Disorder, Abusive Relationships, and Personality Disorders topics in Suite101, the moderator of the Narcissistic Abuse List and other abusive relationships mailing, support, and discussion groups (with c. 250000 members) and Owner of YouTube channels with 140,000 of subscribers and 32,000,000 views.

His books are based on correspondence since 1996 with 1900 people diagnosed with Narcissistic Personality Disorder (narcissists) and with thousands of their family members, friends, therapists, and colleagues.
If you buy the book, you're good, and if you want to download it, please download the 10th edition. (only azw3 format, you can convert with Calibre. Tried to uplad it but Z-Library seems to refuse it atm, and I don't like Scribd. Whatever).

I won't quote anything. I'm just inviting you to read it (and if needed, start with Fuel from HG Tudor, then you'll want to read this one too :lol:)
It's a DENSE, PACKED, THOROUGH book. One downfall is the organization that's a bit weird, but other than that, it's worth a lot to read it and digest it slowly (or multiple times ;)).

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2022 12:19 pm 
Site Admin

I would add to this, if you are going to read this, please get the latest version you can.
The earlier versions are mere shadows of the later ones, easily mistaken for a different book.

In building a statue, a sculptor doesn't keep adding clay to his subject.He keeps chiseling away at the inessentials until the truth of its creation is revealed without obstructions. Perfection is not when there is no more to add,but no more to take away.