Forum for the natural awakening and self-realization of men
It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:45 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:13 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Hypnotica Describes What It Means To Be A Man [HQ]
http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=425866102005

In building a statue, a sculptor doesn't keep adding clay to his subject.He keeps chiseling away at the inessentials until the truth of its creation is revealed without obstructions. Perfection is not when there is no more to add,but no more to take away.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:17 pm 

I couldn't agree more, especially at the end when he talks about layers.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 6:59 pm 

this is the best video from him, because the rest is "women like this an that, you have to be a little bit of this or that"

there is avideo he invites 3 girls to ask them what they want, that was horrible

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:33 pm 

i was rewatching this video, and i'm curious about what you peregrinus think about the first part of the explanation of nothingnees and emptyness, becasue i fell he's rigth, becasue somtimes i fell some kind of power that is withim myself but it las only like 5 seconds, to me that feeling it's tellingme my purpuse, then it disapear maybe because the thinking and trynig to figure out what it is, i don't whant to sound pretentious or being taked like a fool but i'm curious about you, i'd like to hear more about you, and what do you think

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:19 pm 
Site Admin

rant wrote:
i was rewatching this video, and i'm curious about what you peregrinus think about the first part of the explanation of nothingnees and emptyness, becasue i fell he's rigth, becasue somtimes i fell some kind of power that is withim myself but it las only like 5 seconds, to me that feeling it's tellingme my purpuse, then it disapear maybe because the thinking and trynig to figure out what it is, i don't whant to sound pretentious or being taked like a fool but i'm curious about you, i'd like to hear more about you, and what do you think

I feel quite a resonance with his description of masculineness being about nothingness.

If you have read my posts, you will have noticed that I talk a lot about 'space' - creating space and allowing space to exist.

I have done quite a lot of experimenting with the notion of space, both by myself, with a single companion and within groups of people. There have been some surprising and very pleasant results and observations that have come out of it.

Some of the most profound were on my own, creating space for myself. Not hounding myself with thoughts, observations and other things. Simply put, existing - being in a place and being present with it without needing to think about it, label it or describe it to myself.

Thoughts will come to you, as you describe above - the key in my view is not to try and 'grab' and 'hold onto them' - let them flow in and out of you. Like water flowing over you. When I try and hold them or think about them it destroys the effect, if I watch them like an observer without interacting with them it leads in some quite unusual directions and not usually ones that you could anticipate.

There is a thing in quantum mechanics, where you cannot measure something without affecting it - this is described by the tale of Shrodinger's Cat (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schr%C3%B6dinger%27s_cat)
I see this in a similar vein, as soon as you think about what is happening then you change the flow, the flow is lost. You have to let it happen, trust it will be ok, your thoughts will do it all on their own they do not need your help.

In the modern world we are taught to go a million miles a second, not to take time to just be, to constantly be busy and doing something. Break the mould, take some time and just be, exist with nature without wanting to shape or control it, merely be part of it, let it happen.

On another slant:
Femininity loves to fill space, it will take any gap you let exist and fill it. If you leave no gap then there is nothing for them to fill.

How can they fill a space if you are already filling it?

How can you enjoy the space if you constantly fill it?

This is also why I believe it is VERY important for men to spend time away from ALL women. Either with MEN or with themselves and nature.

If you want a practical thing to attempt.. try to find a way for that 5 seconds to extend itself, let it be and bask in it.

In building a statue, a sculptor doesn't keep adding clay to his subject.He keeps chiseling away at the inessentials until the truth of its creation is revealed without obstructions. Perfection is not when there is no more to add,but no more to take away.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:42 pm 

Quote:
This is also why I believe it is VERY important for men to spend time away from ALL women. Either with MEN or with themselves and nature.

...I'm really starting to think we were separated at birth. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:21 am 

Goddamn, that's some heavy shit peregrinus, props!

A wise man once said "I find that a duck's opinion of me is influenced by whether or not I have bread."

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:31 am 

thank you so much peregrinus

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:24 pm 

Some of this toughts remind me of David Deida. A lit of bit new agey, but very cool indeed.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:22 am 
Grinus' what else do you think femininity is?

Is it like how Hypnotica described it as colors and light?