Natural Freedom

Forum for the natural awakening and self-realization of men
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:25 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Forum rules

This section is Readers Recommendations... If you find a subject/threads you wish to recommend make a post With links AND a brief synopsis OR brief comments with each link.
(please do not just write: check out these threads...) See this post for an example of how to post in this section
ALSO, this is the place to write about your progress, the changes you notice since you joined this forum / the impact / influence it had on you (different from your experiences and stories). Things that can help other readers

Post subject: Re: Fuck it
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 5:19 pm 
fufe wrote:
Alchemist wrote:
it's just the arrogance that comes with that
I don't know, but this comes to me as something yours only - I don't experience this, lack of interest, yes, but arrogance, nope.. I think Altair didn't mention any arrogance too
Are you sure this is not your projection of something ?
He's mentioned it a bunch of times. Look up ego boost. Everyone has personal ways of describing their experiences.

Some of them are arrogant. Alchemist has probably front blasted a few of them only to find out that their head is so far up their ass that they can't hear the farts coming out of their mouth that they call coherent speech.

It depends on where your mind is at. Arrogant ones have came up and started talking to me unprovoked with that "gotta be a bitch" game. I just ignore them or give them a short response that shows how short I'll be with them if they continue acting like that. If they have any sort of commonsense they'll offer to buy me a drink. They typically have to have a team meeting first with no less than 15 million of their girlfriends though.

Bars and clubs on the weekend are hotbeds for seeing women with their masks off. The alcohol and attention is like catnip for them.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:22 pm 

Slim Titan wrote:
He's mentioned it a bunch of times. Look up ego boost. Everyone has personal ways of describing their experiences.

Some of them are arrogant. Alchemist has probably front blasted a few of them only to find out that their head is so far up their ass that they can't hear the farts coming out of their mouth that they call coherent speech.

It depends on where your mind is at. Arrogant ones have came up and started talking to me unprovoked with that "gotta be a bitch" game. I just ignore them or give them a short response that shows how short I'll be with them if they continue acting like that. If they have any sort of commonsense they'll offer to buy me a drink. They typically have to have a team meeting first with no less than 15 million of their girlfriends though.

Bars and clubs on the weekend are hotbeds for seeing women with their masks off. The alcohol and attention is like catnip for them.
It's weird than he keeps up getting only women like this.
Sometimes I go to bars, I watch people a little bit there since that environment is not my kingdom at all and yeah, I can understand that some of them are arrogant, not all of them seemed like that to me tho. This may be due to different envrionmental factors, but still.. I have a feeling there is something else at play. Even those seemingly arrogant women would be recceptive to a certain kind of man I think

I had only one so far turn arrogant to me, I ignored her from that point. I think I just couldn't and can't handle her as I am now. Maybe never will even, who knows.

I try to focus on women who I belive I can handle and who don't put up too much bullshit (preferably none), but yeah I don't get women from bars and clubs, can't even imagine that lol, I admire you for being able to do that
Maybe a change of envrionment may be of use ? Apart from the inner work

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:39 am 

fufe wrote:
I don't know, but this comes to me as something yours only - I don't experience this, lack of interest, yes, but arrogance, nope.. I think Altair didn't mention any arrogance too
Are you sure this is not your projection of something ?
'arrogance' can be interpreted in different ways....
it doesn't necessarily mean the woman in question will tell you to fuck off, turn her head the other way or something like that...

some women show lack of interest (even politely) and then send this 'vibe' of:
'I have so many options and you have to prove you are worth my time'

for example-
I dated this girl once who was polite but as soon as she heard that I make less money than she thought- she said the next day that she is not interested (politely) but had this 'vibe' of:
'I have so many options...you are not worth my time'

that girl was a 7 on the looks scale, not very bright and 32 years old.

so I told her: ok, good luck :lol: :lol:

@Alchemist
it's a feminist society now (with so many weak men) + all the electronic communications: so women know they have loads of options. And yea, sometimes arrogance comes with it.

Once in a while it also makes me angry, It just doesn't bother me as much anymore because I understand that this is how it is...
I can't change the way society is so I focus on myself and what I like to do.

I had some good success lately :) but then a few flops.... :|

But you know: I see so many unhappy married (and divorced) Men all the time.
So I know that there is no guarantee that once you find a girl you get along with and even if you get married- you will be forever happy. :lol:

maybe that's why it doesn't bother me that much anymore

Edit: I also did a lot of inner work on my emotions so it's not just something that can be worked out in the mind. :geek:

@Altair

I think Wonka would have said:

[ img ]

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:39 am 

Sniper wrote:

for example-
I dated this girl once who was polite but as soon as she heard that I make less money than she thought- she said the next day that she is not interested (politely) but had this 'vibe' of:
This could be truth but you may also be giving the vibe that you're on money too.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:48 am 

rant wrote:
This could be truth but you may also be giving the vibe that you're on money too.
ha?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 2:22 am 

I can be arrogant. I've been meditating more recently and observing. However, I'm not perfect and I'm not gonna waste mental resources where they're not needed.

I don't come off that way if the other person is being reasonable. Everyone gets what they deserve.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:17 am 

Sniper wrote:

for example-

that girl was a 7 on the looks scale, not very bright and 32 years old.

so I told her: ok, good luck :lol: :lol:
A bright 7 would have asked what your financial goals are,
and would check from time to time if you are doing something
to turn them into realities. :P (everyone has their matching >critical mass> though)

Arrogance could mean that she actually is living from scarcity mindset (?)
(Hmm was she feeling the marquee value / time pressure on her part there... )
:lol:

Only 5 % of people have financial goals.
For the 95 % their financial goals are mere financial wishes, nothing solid.

@ Altair The ticket is for the tour, you get to run the factory :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:46 pm 

Jared wrote:
Only 5 % of people have financial goals.
For the 95 % their financial goals are mere financial wishes, nothing solid.
true...

But then comes the question do you want to be a slave and work like a horse just to get validation from some woman?

I know people who are lawyers (for example) and make good money but they work from 09:00-19:00
and often they need to stay at work until 21:00....

so they have no free time to enjoy life.

Is it really worth it?
I don't think so.....

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 2:13 pm 

Sniper wrote:
I know people who are lawyers (for example) and make good money but they work from 09:00-19:00
and often they need to stay at work until 21:00....

so they have no free time to enjoy life.
I can't speak for them.

and

You earn income by providing value-not time, so
the key is to de-couple your value from your time.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:12 pm 

Jared wrote:
I can't speak for them.

and

You earn income by providing value-not time, so
the key is to de-couple your value from your time.
if you know of jobs that help you get money without working so many hours let me know

and I'm not talking about get rich quick scams like buying google adds or using some BS software that will supposenly get you money with a few clicks

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:55 pm 

I don't do bars and clubs, it worked once for me but other than that I don't see the appeal, other than having a good time on the dance floor.

@slim titan I didn't need to front blast any of these arrogant women, it's just one of those things you can tell when you've experienced enough of it.

@Sniper it's been a feminist society for awhile, it's been that way my whole life :lol: so women having more options is nothing new.

Maybe I do attract specific types of women (mostly crazies) which might colour my perspective which attracts those women like a vicious cycle.

@fufe Projection? I wouldn't rule it out, I don't believe connecting with someone should be an effort and I should not have to jump through hoops to do so, is that arrogant though? are my expectations too high?

Maybe my vision is not fine tuned and I'm missing some details, because their behaviour already tells me everything I need to know.

"Simply put, you being in her life is a BLESSING. Her wronging you in any way is her own self-inflicted CURSE, and if she does wrong you, then let the punishment fit the crime. Her life will absolutely SUCK without you."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:12 am 

Alchemist wrote:
@fufe Projection? I wouldn't rule it out, I don't believe connecting with someone should be an effort and I should not have to jump through hoops to do so, is that arrogant though? are my expectations too high?
I'm not fufe so I hope you don't mind that I'm answering it.

connecting with someone shouldn't be an effort you are right, but today with all the social norms and the social matrix no one is being themselves - not even women... Heck most women don't even know what they want because they are so brainwashed. That's why so Often they end up with guys they thought they want-
but it's not what they really 'need' and soon enough they find that out...
(When Kidd said it I started observing this on and on- and begun to see this all the time) :lol: :lol:
Quote:
and I should not have to jump through hoops to do so
No, that's why I developed indifference for the whole thing. Because I would rather focus on my life and myself instead of jumping through hoops to impress unworthy women. Kidd did the same when he was in the army....

On a more practical side I can tell you that in the release Technic (which is Larry's spin on the sedona method)
there is an exercise when you learn how to stop disapproving yourself and then how to give yourself approval (approval is love...)

when you practice this and constantly give yourself approval you see that real love comes with within so you don't need to look for it outside yourself. Sex is nice but what we are all looking for in the end is approval - but real approval\love can only comes from within.

I like how Larry teaches it (but it all came from Lester Levenson.....)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 4:30 pm 

Alchemist wrote:
Maybe I do attract specific types of women (mostly crazies) which might colour my perspective which attracts those women like a vicious cycle.

Maybe my vision is not fine tuned and I'm missing some details, because their behaviour already tells me everything I need to know.
Hmm this seems clear to me.. There is some thing that makes you attract and attracted to these women.. Be 100% truthul to yourself (You don't have to be 100% truthful with us here now) and look, if this is really a pattern or not..

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 6:56 am 

It's not like there's a whole lot of selection lol. This one girl I knew said all women are crazy you just have to pick the crazy you like.

Like this one girl I knew comes off as really nice. She posted a picture that had some white knight saying "I think that women are crazy to try to be equal to men. They have been and always will be far superior." Like fuck off, it's a good thing you already have a cat. You've already got your spinster starting kit.

Her friend reposted.I commented on her friends because I saw it first. With "What a silly idea". Of course no response from either. However, the difference is the second one feels she doesn't have as many options. Although she is reasonably attractive. She agreed to come over once I move into the new place next week. I'm hoping it get's easier now that I have the ball somewhat rolling.

My results over the last month leave much to be desired :lol: .

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:17 pm 

Altair wrote:
My results over the last month leave much to be desired :lol: .
good man,

I had some great success and then a few flops

guess I have to check within why I had flops :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:22 pm 

fufe wrote:
Hmm this seems clear to me.. There is some thing that makes you attract and attracted to these women.. Be 100% truthul to yourself (You don't have to be 100% truthful with us here now) and look, if this is really a pattern or not..
Poor judgment on my part, that's all. I'm very selective now.

"Simply put, you being in her life is a BLESSING. Her wronging you in any way is her own self-inflicted CURSE, and if she does wrong you, then let the punishment fit the crime. Her life will absolutely SUCK without you."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:37 pm 

Re: "The best option"

You can be very in your head and think that this is all a logical game of who is the 'best,' but so, so much of this comes down to, how does it physically and emotionally FEEL to be around you.

This is not a business meeting where everyone is analyzing intellectually who is going to make them the most money and has the most skills. There are plenty of opportunistic people where that is part of the game, but if you're talking about someone just wanting to be around you, go home with you, pursue you, it is an emotional experience of attraction, magnetism, and (often most importantly) feeling safe enough to do it. This is felt in the BODY, and it trumps everything, if that is there, elaborate stories will be created to justify why it's 'the best option' even when all the cold facts say otherwise. That's because this isn't about cold facts.

If you put most of your energy onto developing your mind and see everything as a form of winning/losing, you can get very unbalanced here.

This is why it's equally if not more important to spend time working with your emotions. Which is by feeling them fully. A detached strong mind is a super useful tool. It can also make you cold as fuck, which also can be useful in certain ways I guess, but it FEELS cold as fuck to be around someone like that.

From what I've seen of Kidd's posts, there's a quality to them where you picture kind of a sly smile, someone who is having fun with the game and so it feels fun to be around. It is not war.

You may be sharper, less attached, say better and more clever lines, all logical facts point to you being 'better' - you may be fun to engage with and you may 'win' all of the game of wits.

But this is not a sport. Your checklist can say you are superior, but if it feels cold as fuck to be around you, it doesn't matter much. "Great, you win, you're better" or "that was a fun game" -- "now i'm going to go be around someone it feels good to be around."

Feeling good to be around is simply a matter of feeling good in your own body and emotions. There's a vibe there that radiates out. It is not cold and detached, it's actually quite emotional.... you're not trying to get anything from anybody because *you are feeling peaceful content and satisfied yourself* and that vibe is coming across. Then you can still do whatever you want with your wits and sharp mind, but my experience is that how people FEEL around you trumps all. The super sharp, super together, but actually rather lonely dude, is a cliche, and the defense mechanism for that is saying 'well clearly i'm superior, so they must just like dorks and losers." Let the results speak for themselves, take a step back and see if part of the bigger picture is not addressed.

This is just something to consider. I haven't hung out with anyone to know how this applies, but it's interesting how you can get a sense of this from people.. as a separate thing to experiment with: Put down your checklist of goals and results for a second and just consider how does it feel to be around you. Walk around (even browse the forum which is JUST TEXT for gods sake) and notice the general vibe you get from people like they seem they would be cool to have a beer with, which has almost literally nothing to do with the part of your mind that judges them by their skills/clothes/brains etc.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:12 pm 

Flow83 wrote:
This is why it's equally if not more important to spend time working with your emotions.
I know Flow is into non duality If anyone else here is too
I would suggest watching this video of Rupert Spira (a great non duality teacher).
he talks about depression but the same thing can be applied to any emotion, it helped me a lot while I was working with emotions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9qBsdL21Rs

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:26 pm 

Sometimes it's just a little tweak. It's a pretty fine line between being an intriguing, approachable-ENOUGH person who can engage in wits to being intimidating, or too cold to feel comfortable just saying 'lets hang out' with no nonsense.

All that energy toward improving, sharpening, the idea of being the smartest guy in the room, the sharpest or most together.

Super valuable for many areas of life. Interpersonally, when it comes down to it, nobody really gives a shit. This was (and sometimes is) hard for me to let go of but it is actually a big relief. Humans are creatures that want certain things and they are very primal, core. The brighter that light gets in you the more it is like moths to a flame.

As for working with emotions, that really has nothing at all to do with non-duality, and it doesn't need to have any spiritual connotation whatsoever. If you're frustrated about your results for example just sit there for a minute and let the frustration come up and feel it as fully as possible, and all the body sensations as fully as possible, without going into the mental chatter about well maybe its this, it's probably this, etc. which is all just to numb it.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 9:09 pm 

I've been spending more time on that recently. Until about a month ago I was in full out goals mode.
I accomplished a lot. I'm quite happy with what I managed to achieve. I got so focused on that though that I neglected keeping my emotions and such in check. I've cleared out a lot of the garbage in the last month. There is still more work to be done. It's much better though.

It's not gonna be super difficult I don't think. I already have the technical skills for pretty much everything. I noticed the first time I went out I needed to get that amused part of my game back.

Your right it is super useful for so many aspects of life. I guess I find it difficult to believe it doesn't work interpersonally as well.