Natural Freedom

Forum for the natural awakening and self-realization of men
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:39 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Forum rules

This section is Readers Recommendations... If you find a subject/threads you wish to recommend make a post With links AND a brief synopsis OR brief comments with each link.
(please do not just write: check out these threads...) See this post for an example of how to post in this section
ALSO, this is the place to write about your progress, the changes you notice since you joined this forum / the impact / influence it had on you (different from your experiences and stories). Things that can help other readers

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 8:59 pm 
Site Admin

fyi
Quote:

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 6:58 am 

BTW

as I mentioned (and Flow probably knows this)

I also like the exercise in the release Technic (which is Larry's spin on the sedona method) when you learn how to stop disapproving yourself and then how to give yourself approval (approval is love...)

when you practice this and constantly give yourself approval you see that real love comes from within so you don't need to look for it outside yourself.

It's not meant to be used to bypass difficult emotions or not deal with them it's just a bonus (something that helps...as well)

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 12:10 pm 

I understand how emotions can be useful on a primal level like when you're in danger, otherwise I see them as a weakness, that's how I grew up, that's how I see it.

Channelling those emotions creatively or through exercise doesn't provide any release for me, it's all still there, it doesn't go away.

I dig deep and come to the same conclusion every time but no release. I just hit this block and can't seem to get past it.

"Simply put, you being in her life is a BLESSING. Her wronging you in any way is her own self-inflicted CURSE, and if she does wrong you, then let the punishment fit the crime. Her life will absolutely SUCK without you."

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 1:35 pm 

You fear your own "weak" emotions, leading to you never really allow them to come forward and have their say. The same thing happened with me, and I put so much effort into trying to cover them up and/or make them go away. The times I tried to do it subtly (i.e. lying to myself) were the worst, because it took a lot of effort, only to realize that I made minimal progress in accepting myself.

What worked for me was realizing that the anger/sadness/fear/hate/etc. were all parts of me and ways I felt about the world at some point in my life. And accepting that they were never going away and always going to be destructive to a certain extent, as long as I kept trying to outmaneuver them.

They're never the monsters that we see them as, but that's like telling a kid there's no monster in the closet. Logical, yes, but you have to open the closet and see what's in the dark.

EDIT: I see channeling emotions as the same animal as surpressing is. Trying to "let it out" to be free of it, instead of realizing that you can be free WITH it. "You make your own shackles" sort of thing.

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 10:05 pm 

I don't know Alchemist, I think you are lying to yourself about something

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 10:52 pm 

Attempting to get rid of emotions does not work. Period.

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 4:58 am 

Flow83 wrote:
Emotional reactions and responses are learnt and programmed over time.
Sometimes, one single event can form a habit.

(Emotional habits)
http://www.naturalfreedom.info/viewtopi ... 379#p17379

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 5:45 am 

Jared wrote:
Flow83 wrote:
Emotional reactions and responses are learnt and programmed over time.
Sometimes, one single event can form a habit.

(Emotional habits)
http://www.naturalfreedom.info/viewtopi ... 379#p17379
AMEN -
The emotional equivalent of touching the hot stove. There are so many.
Just like with the stove it did this in your best interest, but the programming is just no longer relevant.

If you follow them they will take you to the source of what is going on.
In fact they are always trying to help you in this way.

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 1:25 pm 

Alchemist wrote:
Channelling those emotions creatively or through exercise doesn't provide any release for me, it's all still there, it doesn't go away.
you are trying to push them away by channeling it, it doesn't work....

See them as just energy.... every feeling wants to leave but you need to allow them before you can release them.

But if just allowing doesn't work for you then maybe you need a different system.

I started out with David R. Hawkins's book: "Letting Go: The Pathway of Surrender" (it's still one of my favorite books)

then I went into the sedona method, JAI course, the release Technic

you don't need to go through all the courses just find out what resonates with you the most (some people find EFT very good too...I just didn't like it that much)

I had a very hard time dealing with my emotions so for me it took more than one resource.
Kidd just did one thing (allowing) and it worked for him.

everyone is different

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 2:10 am 

Sniper wrote:

everyone is different
Awareness is the only thing we are seeking.

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 7:08 pm 

@Flow I follow and I allow, I know why the emotions are there etc., what I've found is clear and straightforward but that awareness alone does not deliver.

I'll check that link shortly.

@Sniper I don't do programs and I don't believe in god or mysticism, I'm a pragmatist and a realist :p

"Simply put, you being in her life is a BLESSING. Her wronging you in any way is her own self-inflicted CURSE, and if she does wrong you, then let the punishment fit the crime. Her life will absolutely SUCK without you."

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 9:16 pm 

Alchemist wrote:

@Sniper I don't do programs and I don't believe in god or mysticism, I'm a pragmatist and a realist :p
I re-evaluate who I am on a regular basis.
Our belief system is based upon our evaluation of something.

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 10:24 pm 

Alchemist wrote:
Ok your loss then... ;)

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 4:24 am 

If you uncover the exactly how, why, and the exact moment you caught a virus -- does that have *anything* to do with curing it?

Even an accurate diagnosis is meaningless without treatment.

As a realist, it should not surprise you that the specific type of awareness you are referring to is accomplishing jack shit.

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 12:42 pm 

Looking into treatment now.

I'm not surprised, just frustrated. That's not even the right word, I don't have a word for how I'm feeling right now.

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 12:59 pm 

Nice man - everyone has to find their own way, regardless of what tools they use. Curiosity and desire will unfold the path. This stuff actually is fascinating, so if you can become more interested in what is actually happening moreso than just results, it will move faster. Whatever it is, the guys who really love the game are the ones who get deep inside and master it.

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 5:13 pm 

Flow83 wrote:
This stuff actually is fascinating, so if you can become more interested in what is actually happening moreso than just results, it will move faster. Whatever it is, the guys who really love the game are the ones who get deep inside and master it.
I often feel the same lately. I'm really fascinated a lot by this "machine" that's called human subconscious

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 5:23 pm 

fufe wrote:
Flow83 wrote:
This stuff actually is fascinating, so if you can become more interested in what is actually happening moreso than just results, it will move faster. Whatever it is, the guys who really love the game are the ones who get deep inside and master it.
I often feel the same lately. I'm really fascinated a lot by this "machine" that's called human subconscious
Is it a machine, or is it a function? ;)
Nothing rests. Energy always moves.

A body inside a coffin moves. If you'd take a powerful enough
microscope and look at the corpse through it, you'd see movement.
If it didn't move, how would it ever turn to dust?

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 10:22 pm 

Jared wrote:
Is it a machine, or is it a function? ;)
You are a very wise man, sir.

As for the other thing, think for example if you really love guitar. You're just really fascinated by the thing, how it looks, feels, all the sounds it can make - how do I make it do what I am hearing in my head? You know you'll have to commit to things to get really good, but you still like playing it, it's something you are drawn to.

It's not this cold abusive thing like just this object that serves a purpose - "just sound like jimi hendrix you piece of shit - so I can get some money and chicks!!"

The reality is more nuanced and there is always some of both sides of those coins.. sometimes you get frustrated etc. -- but just think about how you work on something you are genuinely interested in, and see the potential for what it can do as you get more and more comfortable with it. Notice the way you approach that particular thing.

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 12:51 pm 

Flow83 wrote:
Notice the way you approach that particular thing.
:idea: