Natural Freedom

Forum for the natural awakening and self-realization of men
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:20 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:03 pm 

The Kidd!! wrote:
I can tell myself I'm awesome all day long...it ultimately means nothing. However, if you actually start taking steps to BECOME awesome, to where it is eventually undeniable and other people feel compelled to let you know how awesome they think you are, THEN you are doing it right.
This is true, I always get compliments on skills I've been developing for years, it's spreading to other areas as well now. :)

"Simply put, you being in her life is a BLESSING. Her wronging you in any way is her own self-inflicted CURSE, and if she does wrong you, then let the punishment fit the crime. Her life will absolutely SUCK without you."

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:53 pm 

Alchemist wrote:
The Kidd!! wrote:
I can tell myself I'm awesome all day long...it ultimately means nothing. However, if you actually start taking steps to BECOME awesome, to where it is eventually undeniable and other people feel compelled to let you know how awesome they think you are, THEN you are doing it right.
This is true, I always get compliments on skills I've been developing for years, it's spreading to other areas as well now. :)

affirmations are not instead of taking action to becoming a better man, they are just a supplement......

again; I'm not a big fan of them but it does seem to work for some people so I'm not against it.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:58 pm 

Sniper wrote:
Alchemist wrote:
The Kidd!! wrote:

affirmations are not instead of taking action to becoming a better man, they are just a supplement......

again; I'm not a big fan of them but it does seem to work for some people so I'm not against it.
Well, painkillers can relieve pain really well...enough to where sometimes the person taking them think they are cured. But, do they actually treat the underlying problem?

NO. :|

Pimposophy Revisited is now finally available on Amazon in all territories!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:01 pm 

The Kidd!! wrote:
Well, painkillers can relieve pain really well...enough to where sometimes the person taking them think they are cured. But, do they actually treat the underlying problem?

but you see some people do have success with affirmations. I didn't, but if others did then it must work for them.....

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:11 pm 

Sniper wrote:
The Kidd!! wrote:

but you see some people do have success with affirmations. I didn't, but if others did then it must work for them.....
Re read my analogy. :|

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:02 am 

Okey, have to drop a few words about it too.

First thing to say is that most people who were successfull with affirmations did releasing too. Releasing the beliefs that hold you back and installing new ones through affirmations and visualizations seems to be very powerful. Look at guys like Brent, Jake, Hugo, Felix, Angelo etc.(those are guys from the "indifference community").

The first and most important relationship one has is the one to yourself. One can look for every confirmation out there but as long as he thinks he's a loser, it won't change anything. We have to stop to be a slave of our beliefs and of the outer world.

Affirmations change the way we see ourselves. Its not the only thing to do tough (some don't need affirmations at all). A very important aspect is the conversation we have with ourselves. We should learn to observe our thoughts, be aware about their content and change them. That means changing the negative thoughts into positive ones. Eventually we will adopt it and the thoughts are positive. But we have to carefully observe them first.

Its about BEING it, not BECOMING it. Take Jake from Stopgivingafuck.com for example. He didn't know anything about affirmations or stuff like that. One day he just was so sick of wanting women and be desperate about not having any, he just said "fuck it" to this wanting. He said "ok, altough I don't believe I will ever have women in my life, I just will concentrate on being happy with the stuff I enjoy and pretending that I have women". He just started to live as women were attracted to him like hell just to be happy, if he can't have them in reality he can at least have them in his thoughts. And after a few weeks, the stuff he pretended to have, started happening. He got approached everywhere he was, women wanted to have sex with him etc.
He had it already before it actually started to happen.

"Being it" is how we see ourselves, not how others see us.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:12 am 

That's what I meant Vegano when I said affirmations are a supplement ;)

@Kidd: you have to be open to other stuff and not dismiss it, even if you think it doesn't work.
it did work for other people (once they used them as a supplement to other things).

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:30 pm 

But Vegano and Sniper, that is kind of my point.

I myself preach that you need to become your own best friend and to become almost self absorbed. The affirmations aren't doing anything but taking credit away from where the credit is truly due: The Vibe of Contentment.

So once again, this Jake guy thinks it's the painkillers (affirmations) that healed him...but in reality it was because he took time out to take care of HIMSELF (become his own best friend). When he got into himself and his hobbies, his vibe of neediness subsided and gave way to the Vibe of Contentment, which attracts women to you like flies to shit!

HE IS GIVING CREDIT TO THE WRONG REASON. :|

So take notes people...it's not the affirmation that is working for you...it's the fact that you are getting into yourself and replacing your needy vibe with a content/indifferent vibe.

I know that what I'm saying may take a while to sink in...hell, you staunch supporters of this stuff may NEVER take what I'm saying to heart...but if you listen to your gut instead of popular opinion...deep down inside you will know that I am right. Which then boils it down to one last question:

Can you handle the truth? Or not? 8-)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:37 pm 

The Kidd!! wrote:
which attracts women to you like flies to shit!
:lol:
I like this analogy :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:55 pm 

Sniper wrote:
The Kidd!! wrote:
which attracts women to you like flies to shit!
:lol:
I like this analogy :lol:
Is that all you took away from that? :|

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:28 pm 

Good post Kidd, that really cleared a lot of misunderstanding of mine of your view.

My defense of affirmations is that it is a tool to help oneself getting in the correct relationship with himself. Just a tool, not necessary at all but I stay with it that it is beneficial.

Jake doesn't give the credits to affirmations, he considers them a useful tool. But he got in the proper relationship with himself without doing them (he used them later to attract certain things). What brought him to success was his changed focus to just being happy and content, as you would say, with himself. Making himself the center of life and not women or money. He pretended to have women not because he thought he might get women with it, no, he pretended to have women to feel good.

A quote from his ebook: "Instead be it and pretend you already have it just for the sake of feeling good and to
remove suffering. It’s your mind. Use it in a way that makes you feel good."

and one of yours:

"it's the fact that you are getting into yourself and replacing your needy vibe with a content/indifferent vibe."

As soon as you are happy/content with yourself, you won't need external stuff anymore to make you happy/content. Jakes main point and your main point, Kidd, when I'm taking you right. You're cooking with the same recipe altough the spices may differ a bit ;)

Well, nothing to add anymore from my side. I'm glad to understand your point much better now.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:49 pm 

thanks vegano for the explanation because i think it's not different from what the kidd says, but it's hard to put it in words, it helps me get more awareness of my own thougths and believes, which is a good thing because it gets you more aware of what's going on the outher environment without getting emotionaly affected

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:24 pm 

I see your point Kidd and like Vegano said you mean the same thing like Brent or Jake ;)
now when you explain it like this it makes more sense

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:51 pm 

Excellently put, Vegano..

And thanks for sharing the blog, I read it, love it, so true.