Natural Freedom

Forum for the natural awakening and self-realization of men
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:34 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Just had an epiphany
PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:00 pm 

I've been a self-help junkie and I've always been looking for the "answer". You know the thing that would help me the most. I don't know if you guys can relate to this, but I've tried almost everything and what I've come to realize is that everything you need you already have. Whenever I tried to get something in life it just seemed like an uphill struggle. When I just let go of the situation and just accepted that it would be sorted out it miraculously does. I was going to a therapist for anxiety and his main thing he said to me was, "You seem too laid back, like you have this belief that everything will fall into your lap, and its going to cause you trouble down the road." Well it never did, everything ALWAYS sorted itself out even if it started out really bad. It's taken me until now to start following this belief again after he completely shattered it and caused me even more anxiety about the future.

Whenever I tried to follow some gurus technique I was always skeptical, and I realized its not the technique but the beliefs behind it. If you believe in something and don't let other people drag you down to their level, it will happen. When you already know you have something or everything is going to be sorted out, the only thing left to do is actually enjoy your life. I still feel compelled to reach out and find "the cure" but its NOT the answer. There is no fixing myself anymore because I already have the answers, I've just been too stupid to look within myself and trust myself. Life really is simple, just as humans we complicate it with all this unnecessary thinking.

Post subject: Re: Just had an epiphany
PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 5:47 pm 
Site Admin

freespirit422 wrote:
If you believe in something and don't let other people drag you down to their level, it will happen.

In building a statue, a sculptor doesn't keep adding clay to his subject.He keeps chiseling away at the inessentials until the truth of its creation is revealed without obstructions. Perfection is not when there is no more to add,but no more to take away.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:14 pm 

Well, I agree only partially. I wanted to get better with women and knew that if I keep failing that must mean I don't have all the answers.

I started to learn from different teachers - I dropped what I didn't relate to and kept what I thought was right.

I must admit I really beleived in the whole natural grounding thing and yet:
it never brought me the results I was hoping for. So I moved on learned from other people, and then really started to see great results. :)

So no need to chase anything but if you don't learn and improve how can you get what you want?
You just need to find people who already did it\ go it, learn from them and then take what you think is good for you and leave the rest.

That's why I follow teachers but never make anyone into a 'Guru'. Learning from people who are better than me at something or that know stuff I don't know is great as long as I'm always my own Guru :ugeek:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:00 pm 

That's it, Free Spirit, you got it already. Welcome to the forum... but take into account you don't really need this, you might be here for a higher purpose than just your (little-)self-help. Life is really easy for those that truly open their arms to receive :) And that's exactly what the Universe/God/Divinity or however you want to call it, tries to do with us every single instant of our entire existence: give us what is best for us... something that sometimes has nothing or little to do with what our limited ego can handle.

Love,
Morgul

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:51 pm 

I had an epiphany just 15 minutes ago but it had nothing to do with myself...

:lol:

My head actually felt like taking a heavy blow, it was that mindblowing!
Holy-crap-friggin-vishnu!

...oh, nuthin´ to do with me... or women...