Natural Freedom

Forum for the natural awakening and self-realization of men
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:28 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Seeking workplace advice
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:04 pm 

I have been working inside of the Delta operations control center as a crew accommodator for a couple of weeks.Right now i am going

thru the training phase before i transition into working evening shifts.I am not a morning person but have been able to adapt to the 8:30-

4:30 training the first couple of weeks. I got the job through my father who is an engineer at Delta and basically was offered the job

with hardly any questions.I am finding that although i have been able to adjust i am not sleeping as well as when i didn't have a day job

and have some difficulty time staying asleep.I usually will wake up in the middle of the night and jump rope to try and get some

dopamine before going back to sleep. Also i am finding that staring in front of a screen for 8-10 hours is affecting my brain and need to do

some cardio everyday to feel less wired.I find that meditation is 10x more difficult and i didn't have this problem before the job where the

thoughts can gestate more quickly and the background noise wasn't as loud.I find that i need a couple of hours of stillness to wind down

which doesn't leave me much time to do other things.Maybe this is an introvert quality working in customer service and making calls or if it

is caused by 8 hours of screen time i don't know.Anyone have any advice?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 2:11 am 

If you could pick anything to do for 40-60 hours a week that you get paid for what would it be?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:00 pm 
Dude, you make it harder for black people like me to get a job.

Seriously.

You're in your mid 20's and don't what you're going to do. You're telling about first shift. Wtf. You are soooooo unreliable.

You've been hired up multiple times with no college degree.

Wtf are you doing. Figure out out your shit.

FYI, you don't need to be asking about this. Go to sleep early and wake up and do your job. I put in over 1k applications to get nothing. You are consistently getting handing something and figuring out ways to fuck it up. Grow up dude.

This isn't me being egotistical. This is me like looking at advantages you've been handed multiple times only to overthink and piss on.

I haven't had a job in 8 months because of racism. However, you by pass all racial barriers, get hired up for crying out loud, and then start overthinking the shit. Wtf.

Dude, figure your shit out.

Don't care if I get flak. He's fucked up the clout path so many times You were something before a personal trainer; you were something as a personal trainer with no work out skills; you were a kitchen prep or waiter for an upscale restaurant; now you're a customer service agent for air traffic control? Do you even really know or understand what you do?

Guys like you are why I will never apply for another job again.

How are you fucking up Nepotism in your mid 20's or early 30's?

I literally haven't done that mess since like 17.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 2:05 am 

"There's no such thing as work-life balance.
There are work-life choices, and you make them,
and they have consequences.
" - Jack Welch

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 1:18 pm 
caliboy85 what Jared wrote and
answer the question from luciddream.
Maybe this helps:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wNYHoI47fw0
Dont listen to nobody. Only you determine what is good for you. Your dreams helps and guide you.

Slim titan, there is no need to scapegoat and blame people. Live and let live.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:39 pm 

I agree with Slim Titan (tough love is something we can all need from time to time).

Regarding meditation. It's easy to focus your mind when you're away from the world, locked up in a room or outside in the woods. When you get into society, however, is when you can find out where you truly are. F. ex, it's easy not to get stressed, not get angry or whatever in general, but when in society you will then have to raise your level. Keep going. See it as training, the gravity that makes push ups so hard, keep getting stronger. Remember that it is a blessing.

When we are active in society is when we can truly become like that Lotus Flower in the muddy water. Bad feelings will not affect us, they will be around us, but we will still blossom.

3Hearingstoriesabouttheirgrandparents,madethesonsintogreatsons.Allgreatheroesadoredheroeswhotheyregardedas 13xGreater thanthemselves-theGreatBeingsoftheFuturesPast-totheirlastbreath. :geek:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:22 pm 

The intensity of where you are at emotionally, physically etc during work all day is too wound up, and the idea of any 'meditating' is way too far on the other extreme to feel accessible after work. This is why so much of the world operates in working all day followed by hours of TV watching and/or getting totally smashed, generally 'zoning out' because it's all that feels available.

In small ways, you need to bring some awareness to where you are at while at work all day. How you're breathing, how overly active your mind is and something to calm it, what your posture is doing, even for literally just a few seconds here and there to start.

Meditation has falsely turned into some concept of de-stressing from the craziness of life for a few moments to take the edge off, rather than a way of learning to become efficient, relaxed etc. even in the midst of lots of activity. As GK2 said above it's easy to be relaxed and contemplative when you're not doing anything, the training is bringing that into whatever you do. It is a lifelong thing that just gets deeper and more satisfying, because it also improves your efficiency and skills, which leads to more opportunities, which leads to more intensity that you become more capable of being relaxed in, etc.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:16 pm 

Slim's tone was rough because of his own difficulties, but what he said was true and something you need to look into if you want to make progress in life. Seriously, re-read his post a few times.

You seem to have a habit of overthinking things and generally getting into these patterns where you find a path, see something you don't like (or something in you that is preventing you from walking that path), ask for help, usually ignore the advice (or at the very least question it), and then start a new path where you repeat the cycle. You've PMed me quite a few times, and I never got the sense lending advice ever helped much, it always just seemed to spawn either doubt or more questions.

Making progress in life is hard. Waking up earlier than you'd like to every day is hard. Meditating or unwinding after a busy work day is hard. But the alternative to walking this path and learning to do the hard things constantly until they become less difficult and more automatic until you grow into the person you'd like to become is living this mind fantasy where everything is a puzzle that needs to be figured out before you make the next move.

You've got to honestly look at yourself and see why this is. Is it fear of failing as you progress? Is it a sense of low self-esteem that leads you to believe you're not capable of picking up women/reaching your physique goals/reaching success in your job? Does some part of you feel comfortable not really doing anything but feeling like you're solving great life mysteries while standing back? Look into that, look into it honestly and see what the truth is.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:02 pm 

Slim Titan wrote:
Dude, you make it harder for black people like me to get a job.

Seriously.

You're in your mid 20's and don't what you're going to do. You're telling about first shift. Wtf. You are soooooo unreliable.

You've been hired up multiple times with no college degree.

Wtf are you doing. Figure out out your shit.

FYI, you don't need to be asking about this. Go to sleep early and wake up and do your job. I put in over 1k applications to get nothing. You are consistently getting handing something and figuring out ways to fuck it up. Grow up dude.

This isn't me being egotistical. This is me like looking at advantages you've been handed multiple times only to overthink and piss on.

I haven't had a job in 8 months because of racism. However, you by pass all racial barriers, get hired up for crying out loud, and then start overthinking the shit. Wtf.

Dude, figure your shit out.

Don't care if I get flak. He's fucked up the clout path so many times You were something before a personal trainer; you were something as a personal trainer with no work out skills; you were a kitchen prep or waiter for an upscale restaurant; now you're a customer service agent for air traffic control? Do you even really know or understand what you do?

Guys like you are why I will never apply for another job again.

How are you fucking up Nepotism in your mid 20's or early 30's?

I literally haven't done that mess since like 17.
Its the generation of the millenials I understand well, this generation lacks grit, work ethic, self awareness, compassion, and expect everything to be handed to them.
Aragorn wrote:
You seem to have a habit of overthinking things and generally getting into these patterns where you find a path, see something you don't like (or something in you that is preventing you from walking that path), ask for help, usually ignore the advice (or at the very least question it), and then start a new path where you repeat the cycle. You've PMed me quite a few times, and I never got the sense lending advice ever helped much, it always just seemed to spawn either doubt or more questions.
It sounds like he doesn't believe in himself to rise to the occasion he is his own obstacle.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:56 am 

It's interesting where this went, now shifting to arm chair psychology. I would encourage re-reading the original post, perhaps as though you stumbled across it anonymously.

- Have a new job
- Not sleeping as well
- Find meditation difficult
- Any Advice?

Dicking around on the job? Complaining that life isn't fair? Saying I want to quit because it's not easy? "Entitlement" - I am interested in being shown anything that points to these things from this post, even a single sentence that implies anything like it.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:26 am 
I think you need to re-read it Flow.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:08 pm 

I just did. Not seeing it. Quote something and break it down to me, without bringing anything else in.
edit- by that I meaning, as though you are seeing the words with no idea the author. This may sound like a senseless thing but there is actually a lot of value in it.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:52 pm 
Site Admin

Flow83 wrote:
Read as though you are seeing the words with no idea the author. This may sound like a senseless thing but there is actually a lot of value in it.
Immense value

Immense

Situational information can be good, or it can get in the way, distract, confuse.
It can be very worthwhile to take a snapshot without the surrounding information.

In building a statue, a sculptor doesn't keep adding clay to his subject.He keeps chiseling away at the inessentials until the truth of its creation is revealed without obstructions. Perfection is not when there is no more to add,but no more to take away.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:24 pm 

Thanks for making me look more intelligent and not quoting it exactly, hah.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:36 pm 

Resonance wrote:
Its the generation of the millenials I understand well, this generation lacks grit, work ethic, self awareness, compassion, and expect everything to be handed to them.
The Matrix isn't new.

"...There is only one thing you can do. Master that one thing!...What you must be doing is visualizing yourself at your most powerful. You don't need any external enemies. The only opponent you must fight, is none other than your own image."

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:53 pm 

Flux wrote:
Resonance wrote:
The Matrix isn't new.
I understand but can you expand your own opinions and thoughts on this

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:49 pm 
I would still start tuning out at the words training phase, family member got me the job, and completely check out at "I wake up in the middle of the night".

Then I would say roughly the same things when he says, "This doesn't leave much time" for [insert his random generic activities that he won't explain].

The entire post reads full of non-sequitors. In fact, the only stuff that makes sense is how he just started a new job that was handed to him and wakes up in the middle of the night without having a full workload and does unnecessary stuff.

There, I didn't bring anything else in about him.

I used only things that are evident from the post.

Edit: broken sleep won't leave much for any activity, same as a 9 - 5 job, same as spending your time on unnecessary activities.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:55 pm 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1g2ntIN7JuY

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:20 pm 

Resonance wrote:
I understand but can you expand your own opinions and thoughts on this
No big deal, I get a tinge of annoyance every time I see people shitting on millennials.

The better days never existed. The elite has ruled this world since the beginning of time. Work ethic for who? Compassion for who?

"...There is only one thing you can do. Master that one thing!...What you must be doing is visualizing yourself at your most powerful. You don't need any external enemies. The only opponent you must fight, is none other than your own image."

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:51 am 

Flux wrote:
Resonance wrote:
The Matrix isn't new.
Stuff like that bothers me as well. Life is tough, we're on a rock hurtling through space lol. The jobs and opportunity for success are there, they just require people to actually think about their path in life and put in meaningful work on their goals.

I think most people dramatically underestimate just how hard you really have to work to be successful. Study something you can actually get a job in, figure out how to be good at it and work towards it. That sounds hard though, so instead we've created a society where you are penalized if you work hard and succeed, because it will just be taken from you and handed to someone else.

It's not sustainable, it's gonna collapse on itself.