Natural Freedom

Forum for the natural awakening and self-realization of men
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:59 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Seeking Career advice
PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:50 pm 

I graduated from College in 2010 with Bachelors in Health Sciences and have not done anything with it.

After graduation from 2010 to 2013 I stayed in California while my parents moved down here to Atlanta.

I worked at a Mental health agency making about 14 as a entry level position as direct support professional,providing assistance to working with individuals with disabilities.I got tired of working full-time so i moved to atlanta in 2013 and didn't work for awhile.

Since then i worked at another group home(making 11.50)and as a delivery driver,job coach(making 14) and now a host at a restaurant making close to minimum wage plus tips.

1)I understand that most companies will exploit you and want you to be a wage slave
2)Knowing this information since i don't desire to start my own business i am trying to find somewhere that exploits me the least
3)My parents will be moving out in a few months and told me if i don't go back to school for a vocation i have to be on my own

I am getting tired of the exploitation down here in Georgia,At least in California i can live a little more comfortably.Doesn't matter if you are black.Even black people like to exploit black people just like whites and other races.Anyways, i realize i can't change the system but have discovered some things about myself.

1)Like grinus quote i have chiseled away on some inessentials in my own way,particularly through minimalism.
2)I eat the same food everyday and around 2000-2500 calories.
3)I have reduced my wardrobe to a few essentials that i need.
4)I can be content living off 30.000 k a year.Working 4 days a week or working full time for 6 months/quitting for 6 months/repeat
I care about being comfortable and having some money but i am not a big consumer.Being true to myself is more important to me than owning things.To a degree,the less i have the less i need.

With all of the advancements of technology,it dissapoints me that in this day in age human beings continue to enslave other humans working them 40 hours a week in their one and only existence in this world.I realize that nothing can be done about this.Anyways,my degree may be obsolete since i have worked the jobs mentioned above since graduation in 2010 that don't have much to do with what i studied.I don't know if i should stay in atlanta and look for that job that doesn't exploit me to much where i can make 20-30k a year without being drained or if i should go back to cali where people are more progressive and less old school in their thinking

I remember on here it was said that you can go for the most/for the least effort.My brother and sister said they would pay for my school if i go back.I was thinking Recreation therapist which i wouldn't mind doing 6months on/6months off or 4 days a week but the nearest school is 3 hours away.It would take another 2 years and i am already 30.I just don't know guys.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:47 am 

Dude, it sounds like you want to be a bum. You’re not even talking about getting jobs that are biannual. You’re talking about quitting jobs biannually so that you can sit on your ass. You’re talking like a 20-year old that is searching, trying to find his path in life. The problem is you’re 30. I can completely understand why your parents told you that you need to do better because you’re on your own now. You should want to do better for yourself. You need to look into jobs that are biannually—since you only want to work six months a year. Also, you need to quit being a burden on your family. Your brother and sister are offering to give you money to go back to school so that you can make something of yourself. You should feel ashamed that your brother and sister are offering to help you out in such a way. You need to go back and reread all of the posts by Peregrinus and The Kidd, and, this time, don’t cherry-pick them. Read them all, not just the ones that gel with you. I guarantee that at no point do they say that being a loser is acceptable. Living a minimalist lifestyle means abstaining from most of your material wants, and instead, focusing on your needs so that you can live a life of freedom. It does not mean living off of others and burdening them. :roll:

Smart people learn from their mistakes. Smarter people learn from others' mistakes. Stupid people don't learn from anyone's mistakes including their own.

You get what you deserve.

[ img ]

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 3:44 pm 

I have read the posts throughout the years and it is says that money is just one symptom(an indicator) and that you should go after front and clout if that is your thing.

Also there was an example from stephen p's post about someone who lived out of a family's garage and all he cared about was having a low body fat percentage and sticking to a strict diet for himself despite losing many jobs.

The term loser is relative see

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhCi_wp6GUw

Anyways i wouldn't mind living in a cheap foreclosed home/condo or townhouse for like 50k and once the mortgage is paid off just work part time jobs that would pay off the property tax and utilities.That actually was one of my goals.Or as a second alternative,living in a room in a house with cheap rent.

I will look into the biannual jobs you mentioned

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 4:04 pm 

I have read the posts throughout the years and it is says that money is just one symptom(an indicator) and that you should go after front and clout if that is your thing. –Caliboy85

Your front is your intangibles. Your clout is your tangibles. –TheKing_65

Also there was an example from stephen p's post about someone who lived out of a family's garage and all he cared about was having a low body fat percentage and sticking to a strict diet for himself despite losing many jobs. –Caliboy85

As long as you’re content, then that’s what matters. Just don’t become a burden to your family. –TheKing_65

The term loser is relative and assumes that life is a game that can be won. But at the end it doesn't really matter since we are all going to die anyways. –Caliboy85

Life is a game. On your deathbed, if you can honestly say to yourself that you amassed what you set out to in life, then you won the game. –TheKing_65

Anyways i wouldn't mind living in a cheap foreclosed home/condo or townhouse for like 50k and once the mortgage is paid off just work part time jobs that would pay off the property tax and utilities.That actually was one of my goals.Or as a second alternative,living in a room in a house with cheap rent. –Caliboy85

As long as you’re content, then that’s what matters. Just don’t become a burden to your family. –TheKing_65

I will look into the biannual jobs you mentioned –Caliboy85

Smart people learn from their mistakes. Smarter people learn from others' mistakes. Stupid people don't learn from anyone's mistakes including their own.

[ img ]

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 5:05 pm 
Site Admin

TheKing_65: What nerve did caliboy's post hit in you?

In building a statue, a sculptor doesn't keep adding clay to his subject.He keeps chiseling away at the inessentials until the truth of its creation is revealed without obstructions. Perfection is not when there is no more to add,but no more to take away.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 7:08 pm 

No bones picked, I just need some clarification.

[ img ]

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:55 am 
Site Admin

TheKing_65 wrote:
Nice sidestep.

Again?

In building a statue, a sculptor doesn't keep adding clay to his subject.He keeps chiseling away at the inessentials until the truth of its creation is revealed without obstructions. Perfection is not when there is no more to add,but no more to take away.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:48 pm 

caliboy85 wrote:

The term loser is relative see

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhCi_wp6GUw
Fine video, Caliboy85
Quote:
"You can't say to a person: you must play,
because what you are saying is,
you are required to do something which will be
acceptable only if you do it voluntarily."

---Alan Watts

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 4:26 pm 

peregrinus wrote:
TheKing_65 wrote:
Nice sidestep.

Again?
That’s not a sidestep. That’s my answer and I’m sticking to it. However, I’ve gotten my answer now, so never mind.

[ img ]

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 5:25 pm 

Quote:
5 levels of listening:

ignoring, pretending, selective listening, attentive listening, or emphatic listening.
--S. Covey

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 2:49 am 

TheKing_63, it would most likely be in your benefit to at least look into and question what other members bring to your attention, rather than dismissing it.

What benefit is it to peregrinus to bring that observation to your attention?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 5:36 am 

bliss wrote:
TheKing_65, it would most likely be in your benefit to at least look into and question what other members bring to your attention, rather than dismissing it.

What benefit is it to peregrinus to bring that observation to your attention?

There was a question I asked him privately, that he decided to ask me to state publicly--that I decided to address privately. I had my question answered, though.

[ img ]

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 9:19 pm 

Quote:
I graduated from College in 2010 with Bachelors in Health Sciences and I CAN'T DO anything with it.
Fix'd :ugeek:

Pimposophy Revisited is now finally available on Amazon in all territories!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:13 pm 

any practical steps to take?