Natural Freedom

Forum for the natural awakening and self-realization of men
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:47 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:36 pm 

I have been working at this restaraunt for about a week.

I started last Monday and worked till Friday.The first day I started training as a host which I didn't mind doing and actually liked.After that I have been training as a
Food expo which is what I was originally hired for.

After the first couple days of training I knew it wasn't for me.And on Saturday I came into work on my off day and told one of my supervisors that I feel like I am struggling and don't as myself doing this and I would rather work as a host up front.

I have 2 supervisors and a general manager.Both supervisors are very kind to me as well as the staff and the gm on the other hand yells at people including me and has this reputation for being an ass.Anyways on Monday,I told him that I like working at the restaraunt and would rather work as a host because of my struggles.At first he said why the job is easy and i said its
Not for me and I could see him trying to scan me up and down while telling him this in office.He said ok give me time to fill the position,I will take care of it
This was on Monday.

After working Monday night I went back to work around 11
On Tuesday.About a couple hours in I got dizzy and had anxiety.I told
Two coworkers this and that I need to go outside for a
Minute.So i went for a 5 min walk around the building and felt better.As soon as I walked in the gm said are you ok?i could tell he didn't care when i told him that I just felt a little whoozy and needed fresh air and take some deep breathes.I explained to him this happens sometimes when I work around food.what I really meant was this happens when i get stressed out.Anyways,a few minutes later he asked me if I was scheduled the following morning to which I said I am working at 5 told me to go home.

Now if I just continued to go home after I clocked out I would have just came back today at 5 to work.
But I felt a little insecurity and asked him if I should come back today,although he is the gm and has the authority he doesn't make the schedule so I realize
I shouldn't of asked.

Now my gut tells me that he will not call me today.The other manager who i told that I was struggling will be in at 4.I was thinking to go in early before 5 when one of the managers is in and just going into work as if nothing happened
Or
Going in and asking the manager about my schedule for the rest of the week.

I want to get to the bottom of this.

My gut tells me that this guy is envious of me and doesn't want me working in the front around of me.

Should i just go in today?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:41 pm 

My gut tells me they view you as being potentially unreliable. The only threat you are to them is a threat to the restaurants overall efficiency. :roll:

What the fuck stressed you out that badly anyway? :|

Pimposophy Revisited is now finally available on Amazon in all territories!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:48 pm 

I just felt very overwhelmed with the job constant bending over to pick up stuff,turning around to garnish the food it just made me dizzy and had a mini panic attack.The overall job itself what just too stressful. I couldn't stop the attack i was having.When people are stressed out there they go outside and smoke a cigarette.I tried to deal with it the best i could.Go for some fresh air was my stress management technique.

I told him this even before i started running into this situation.Honest Communication.

One of the girls there told me that he was worried because they had someone who worked around food pass out before.Also when he asked one of his waiters to take down my number the waiter so my 925 area code and

said where are you from?

I told him the bay area and he said i knew you were different im also from the west coast(arizona) and that the people here are Rachet.

I told him on Monday that i spoke the manager on Saturday that i was really struggling with this particular position and can contribute much more to the company working up front as a host greeting people and lead them to their tables.This is the truth,no sugar coated.

The manager who brought me on board introduced me to everyone and said i have potential to be a lead expo last week.

She is very nice to me and calls me hun.

I have been very discrete and have only informed the supervisors regarding my desire to switch roles.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 6:10 pm 

Quote:
My gut tells me that this guy is envious of me
Naaw, that's your ego talking. And I agree with Kidd.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 6:13 pm 

I do think he is envious...i am generally quite positive in the workplace smile and treat everyone with respect(not an act but from a genuine place) but he carries

a very negative vibe doesn't say thank you,yells loudly at staff and doesn't appreciate his staff and sees them only as objects of $$$ and production.

People who think they need to get their message across by constantly yelling at people are insecure inside.

Best course of action?

I know that if i didn't ask if i was working today i could of easily came in today.

Should i still go there as if i am ready to go back to work?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 6:24 pm 

Work is a funny thing when you think about it...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:29 pm 

In the past, I had to do certain work before I got to the work I enjoyed doing

For example I did what nobody in the company wanted to do - I work in office and gaming chairs business and there was a big (and I really mean big) load of chair parts, old boxes with some parts of the chairs missing etc - And I had to sort all of this, almost all of it myself.
It was also winter, so it was pretty cold there - My coworkers sometimes tell me they don't understand I could have been there all winter.

After that I did lot of things, because I knew I would get there - The owner knew I knew about gaming business so when he got some e-mails from people from the business asking for sponsorship or cooperation he started asking me.. And slowly I was making decisions who to work with, where to invest, etc... Now I am the marketing manager and I also pretty much decide which model are we going to buy (And tons of other shit), I also communicate with the owner of the brand - We are just resellers.

(We sell premium gaming chair brand)

So what I did is, knowing what will happen and doing my best at what goes my way, work-wise and inner work-wise.. And also doing more that I have been told.. And hoping for the best

Just a little inspiration of what can happen when you know.. And sometimes the path seems indirect

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:07 pm 

Quote:
People who think they need to get their message across by constantly yelling at people are insecure inside.
Quote:
he carries a very negative vibe
Quote:
I do think he is envious

You sure he can't see you're thinking this about him through your "honest smiling face"?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:21 pm 

@aragorn
disregard the pm as i accidentally sent this post

I am smiling when i feel good internally.Not always smiling though since i don't always feel like it but i am generally positive.

It is not an act or coming from a place of needing approval

Honestly, i don't care if he sees what i think of him

I understand that certain personalities just don't jive

I am not there to be liked but at the same time i will treat people(and myself) with respect

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:14 pm 

Jared wrote:
Work is a funny thing when you think about it...
It might be if I thought about it...oh wait that's funny too :lol: :mrgreen:

Pimposophy Revisited is now finally available on Amazon in all territories!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 12:34 am 

I went in today and clocked in.Shortly thereafter the general manager took me into his office and said that at the time he doesn't have anything open for hosting since they hired new people but if someone leaves or quits I could potentially work but asked me to write a letter stating that at this moment I am leaving my position as an expo but would return if there is an opening as a host.

When i first arrived and worked for about 15 minutes before he told me the news i said to myself

I guess my gut was wrong that i wasn't going to be removed.I had a feeling that i was going to be removedso my gut was right.I also had a feeling that i wouldn't be transferred as a host.

After i worked for about an hour i couldn't even smile and felt a bit angry and hurt.

Ironic as the owner came up to me and asked me my name.I made sure to shake his hand as I left.
I have been discrete about it and didn't tell the coworkers my desire to switch roles.As I clocked out for the last time he gave me a pat in the back and said come by and visit.I will be going back a week from today to pick up my last paycheck.

He said that he is not firing me but is trying to cover himself up and that my name will still be on the file for up to three weeks and if not active then would be required to be removed.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:59 am 

thanks for the replies guys