Natural Freedom

Forum for the natural awakening and self-realization of men
It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:50 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Need help
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 7:57 pm 

For the past few weeks i started going to the night clubs very regularly.It has gotten to the point that i go just about every night.What happens is around 10 o'clock i feel the urge to go out and try to hook up with a chick at the club.I am recognizing that this may be turning into an addiction so i want to do something about it.The thing is i am a night owl and i feel everynight that if i don't go out and surround myself around women i am wasting another night out of my life.My question is how do I deal with this urge to go out to clubs everynight.I mean what other activity could i do
while i am up late past midnight?

Post subject: Re: Need help
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 9:36 pm 

caliboy85 wrote:
I mean what other activity could i do while i am up late past midnight?
Virtually anything.

3Hearingstoriesabouttheirgrandparents,madethesonsintogreatsons.Allgreatheroesadoredheroeswhotheyregardedas 13xGreater thanthemselves-theGreatBeingsoftheFuturesPast-totheirlastbreath. :geek:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 9:53 pm 

Club system is weak, to say the least.
I don't do that at all. (I'll avoid that fierce stampede, it's
a frigging gold rush) :lol:

1) Last week I walked out to take out the trash (100m)
and 2 women walked up to me to chat a while, and I
took it from there. I wasn't even expecting it.

2) I let a 20y girl stay at my place 1 nite, 2 weeks ago,
she didn't have a ride back to her town while around my city.
(my amor sent her to me, this 50+ woman :lol: )
I didn't know that young one from shit, and things like this happen
with me anyway. It's enough that someone knows her.
Then, all I had to ' do ' is, just be me.

I don't have to go, all the time, if I don't want to. "It" goes on and on by itself.
Start from where you are, because:

it's always on,therefore, the first step could be anything/everything.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 10:50 pm 

I am pretty much up past 2 am every night and i feel like a prisoner sitting at the house doing nothing.I usually wake up past 1 pm and can spend the entire day by myself not needing to be around anyone for many hours till its night and then all of a sudden lonely,angst,and horniness
begin to hit me and i literally feel like suffering if i don't go out and be in the presence of women. Why is it that i am ok the entire day until night comes?Instead of going out to clubs every night what about buying a video game system?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 10:57 pm 

Genuine contentment is a psychological state,
never an exterior activity.

"Seeking escape is not the answer,
not escaping is the answer."

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 11:51 pm 

This is what happens when you don't find something that truly inspires you, something worth dedicating your time to.

Getting laid is a red herring in all of this.

We are not robots, the energy needs to go somewhere, and men need to work on something of value to them. You can't shut that off and yes, you will feel angst if you are doing nothing YOU find valuable, significant, enriching. If it is not channeled into that, the amount of which needed varies for different people, "well I may as well try to have sex with something" is the go to for men. This is because it's one of the few places they feel ANY sense of connection, excitement, the hunt/conquest, reward for efforts, validation etc. This is why it gets way out of control for a lot of guys and goes way beyond having a sex life they want, it becomes a substitute for these qualities.

There are many places you can get those effects that also contribute to your long term health, finances, skillset and so on.. which after a very basic level, putting it towards "success with women" does not. Of course putting it towards the former leads to better results for the latter anyway.

Video games is an even less productive substitute, at least in this instance you get out of the house and around humans.

It can be channeled into working on yourself inner-work style too, and finding that general sense of contentment outside of circumstances. That only has the desired effect however if it is actual intensive work on yourself, and real self discovery. Not reading forums and doing a little 'letting go' or self introspection whenever we're not getting laid as much as we want.

With the other systems in place you can play video games or go to clubs as you like, but they will be to chill out or enjoy yourself, not trying to fill a sense of self worth and self-expression that they never possibly could.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 12:02 am 

Flow83 8-)

What happens when we place truth first,
and desire second(?)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 12:03 am 
Site Admin

Jared + Flow :D

In building a statue, a sculptor doesn't keep adding clay to his subject.He keeps chiseling away at the inessentials until the truth of its creation is revealed without obstructions. Perfection is not when there is no more to add,but no more to take away.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 1:36 am 

Flow83 wrote:
There are many places you can get those effects that also contribute to your long term health, finances, skillset and so on.. which after a very basic level, putting it towards "success with women" does not. Of course putting it towards the former leads to better results for the latter anyway.
So you say you are a night owl and you go to clubs every night. If you are at least a little bit music oriented you could learn to be a DJ, or a bar tender if music is not your thing. You would be going out every night, possibly earning some money and making meeting people even easier for yourself. Seems like you do nothing with your time - you say you sleep till 1PM and more. Now i am not saying you have to do something but I am just giving you an example of how you could work with the ideas from above.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 11:13 pm 

So basically what you guys are saying is that the reason I feel like I need to go to clubs every night is because of inner discontentment?

If there is no void and genuine contentment is not dependent on exterior activity than how come you must do something(create meaning for yourself) you find fullfilling in order to not feel discontent?

Surely you cannot be content by sitting around and always doing nothing.If you have to engage is some activity whether it is working on a goal or something that gives you meaning doesn't that mean that some kind of action is prerequisite to becoming content.In that sense wouldn't it imply that contentment is dependent on an external activity?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 11:53 pm 

"As long as you have no self-unity,
what difference does it make what you
decide to do?"

(From; The Walled Garden of Truth)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:01 am 

Doing nothing, as you say...is purely subjective. Maybe to us, you using the fact that you may have insomnia to justify going to the club to try to get women, is you doing a whole bunch of nothing. :|

Going to the club isn't the issue. Going to the club not for the sake of going to the club but for the sake of your ulterior motive...THAT is the issue. :geek:

Quit trying make us understand...something that most of us COMPLETELY understand...when you don't even understand it YOURSELF. :ugeek:

Pimposophy Revisited is now finally available on Amazon in all territories!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:41 pm 
Site Admin

Ok, I will bite.
I would echo what Kidd says, also:
caliboy85 wrote:
If there is no void and genuine contentment is not dependent on exterior activity than how come you must do something(create meaning for yourself) you find fullfilling in order to not feel discontent?
There are so many flaws in this statement.

I do not feel the 'must do something to not feel discontent' AT ALL!!!!

So basically you are saying YOUR contentment IS dependant on exteriour activing and YOU must do something you find fulfilling in order not to feel discontent.

Please do not project that onto others as a statement that applies to others.
caliboy85 wrote:
Surely you cannot be content by sitting around and always doing nothing.
Why not?

I can be very content sitting round doing nothing.

I can also be content doing something.

It is not an either or.

My level of contentment is not attached to doing anything, or doing nothing.
caliboy85 wrote:
In that sense wouldn't it imply that contentment is dependent on an external activity?
Oh no, no, no...

You are really projecting here.

In building a statue, a sculptor doesn't keep adding clay to his subject.He keeps chiseling away at the inessentials until the truth of its creation is revealed without obstructions. Perfection is not when there is no more to add,but no more to take away.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:11 pm 

Thanks for the reply guys.I'll take it from here.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:37 pm 

Fwiw I honed the majority of my ability in nightclubs. It is "bar" none the best areana to practice your skills.

The intellectual challenge of processing so many constantly moving variables keeps my interest.

Video games can also be a productive use of time. For example there is a game called space mine patrol that aims to increase your working memory. Which is the truest indicator of your ability to learn and retain information.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:41 pm 

I wholeheartedly agree, Altair. Problem is, he's not using the nightclub as a training environment. :geek:

Pimposophy Revisited is now finally available on Amazon in all territories!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:13 pm 

caliboy85 wrote:
For the past few weeks i started going to the night clubs very regularly.It has gotten to the point that i go just about every night.What happens is around 10 o'clock i feel the urge to go out and try to hook up with a chick at the club.I am recognizing that this may be turning into an addiction so i want to do something about it.The thing is i am a night owl and i feel everynight that if i don't go out and surround myself around women i am wasting another night out of my life.My question is how do I deal with this urge to go out to clubs everynight.I mean what other activity could i do
while i am up late past midnight?
U are playing by the rules of the club. If I owned a club, that's how I would want u to be, think and to conduct yourself. Why wouldn't I ?

The best thing you could do for yourself is using it like training ground. Try new shit and experiment. Ask real life bitches what other activites there are ?

I disagree about videogames being less productive, I wish I had the time to play more videogames, since is something that I really enjoy.

And yo, u must have a lot of money to be able to support this lifestyle, huh ?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:55 pm 

Update over the past few days i have been working on doing some inner demon meeting and greeting.

I have been doing physical pushups for awhile now but never quite took the time to do mental pushups.

Last Week i spent an entire day(14 hours) in silence mostly sitting in my room and looking at the walls.My mom knocked on my door a few times and i had a few short responses but other than that it was silence.

No internet,No television or reading and boy it wasn't easy.

After a couple of hours i experienced a wave of intense loneliness and boredom which i just sat and stayed with allowing the feelings to arise without fleeting from them.

To my surprise after sometime those feelings subsided for a few hours and actually felt some momentary bliss which is one of the greatest feelings i have ever experience and then returned in waves.

The next day when i went out i felt more centered,more grounded,and felt vast space between me and my surroundings.

Also, a couple days later i did the same thing just sitting in my room with my thoughts and letting things arise.I felt the loneliness again and this time it wasn't as strong.I did this for 10 hours.

So for me it is the evident that the fear of being alone is a core issue and explains why i felt the need to go to nightclubs 5 times a week.The bar was a symptom of a greater problem which meant that i couldn't just be at peace with my own company.I tricked myself into believe that because i went out at night by myself all the time i was this content person who didn't need anyone's company.Boy was i wrong.

Specifics as to why i was feeling intense loneliness didn't arise.I am an ISFP, so i don't have the level
of depth with regards to analysis as others have on here but that's ok.I remember someone saying on here(I think it may of been Flow) that it doesn't matter as long as you are aware of the specific emotion that arises ie. boredom,loneliness,anger..etc

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:03 pm 
Site Admin

caliboy85 wrote:
Update over the past few days i have been working on doing some inner demon meeting and greeting.

I have been doing physical pushups for awhile now but never quite took the time to do mental pushups.

Last Week i spent an entire day(14 hours) in silence mostly sitting in my room and looking at the walls.My mom knocked on my door a few times and i had a few short responses but other than that it was silence.

No internet,No television or reading and boy it wasn't easy.

After a couple of hours i experienced a wave of intense loneliness and boredom which i just sat and stayed with allowing the feelings to arise without fleeting from them.

To my surprise after sometime those feelings subsided for a few hours and actually felt some momentary bliss which is one of the greatest feelings i have ever experience and then returned in waves.

The next day when i went out i felt more centered,more grounded,and felt vast space between me and my surroundings.

Also, a couple days later i did the same thing just sitting in my room with my thoughts and letting things arise.I felt the loneliness again and this time it wasn't as strong.I did this for 10 hours.

So for me it is the evident that the fear of being alone is a core issue and explains why i felt the need to go to nightclubs 5 times a week.The bar was a symptom of a greater problem which meant that i couldn't just be at peace with my own company.I tricked myself into believe that because i went out at night by myself all the time i was this content person who didn't need anyone's company.Boy was i wrong.

Specifics as to why i was feeling intense loneliness didn't arise.I am an ISFP, so i don't have the level
of depth with regards to analysis as others have on here but that's ok.I remember someone saying on here(I think it may of been Flow) that it doesn't matter as long as you are aware of the specific emotion that arises ie. boredom,loneliness,anger..etc
Now we're talking bussiness, caliboy85 8-)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:37 pm 

caliboy85 wrote:
Update over the past few days i have been working on doing some inner demon meeting and greeting
Awesome work! Now the hard part...stick with it!