Natural Freedom

Forum for the natural awakening and self-realization of men
It is currently Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:28 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 7:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:00 pm
Posts: 1218
moose35 wrote:
Learning to defend yourself against another person (except for when he/she is carrying a weapon), especially in crowded situations with bouncers/bodyguards there ready to step in should anything happen, is nothing too difficult.

Takes under a year and it's an important skill to have, especially when dealing with a situation where there's potential for physical conflict. Most people don't really want to fight anyway.

What happened to the will to live ?
Your gut will tell you ... When Where How

And, of course "Hit hard, hit fast, hit often" Willian Halsey Jr.

_________________
By searching first and posting questions only if you find no answers, everyone will be much happier
No matter HOW smart you think you ARE, there will ALWAYS be somebody who is smarter than you. So never underestimate people.


Fravia+


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 9:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:55 pm
Posts: 2923
Location: Canada
Your gut is nothing more than trained skills that have been learned to an unconscious level.

Someone with practice is gonna have an huge edge on someone that's just winging it. I'd rather be the person with the huge edge personally.

Learning to deal with weapons isn't especially difficult, it mostly involves controlling their wrist/hand. And staying to the outside of the body where their range of mobility is at it's weakest.

_________________
A truly powerful Man jealously guards his most precious resources; his independence and his ability to maneuver. True power isn’t controlling others, but the degree to which you control the course of your own life and your own choices. -Rational Male


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 9:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:35 pm
Posts: 739
Yup. Having practiced timing, spacing, and knowing WHEN to hit is huge. Having the will to live is great, but flailing like you're swimming the freestyle against Michael Phelps won't do much against a quick jab.

Altair, I have to disagree on the weapons. In theory, it's nothing too complicated. But one false move can be devastating. I've heard some people say that the best self-defense against a knife is to run away, and I have to agree.

_________________
Take it easy, man. But take it.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 8:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:33 am
Posts: 1537
Location: Czech Republic
moose35 wrote:
I've heard some people say that the best self-defense against a knife is to run away, and I have to agree.


Also, practicing self-defense against a kinfe is different than facing somebody willing to stab you for real...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 2:43 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:54 am
Posts: 401
Location: Levelling up.
I think this

Quote:
Are you really going to act neurotic?


was unnecessary. It's too staunch, too defensive.

Quote:
I've heard some people say that the best self-defense against a knife is to run away, and I have to agree.


As someone who has had a couple of knives pulled on him, I'd say you're better facing a knife threat than having someone running you down from behind.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 6:19 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:54 pm
Posts: 49
Leo wrote:
I think this

Quote:
Are you really going to act neurotic?


was unnecessary. It's too staunch, too defensive.

Quote:
I've heard some people say that the best self-defense against a knife is to run away, and I have to agree.


As someone who has had a couple of knives pulled on him, I'd say you're better facing a knife threat than having someone running you down from behind.

The last paragraph I agree. You may not be fast enough to out run them and you're leaving vital areas unprotected. Always back away facing them and if a fight can be avoided, walk away. If not make sure you neutralize the weapon, knock them down long enough to kick weapon away and to get away. Seek out a professional. As for cops/bouncers they are for rule enforcement not protection. Always remember that. In the US they have 0 duty to protect you.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:16 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:35 pm
Posts: 739
Symp2Pimp wrote:
Leo wrote:
I think this

Quote:
Are you really going to act neurotic?


was unnecessary. It's too staunch, too defensive.

Quote:
I've heard some people say that the best self-defense against a knife is to run away, and I have to agree.


As someone who has had a couple of knives pulled on him, I'd say you're better facing a knife threat than having someone running you down from behind.

The last paragraph I agree. You may not be fast enough to out run them and you're leaving vital areas unprotected. Always back away facing them and if a fight can be avoided, walk away. If not make sure you neutralize the weapon, knock them down long enough to kick weapon away and to get away. Seek out a professional. As for cops/bouncers they are for rule enforcement not protection. Always remember that. In the US they have 0 duty to protect you.


Might just be my situation, but I'm confident I can outrun 99,5% of the population. And I'd rather take those odds than the 50/50 odds of getting stuck if somebody pulls a knife.

_________________
Take it easy, man. But take it.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:27 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:54 am
Posts: 401
Location: Levelling up.
The problem is that they will chase you if you run, it's just instinct. Standing ground makes them think twice.

I would not turn my back, no matter how frightened(and I was the first time, the second not so much). Luckily I had two Guardian Angels appear out of nowhere which scared the guy off(this was 3am on a deserted street).


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:35 pm
Posts: 739
Leo wrote:
The problem is that they will chase you if you run, it's just instinct. Standing ground makes them think twice.

I would not turn my back, no matter how frightened(and I was the first time, the second not so much). Luckily I had two Guardian Angels appear out of nowhere which scared the guy off(this was 3am on a deserted street).


That's a good point. All I'm saying is that I trust my speed more than my (potentially drunken) reflexes, especially when the most practice I'll get is a situation that I know poses no real danger to me.

If I can't run and HAVE to face a knife a couple of times (like yourself), my stance would probably change. But as it is right now, I've sprinted miles and fought a real knife 0 times. And I think the ratio is similar for most people.

_________________
Take it easy, man. But take it.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:22 am
Posts: 142
Location: .RO
Slim Titan wrote:
It's a small town, so people know each other.


Move. Not only for the adventure and starting fresh, but b/c of that, it's also your reputation that made that guy react the way he did. For ex, if your rep. were that u know gang members and shit, or some big shot of that town, the bouncers, then he would not be as quick to talk shit to you. Let alone pull a knife on you. U get what I am saying!

Slim Titan wrote:
I go to speak to a group of women sitting at a table after walking back inside the bar, which I had a cigarette outside of previously.


That's what they are there for. Attention! If they would get the proper attention from the right guys, them, in particular, weren't be there, that evening !

Slim Titan wrote:
Three guys from a Master's program are dancing a few feet away from the table.

I know them (well have talked to most of them on occasion). This Indian guy, self-proclaimed, I didn't know he was Indian, comes up and takes a seat between me and the girls when I talk to them. It was nearly immediately.


He actually is doing the work for you. U should have laughed at this point. Sit back and let him talk! Let him make a fool out of himself. Maintain or make eyecontact with the women from time to time, and chill. Always have a smile, he is your worker, he is under you, so let him work ! Put your full attention on him, put a lot of pressure on him. Bring the discussion to where u make him tell outloud how many orgasms can he give to a woman, how he pleases women, what are his bedroom skills! Make the fucker qualify himself.

Slim Titan wrote:
I had seen one of the African guys put a beer bottle in the ashtray outside of the bar before he walked in.

They were definitely drinking before they came to the bar and were drinking while in the bar.

I on the other hand was drinking water because I had a few drinks at another bar in town.

Back to the story, he sits down in a chair that is not meant for the table. It's a chair that sits much higher than the table. :roll:

The girls had all looked at each other when I asked them why they weren't dancing. Apparently, his girl decided to be the ring leader.

He told me to have a seat. I told him that I would rather stand. After that, he stands up and gets in my face. He says, "Are you trying to talk to my girl?"

I've seen all of them on campus and thought they would be friendly. I was wrong. I answer, "no." Before I can respond and say what I was doing, he says, "you're talking to my girl!!!!!" Then, he says, "Do you want to dance!!!! This is an Indian song!!! Go dance!!!!" I say, "I don't want to dance. Are you really going to act neurotic?.....(edit: I remembered the 2nd line of what I said, but I don't think I said anything else)."

"What, you don't like Indian songs You don't like Indian people...(I forgot the rest of the disrespectful things he said in between the next sentence)."

He immediately says, "You need to leave!!!! Go!!!!!! You need to leave!!!!"

His yelling and escalation gave me a deep-seeded feeling in my bones to protect myself. I think for 2 seconds about how to do that. The multi-purpose tool that I found on couch had a 3 inch knife, with a blade that was adequate. However, it would take to long for me to examine it and use it.

My mind tells me that I'm too close to punch him with a jab (I didn't remember my boxing and think about the hook). I settle for choking him. I get him by the neck and start walking him over to a wall to pass him out and one of the African guys starts pushing me out of the bar to protect his friend after his friend breaks free. :x

Outside, the African guy is trying to calm me down. I'm done because the whole bar knows what happened. Apparently, while the African guy was pushing me out of the bar, the Indian guy had grabbed a beer bottle and was trying to hit me with it while behind the African guy's protection.

The African guy had said while pushing me out, "he can't fight you."

The bouncer kicked out the Indian guy, and everyone that I knew was trying to calm me down.


"Are you trying to talk to my girl ?" I have said once "Look, how am I suppose to know it's your girl ? I don't see your name written on her forehead!" And walked away. I always walk away.

"What, you don't like Indian songs You don't like Indian people...(I forgot the rest of the disrespectful things he said in between the next sentence)."

"No, no, no, look, stop ! ( with an authorative voicetone and facial figure ) I never said that, please don't put words in my mouth."

He immediately says, "You need to leave!!!! Go!!!!!! You need to leave!!!!"

This guy is so insecure and so threathened by you, it's just ridicules! If it were to get to this point, which of what I wrote it would never get to this point, I would leave. I don't have a huge ego. I know I'm the shit, I don't have to prove it to no one. And talk to some other chicks or do something else. I would never let someone else dictate how my night goes. Fuck that ! As a man, I am always in control ! And maybe I would give my business card to the other females, that are not taken, before I leave.

But, if I leave and he continues this shit, or if he puts his hands on me after I leave, then we would have a HUGE problem that needs to be adressed! I can deal with words, but I don't tolerate someone putting their hands in a disrespectful way on my body!

I will never understand how guys are so focused on other guys. This make 0 sense to me. They want women, but they choose to spend their energy and getting attention from men ? How crazy is that ??????????

The lessons u learned are important. I don't know you, true, but I am glad u didn't get hurt, on any level.

But if u had read what I wrote somewhere in the " bla bla bla Fashion" shit, I had already explained how to prevent this kind of bullshit!

Incorporate this rule in yourself: Always be friendly with the guys. B/c they are your workers. A good manager is friendly to his employees, so they like him more, than an unfriendly one.

That's what I do, man! Guys have "female friends" :lol: :lol: ( wtf is that bullshit ? ) that they are trying to fuck, but they don;t know how to ask for what they want. If u are friendly with them, they can lead u to the parties, birthdays, nights out etc or include u in their group. That's how u infiltrate groups. And then u extract the women, or give her your business card, so u get the girl u like on 1 on 1 basis, so u can work your charms. :D But it starts with the rule in red and bolded.

Learn how to follow instructions. Learn to listen and apply.

L.E. I almost forgot this one. Now this one I have to incorporate. Befriend the bouncers, man! Be super cool with the bouncers. That's how u make sure they got your back. A good way to start is casually talk about where they pump iron ? What gym and shit. Why is better at that gym then the other ? Next week u talk to him again, next week again, and sooner or later he would get familiar. It's this thing I call social intelligence.

Have a good one.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:55 pm
Posts: 2923
Location: Canada
So much effort to be social though...

"These aren't the droids your looking for"....

_________________
A truly powerful Man jealously guards his most precious resources; his independence and his ability to maneuver. True power isn’t controlling others, but the degree to which you control the course of your own life and your own choices. -Rational Male


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:35 pm
Posts: 739
Quote:
I don't have a huge ego. I know I'm the shit


:lol:

_________________
Take it easy, man. But take it.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:22 am
Posts: 142
Location: .RO
Altair wrote:
So much effort to be social though...

"These aren't the droids your looking for"....



All I know is that there are some guys out there that are "just friends" with pretty women, and there are some guys out there that happen to know a lot of women, from their workplace, courses that they take, classes etc. Being friendly, and cool with them, might get you the opportunity to meet the women that they are friends or hang around with. Or, it might get you a business opportunity, or a chance to make some extra money, whatever, it doesn't always has to be about women.

A good word or a good recommendation is never a bad thing. A bad recommendation is not always a bad thing, either. :P

Hell, some time in my life I actually was this "just friends" guy, I got "hunted down" by other dudes and they did exactly that !!! more or less. I even had an Alpha friend once that hunted me down and infiltrate MY group, and be with a girl, that some other guys were \'friends" with and wanted her. And I didn't had a clue, I led him to the ass, he never forced me to do nothing. :lol: :lol: I was a good employee! :lol: :lol:.... Shit, I had Alphas laughing at me when I tried to "impress" some chick, I was at some point that desgusting "defend her honor" guy. Bleah! :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:22 am
Posts: 142
Location: .RO
The "put the other guy down to make myself look better" guy, which NEVER worked :lol: the "throwing salt in one's game" guy, the "can I get your number?" guy, the "this place is a sausage fest" even though there were actually single girls there :lol: :lol: guy the "what does your last boyfriend did ( as a job ) ? why did you break up with him ? ( focusing on other guys, comparing myself and all that bs ) what are you looking for in a guy ?" guy :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: , sometimes even the "I bring a friend, u bring a friend, on a date ;) " guy, instead of being 1 on 1 with the chick, and when I was 1 on 1, it was "Where do you want to go ? What do you want to do ? Let me be part of YOUR life" guy. :lol: :lol: the dressing up in a suite and bring flowers on a first date, guy, :lol: "Let me buy... , let me pay... " guy, the "I truly like you and want to fuck you, but I don't know how to express that to you so I rather play it safe" guy, the "yes honey, whatever u say" guy, the peer pressure of having a girl, even a drama queen, so I can look good in front of my friends guy, the compromise my respect and my values guy, apologise for being a fucking man guy, the stand behind nothing guy, putting women on a piedestal guy, THE NICE guy...

just weak, no backbone and pathetic! I am never going back to that even if I could, fuck that ! Now I make the rules, I decide what I do, when to do it, how I do it. My way or the highway, now! I run shit, now !


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 5:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 02, 2010 6:49 am
Posts: 5063
DMD wrote:
The "put the other guy down to make myself look better" guy, which NEVER worked :lol: the "throwing salt in one's game" guy, the "can I get your number?" guy, the "this place is a sausage fest" even though there were actually single girls there :lol: :lol: guy the "what does your last boyfriend did ( as a job ) ? why did you break up with him ? ( focusing on other guys, comparing myself and all that bs ) what are you looking for in a guy ?" guy :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: , sometimes even the "I bring a friend, u bring a friend, on a date ;) " guy, instead of being 1 on 1 with the chick, and when I was 1 on 1, it was "Where do you want to go ? What do you want to do ? Let me be part of YOUR life" guy. :lol: :lol: the dressing up in a suite and bring flowers on a first date, guy, :lol: "Let me buy... , let me pay... " guy, the "I truly like you and want to fuck you, but I don't know how to express that to you so I rather play it safe" guy, the "yes honey, whatever u say" guy, the peer pressure of having a girl, even a drama queen, so I can look good in front of my friends guy, the compromise my respect and my values guy, apologise for being a fucking man guy, the stand behind nothing guy, putting women on a piedestal guy, THE NICE guy...

just weak, no backbone and pathetic! I am never going back to that even if I could, fuck that ! Now I make the rules, I decide what I do, when to do it, how I do it. My way or the highway, now! I run shit, now !


...that's a whoooooole lotta GUISE! :shock: :lol:

_________________
EVERYTHING in life is conditional...EVERYTHING. :ugeek:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 5:07 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:08 pm
Posts: 2772
Location: UK
DMD wrote:
just weak, no backbone and pathetic! I am never going back to that even if I could, fuck that ! Now I make the rules, I decide what I do, when to do it, how I do it. My way or the highway, now! I run shit, now !
Woah! :D

_________________
In building a statue, a sculptor doesn't keep adding clay to his subject.He keeps chiseling away at the inessentials until the truth of its creation is revealed without obstructions. Perfection is not when there is no more to add,but no more to take away.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:17 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:18 am
Posts: 1508
DMD wrote:
The "put the other guy down to make myself look better" guy, which NEVER worked :lol: the "throwing salt in one's game" guy, the "can I get your number?" guy, the "this place is a sausage fest" even though there were actually single girls there :lol: :lol: guy the "what does your last boyfriend did ( as a job ) ? why did you break up with him ? ( focusing on other guys, comparing myself and all that bs ) what are you looking for in a guy ?" guy :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: , sometimes even the "I bring a friend, u bring a friend, on a date ;) " guy, instead of being 1 on 1 with the chick, and when I was 1 on 1, it was "Where do you want to go ? What do you want to do ? Let me be part of YOUR life" guy. :lol: :lol: the dressing up in a suite and bring flowers on a first date, guy, :lol: "Let me buy... , let me pay... " guy, the "I truly like you and want to fuck you, but I don't know how to express that to you so I rather play it safe" guy, the "yes honey, whatever u say" guy, the peer pressure of having a girl, even a drama queen, so I can look good in front of my friends guy, the compromise my respect and my values guy, apologise for being a fucking man guy, the stand behind nothing guy, putting women on a piedestal guy, THE NICE guy...

just weak, no backbone and pathetic! I am never going back to that even if I could, fuck that ! Now I make the rules, I decide what I do, when to do it, how I do it. My way or the highway, now! I run shit, now !


I can bet you where this close to use all caps. :twisted:

Image

_________________
“Knowing others is intelligence; knowing yourself is true wisdom. Mastering others is strength; mastering yourself is true power. If you realize that you have enough, you are truly rich.”


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:55 pm
Posts: 2923
Location: Canada
I'm nothing. :)

_________________
A truly powerful Man jealously guards his most precious resources; his independence and his ability to maneuver. True power isn’t controlling others, but the degree to which you control the course of your own life and your own choices. -Rational Male


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:41 pm
Posts: 1672
DMD wrote:
The lessons u learned are important. I don't know you, true, but I am glad u didn't get hurt, on any level.

But if u had read what I wrote somewhere in the " bla bla bla Fashion" shit, I had already explained how to prevent this kind of bullshit!

Incorporate this rule in yourself: Always be friendly with the guys. B/c they are your workers. A good manager is friendly to his employees, so they like him more, than an unfriendly one.

That's what I do, man! Guys have "female friends" :lol: :lol: ( wtf is that bullshit ? ) that they are trying to fuck, but they don;t know how to ask for what they want. If u are friendly with them, they can lead u to the parties, birthdays, nights out etc or include u in their group. That's how u infiltrate groups. And then u extract the women, or give her your business card, so u get the girl u like on 1 on 1 basis, so u can work your charms. :D But it starts with the rule in red and bolded.

Learn how to follow instructions. Learn to listen and apply.

L.E. I almost forgot this one. Now this one I have to incorporate. Befriend the bouncers, man! Be super cool with the bouncers. That's how u make sure they got your back. A good way to start is casually talk about where they pump iron ? What gym and shit. Why is better at that gym then the other ? Next week u talk to him again, next week again, and sooner or later he would get familiar. It's this thing I call social intelligence.

Have a good one.


.......

_________________
"Growth begins when we begin to accept our own weakness." - Jean Vanier


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:55 pm
Posts: 2923
Location: Canada
He is correct.

I break it down as...

Alpha Male quote unquote...cloak, appear to mirror them subtly.

Normal People...slip around so I dont have to talk to them.

People I want to talk to....be normal.

_________________
A truly powerful Man jealously guards his most precious resources; his independence and his ability to maneuver. True power isn’t controlling others, but the degree to which you control the course of your own life and your own choices. -Rational Male


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group