Natural Freedom

Forum for the natural awakening and self-realization of men
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:34 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:31 am 
The end of winter is near, but the storms have been hitting northern America for a while.

To the point, icicles grow. Sometimes they (icicles) grow slow. Sometimes they grow fast. The funniest thing about growth is that it's more impressive when it is slower. Think about it.

For example, when you're driving a car, you notice the distance the longer it takes you to get there. The fastest growth is the least impressive growth. Why is it less impressive? There is no nuance. However, grass grows slowly. You don't notice grass until a week or two has passed and it's time to cut the grass.

http://www.naturalfreedom.info/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3642

I linked the above because this is an example of extreme growth in a limited amount of time. Little was required of me except to pay attention. However, paying attention is an admirable feat in itself. Most people don't pay attention.

http://www.naturalfreedom.info/viewtopi ... ter#p37850

If you looked at the above link then what Grinus' said is a good example of my state of mind at the time. My mind was extremely quiet, so I was able to hear the majority of what was being said.

http://www.naturalfreedom.info/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3743

This link is an example of when my mind was not as quiet as it could be.

In the first case, the growth was so fast that it did not take much. However, the sex was far from impressive. She was definitely drunk, albeit, not sloppy though.

Growth is less impressive when it's fast because you don't have to wait. There is no delayed gratification. In the second case, patience would have led me to what I seeking, most likely a quick lay with repeated encounters unlike the first.

Taking a step back for a moment, icicles are diverse. Some are small and won't get big. Some start small and get giant as is the case with ones near heaters and heated buildings. It's funny because sometimes when you knock big icicles they don't grow back because the path of water has changed. However, small icicles tend to grow back because the water path isn't deeply ingrained in a specific flow. What's even funnier is that most icicles don't grow by their self. Icicles grow in groups. The icicles that I examined over the last week have all grown except for the large icicle that I knocked off. What happened is that the water path changed and the other icicles grew much faster. Cutting out one icicle helped the others grow.

To test my hypothesis, tonight I knocked down a bunch of small icicles where I could them being watered. I went inside for a while after that. When I came back to the icicles new ones had formed where the old ones were. I knocked so many icicles off that they just replaced the ones in their old spots. The water flow hadn't changed. Yet, my hypothesis was confirmed when I attempted to manipulate the water flow. Changing the path of the flow changed the growth of the most adjacent icicle. The one that was knocked off grew slower as the water flowed over it to drip off the most adjacent one because they were on the same plane.

When thinking about the second woman that I was involved with I could see that if I wanted a specific path to be taken I had to change the flow for what was in my control. I had to let everything else go. I also realized that I had to wait.

Tonight I see her again while I'm at the bar. My previous hypothesis about her daughter doing recon is confirmed fully. Further it turns out that her daughter is pregnant by a man 16 years older than her.

I meet the 39 year old's other daughter and it too seems like she favors men older than her. Yet, she is limited in her ability to select from older men because she cannot enter bars and clubs. She is 16. She still attends college parties though.

It makes sense that their mother would be interested in younger men too. She's the reverse of their interests. She's peaked and is in decline. They are still small icicles growing quickly. She is a large icicle growing slowly.

When she walked in she didn't immediately speak to me. It seemed as if I knocked the tip of the icicle off of her that's been growing for me. I attempt to give her a hug as a test to see what possible and what's not. She reciprocates. I talk with her and her daughter for as long as they stay. I fade in and out of the conversation.

She talks to everyone equally. When she's leaving, I get up to give her a hug goodbye. She walks over and reciprocates again. This time she groans as she's hugging me, and I notice that I actually came from below to hug her because of the awkward position and cuffed her ass with my right hand, a happy accident.

It seems that while I knocked down one icicle there were still more growing for me. I don't plan to call or text her, continuing as I haven't done in the last week and change now. The flow of the water does too seem to still be in my favor. What will be impressive is to see how much her icicles for me have grown the next time I see her by "coincidence." Keep in mind. I think the whole meeting was orchestrated to a certain degree, not by my own doing, but I can't prove that. The mother and her other daughter just so happened to find out that two places were closed today that they frequent. So they ordered from the bar that I was at tonight.

There has been one last icicle growing outside my dorm. I haven't touched it at all because I can't reach it. What I don't understand is why some of them stop growing even when conditions haven't changed. The one outside my dorm has stopped growing. There is still heat. So, there should still be snow melting to feed the icicle. Yet, it hasn't grown an inch over the last few days. I suspect that it may just be growing slower and slower because it's much larger, but I haven't confirmed that yet or what it means.

1. You have to wait to see growth. So, patience is key.

2. There are things you can control and things you can't control but can still influence, and there are things totally out of your control.

3. Slow growth is better, more stable, and more impressive than fast growth.

4. The time spent waiting on things to grow can be used effectively (didn't include this part for brevity).

5. The more growth as taken place the slower it grows? I haven't proved this to myself yet.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:06 am 

I rather like this metaphor. The biggest ones don't grow any longer but they do continue to get fatter and fatter. The growth becomes less and less noticeable because each additional drop is a smaller and smaller percentage as compared to what has already frozen.

Also, invariably every icicle, no matter how big, will stop growing and start shrinking and then fall off when the weather changes. If you never reciprocate one bit, then even a girl who is quite hot for you will eventually decide to give up.

"The society gives you a map; I give you only freedom. The society gives you character, I give you only consciousness. The society teaches you to live a conformist life ... I give you an invitation to go on an adventure." - Osho

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:58 pm 
Site Admin

Nature is a wonderful teacher

In building a statue, a sculptor doesn't keep adding clay to his subject.He keeps chiseling away at the inessentials until the truth of its creation is revealed without obstructions. Perfection is not when there is no more to add,but no more to take away.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:15 am 
Meraki wrote:
I rather like this metaphor. The biggest ones don't grow any longer but they do continue to get fatter and fatter. The growth becomes less and less noticeable because each additional drop is a smaller and smaller percentage as compared to what has already frozen.

Also, invariably every icicle, no matter how big, will stop growing and start shrinking and then fall off when the weather changes. If you never reciprocate one bit, then even a girl who is quite hot for you will eventually decide to give up.
Interesting point, I have secondary confirmation of my hypothesis. However, the weather is changing so I won't get to confirm with first hand experience. Also, I never considered the second half of it. I just thought about what happens when you interfere and when you don't interfere.

Reciprocation is like the water. The more you reciprocate. The larger it grows until a certain point and then the less effective reciprocation is I think. Duly noted.
peregrinus wrote:
Nature is a wonderful teacher
Yes, I think I like being outside. However, I'm not a fan of the cold all that much. I'll have to find an environment that is suitable to me or choose to adapt to one. The first is easier. The second is more rewarding because it takes more time.

I would also add that growth can be measured in seconds, minutes, days, weeks, months, and years. The most rewarding experiences are those that are balanced. Too short and you don't care that much. Too long and it's more shocking than impressive because one loses their reference point.