Natural Freedom

Forum for the natural awakening and self-realization of men
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:24 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Back to Ground Zero!
PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:31 pm 

Hello, bretheren

Where to begin? Lol, the last four months have been a bit of a circus to say the least, been across three provinces and haven't had a place to live in that time just been staying in hotels like a true gyspy going where the work is, everything I own fits in two duffel bags... so that's pretty awesome.

There were a lot of factors and poor decisions on my part mostly to do with ignoring my gut and not giving enough of a fuck to pay attention to peoples motives. But I digress, backtracking.

So last winter I worked on a site, was getting ready to quit and they convinced me to stay said I would get good training and move up quickly...worked for me because the idea of having to go to school and not have a paycheck kinda sucked. The fundamental underlying principal was the most capable person got the job, fair enough suits my INTJ tendencies perfectly. The company promised the contractor (we were the contractor) it was only gonna be a 8 week seasonal layoff but it turned into 8 months...and I'm thinking well this sucks but at least a bunch of people will probably quit and I'll get the opportunity. We get back and the site foreman goes on a rampage playing the whole your not working hard enough every fucking day...and better still I am being told I cannot do my current job so how can I ever hope to learn the next one. Which is funny because on every single site I went to over the summer they pretty much begged me to stay. So I am looking for a way out obviously to plan a new angle.

The room mate situation is less than ideal, he decided to buy a Great Dane and we were living in a small apartment so that was a super "smrt" idea. Pretty much keeping the filter on what is going on in my brain for this situation too many variables at work need to be calculated.

I met someone on another one of the sites over the summer and he helped me repair my truck for free, so I bought beers. Initial reads, seems to be negative, flit from job to job seems nice to me though haven't seen him talking to any other people doesn't look like he has a lot of friends.

The dog trashes the house, I am told it's my fault....I tell him to go fuck his hat and start looking for a place to live talk to some friends they're waiting for someone to move out in a month and they'll have a place then so low and behold the guy who helped me with my truck we'll call him Fred is the only one who has a room. In my mind I'm thinking....fuck got a bad feeling...fuck it.

A week later he tells me he is looking for someone to fill a position, don't really wanna work for him but I know when I am at my limit and I was gonna start snapping at work so I take it...worst case I'll do it for the winter and then have enough experience to do something else.

I'm upfront with him, I want the job here's the things I don't know can I be trained on the job? Yep no prob....good enough then. The night before he tells me that he told them I had already worked the position before (What.A.Fucking.Tool) so that's super exciting. And I am definitely committed to it at this point I was so uncomfortable with it I quit after a couple weeks. My decision at this point to go back to school is solidified tired of all the crap. He decides to have a drink after work one day...and he was a recovering alcoholic...right on!

He has no friends basically and thinks I am his friend, so I bullshit him superbly tell him I am staying the winter when I was only planning on another month or so. He's angry drunk all the time, and I'm listen to him whine about the fact I like my time alone to recharge. I can leave but it's much more convenient to stay here because the rent is so cheap and I need the money for school.

The breaking point is when he comes back hammered with a random guy he decided to be friends with, he wants me to drive him somewhere and I politely inform him that I will not be leaving my stuff around a random. He starts talking about "smashing skulls" I don't even respond just go and start packing my stuff, really have no interest in beaking off when it's 3 on 1 if anything happens it's gonna be me acting first being excessive and explaining myself later.

Anywho, get a job the next day and start saving the rest of what I need for school. Lessons learned or reinforced?

When it comes to work trust no one.
Always rely on your gut.
Bad decisions have a way of snowballing and before you know it is a HUGE clusterfuck.
Avoid people with no friends, there's probably a reason.
Yes, after a while situations become very routine but still pay attention even if it's boring.

Some of these parts played themselves out, but a lot just comes down to not caring enough to pay attention and make good decisions.

But there is an upside, my applications are already in for university and I shall hopefully be returning to my hometown for school I'm heading there now to finish upgrading, one of the best geology programs is there.

I am still off the market as far as the whole women thing goes, I might go out from time to time to spar a bit. But the next six months are gonna be like the Super Gravity chamber for reals, I'm gonna push myself intellectually harder than I have before. With not working outside 12+ hours a day my mind will not be so dull and I will be able to focus more energy on my pursuits. Boxing will also be included in order to get exercise, and compliment the healthy body/healthy mind connection.

Almost 23 now, time slips away so quickly as Morpheus said "time is always against us Neo". Back in October of 2012 when I first began to truly began to solidify my mind underwent some massive changes almost overnight it seemed like a dam had been released and all this excess emotional energy had nowhere to go but out. The same thing is happening now, and I'm still trying to sort out everything that is happening, the future is uncertain and the victory is unassured which is perfect. :ugeek:

I live for those moments when I am pushed to my limits to find they're not where I thought they were, I am returning to ground zero in a few days to where I was when I discovered the forum almost three years ago and the changes that have taken place in that time have been crazy, and I am just getting started. Rising from the ashes of my mistakes and complacency 8-)

Post subject: Re: Back to Ground Zero!
PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 2:26 pm 
Site Admin

Lots of lessons

Lots of learning

:D

In building a statue, a sculptor doesn't keep adding clay to his subject.He keeps chiseling away at the inessentials until the truth of its creation is revealed without obstructions. Perfection is not when there is no more to add,but no more to take away.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 2:45 pm 

Got to break the limits before one knows where they
actually are.

(Vegeta didn´t reach Super Saiyan Lv-1 inside the chamber
if my memory serves me (?))

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 2:52 pm 

No I don't think he did either...regardless I don't think I'm near that level yet. There is still much work to be done.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:50 pm 

[ img ]

Pimposophy Revisited is now finally available on Amazon in all territories!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:15 pm 

The Kidd!! wrote:
Morpheus wrote:
Not yet.

But I'm still LIGHT YEARS ahead of my peers (outside the forum)
...and those steak eaters should NEVER be the standard by which you measure yourself...never become complacent because your Kung Fu is leagues better than theirs...your goal should be to be able to stand toe to toe with me in sparring match one day and completely hold your own without me holding back...

[ img ]

Aspire to it. :ugeek:
Haven't forgotten 8-)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:47 pm 

[ img ]

Red 5 standing by... ;)

Pimposophy Revisited is now finally available on Amazon in all territories!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:43 pm 

You have my respects for working 12+ hours daily. I can't imagine that. I need my time alone at home after 8+ hours of work daily.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:53 pm 

fufe wrote:
You have my respects for working 12+ hours daily. I can't imagine that. I need my time alone at home after 8+ hours of work daily.
I did some 20 hour days in minus 45, I knew what I wanted and a little pain and discomfort wasnt gonna stop me from I said was gonna happen.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:55 pm 

Some work harder.

Some work smarter.

Some work both harder and smarter, and thats when shit really happens.

"The society gives you a map; I give you only freedom. The society gives you character, I give you only consciousness. The society teaches you to live a conformist life ... I give you an invitation to go on an adventure." - Osho

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:17 pm 

Altair wrote:
fufe wrote:
I did some 20 hour days in minus 45, I knew what I wanted and a little pain and discomfort wasnt gonna stop me from I said was gonna happen.
I can imagine spend time working on something that I enjoy and is not physically exhausting (I did draw for 12 hours once, and probably could do more), I can imagine painting a wall for whole day, but physical labor you did.. Props to you, man

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:37 pm 

Thanks man, I HATED every minute of it though lol.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:58 pm 

The Kidd!! wrote:
Morpheus wrote:
Not yet.

But I'm still LIGHT YEARS ahead of my peers (outside the forum)
...and those steak eaters should NEVER be the standard by which you measure yourself...never become complacent because your Kung Fu is leagues better than theirs...your goal should be to be able to stand toe to toe with me in sparring match one day and completely hold your own without me holding back...

[ img ]

Aspire to it. :ugeek:
Beautiful

3Hearingstoriesabouttheirgrandparents,madethesonsintogreatsons.Allgreatheroesadoredheroeswhotheyregardedas 13xGreater thanthemselves-theGreatBeingsoftheFuturesPast-totheirlastbreath. :geek:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:39 am 
Altair wrote:
Thanks man, I HATED every minute of it though lol.
Don't forget to couple your education with networking.

It is crucial.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:04 am 

Well, I have been back two weeks or so and there's lots happening.

Got a place, I didn't get to meet the people I would be living with beforehand who are all students...so I made some reads based on the showing of the house and the feeling I got from the landlord. This was also the only place where they were reasonable on the lease term.

I couldn't calculate all the variables with certainty but needed a place and this was the best option.

The oldest one is mid 20s and we get along pretty well just based off a little more life experience...funny how much I used to hate hearing that word but it kinda makes sense a little more now. Just agree on the fact that we should be organized in not leaving the place a mess and that it's always better to go to a party than throw one...bc cleaning up sucks :lol:

The next one is 20 and we get along well too.

The other room mate currently is the youngest at 18 and seems alright I guess. He seems very preoccupied with how he seems to others, we get along well due to the fact that I auto cloak all the time, but I can see that if he learns too much about me his ego will engage. So I plan on staying under the radar, on that.

He is for sure the one I need to keep an eye on though, I sense a lot of commonalities between him and my room mate that had the Great Dane. He's kinda an "alpha male" in the terms that we talk about here, needs to be the center of attention and be the toughest etc.

There is some interesting stuff going on though, like this girl who is supposedly "really hot" came to check the place out and is now moving in. She's 19 but she came to one of his parties in the fall so definitely knew who was here and such...and two of his friends from school came to check out the place..the guy in his mid 20s said he sounded surprised when they came to check out the place but I don't buy it...my gut tells me this whole thing was by design and they just came to the showing as a formality....it seems to organized. :ugeek:.

I just need to continue to pay attention so I can navigate this dynamic chessboard. It's going to be quite interesting and I look forward to seeing how this plays out. Now that I am focused and watching 8-) .

In other news I crammed 30% of a semester of pre calculus in 4 days lol....my tutor said he hasn't ever taught anyone that much in that short of time before (he's a retired teacher)

And the coach at the gym I go to four times a week said that he wants to get me in some fights after I get trained (boxing) if I go to school here. So that's pretty exciting, also completely cut processed food from my diet except for one cheat day a week. Just eat completely clean.

Anyways, fun times...just wanted to share.