Natural Freedom

Forum for the natural awakening and self-realization of men
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:20 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 5:13 pm 

We talk always about the application of space in terms of relations to women. Since the forum is about the whole lifestyle overhaul, I've looked at other areas to apply the space concept.

We recently remodeled the office/cubicle area at my workplace. I used to have a ton of physical space, now I have very little. Crammed like a fucking sardine, simply to give 2 people offices (both women) to the determent of everyone else in the dept. :x However, it has forced me to become more organized with my paperwork, files, etc. So by having less physical space, it has made me more efficiently, because I can find stuff faster, only keep what I really need at the desk (especially since all the files are electronic anyway), and print less paper.

The biggest use has been the wardrobe. The whole adage of you wear 20% of your clothes. Mind you, I don't have many clothes, but even still I have been shocked how much I have donated to the salvation army. T-shirts, shoes, jeans, dress shits, slacks, etc. Stuff that is just sitting in my closet that I haven't worn for years.

I've become a believer you get what you pay for. I read on Kinowear's website that only 5% of off the rack clothing is actually wearable. As an example, trying to find a proper fit dress shirt for me is a nightmare. I'm quite tall (6'3"), but very thin. So most dress shirts (even slim fit ones) I have to get tailored, because the mid-section is too bulky. If I were to tuck the shirt in, the shirt would simply mushroom over my belt. :lol:

So I've been building the wardrobe with versatile pieces with neutral colors (greys, browns, blues) and focusing on quality pieces. I no longer see clothes as an expense, but as an investment in myself. So if it fits flawless and I know I will wear it, then I purchase it.

To me it's all about value or cost per use. I love quality dress shoes. I used to spend $100 for synthetic leather shoes. They would wear out in 6-12 months and I'd have to buy another pair. The real leather shoes are 3x as much in terms of cost, but they fit much better, and since I value them more, I take much better care of them too. The proof is in the pudding, they just FEEL different.

Less clutter in the apartment, less clutter in life.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 3:06 pm 

AlexJ wrote:
Less clutter in the apartment, less clutter in life.

[ img ]