Natural Freedom

Forum for the natural awakening and self-realization of men
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:31 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:32 am 

I just sold my brand new PlayStation 4 Battlefield Bundle to a fellow. Was sad to see it go, but maybe I'll see another one in the near future; maybe when Watch Dogs comes out.

The fellow who bought it was a complete stranger who replied to my ad. Comes in on a motorcycle to pick it up. We make the deal and talk about the system a little bit. He was cool enough to take it out and I got my first glimpse of it.
(I've read there's some "dead" systems out there, so I told him he's got my number if that ends up being the fact, but it's a shame SONY let that happen; takes away from their reputation for quality IMO.)

After the deal is made, we talk about bikes. We talked about bikes for what ended up being an hour. Mid-way in our conversation his friend called him up asking him where the hell he was.

I learned a good deal about bikes from him and it was enough for me to write this up right now.

The gent who's name with be anonymous was telling me his story and experience. How he went to college for graphic design, became tired of office work, but loved bikes. Decided he would start working on them. Knew little, but began to learn on his own; he learned from the bottom-up. He fabricated his own seat, learned to weld (currently learning w/ aluminum in which is said is extremely difficult, took parts from new bikes and fitted them to his 1980 CX Honda 500cc. He did it all, or at least as much as he could possibly do.

From all that I took away...there's so much more to living then pussy/sex/women/hot-ass/partying! It hit me like that. I been focused so much on women that I denied myself other areas of interest.

Will be looking forward to what other areas of hobbies I pick up as I empty out the "dating" storage that has been taking up so much space in my skull.

Funny thing, in our conversation at one point I felt a crazy sense of deja-vu; absolutely like this same things has happened before now or in a different life. Gave me chills!

Anyways, just want to drop my thoughts and let others who are too deep into this realize it before too much time goes by. Women are nice, but there not that nice.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:35 am 

Disclaimer: The stuff here is ridiculously great! TheKidds!! and others here posts some bonafide wisdom and knowledge that can change your life. Hands down it has influenced great changes in my life!

What I meant by putting down the "dating" game, was merely putting much less focus on it then what I was doing before. And, what I was doing before was just plain unhealthy and irresponsible, but hey "live n learn". :D

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:27 am 

TheDude wrote:
Women are nice, but there not that nice.
Not even nice :lol:

What people preach here is, more or less, exactly what you wrote;
Quote:
there's so much more to living then pussy/sex/women/hot-ass/partying!
So really, there's not even any need to make a disclaimer because you got the message that they are trying to impart as far as I'm concerned :)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:32 am 

Bravo TheDude

You `get it´ ( :idea: ) when you are ready for it.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:54 pm 
Site Admin

[ img ]

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:49 pm 
Site Admin

Rolan wrote:
Quote:
there's so much more to living then pussy/sex/women/hot-ass/partying!
So really, there's not even any need to make a disclaimer because you got the message that they are trying to impart as far as I'm concerned :)
Very well said Rolan :D

In building a statue, a sculptor doesn't keep adding clay to his subject.He keeps chiseling away at the inessentials until the truth of its creation is revealed without obstructions. Perfection is not when there is no more to add,but no more to take away.