Forum for the natural awakening and self-realization of men
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:41 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:30 pm 
Site Admin

Leo wrote:
'Can I take you up on that one night offer?'
'Sure, I'm free on X night, come on over at Y time'

In building a statue, a sculptor doesn't keep adding clay to his subject.He keeps chiseling away at the inessentials until the truth of its creation is revealed without obstructions. Perfection is not when there is no more to add,but no more to take away.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:11 pm 

peregrinus wrote:
Leo wrote:
Leo is working up to it... :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:44 pm 
The Kidd!! wrote:
She's broke and homeless...shit is elementary. :lol:
Exactly. I was trying to find the words to express my thoughts so clearly. Often times we give heavy analysis to situations where things go wrong. Sometimes there isn't need for such analysis.
peregrinus wrote:
Leo wrote:
Related to both statements. I was just talking with a broke and homeless girl. Leo, their situation isn't as bad as you think. Often times they have men and family members more than willing to pick up their slack.

Question: Why has it crossed no one's mind or not been mentioned that the woman could have found another guy in the midst of this. She just flat out said the terms don't work for her. I smell power, and where there is power there are options.

Back to the example, I got into the same situation as you Leo. However, I started querying her about what she was hiding. After I was satisfied with her answers, I said, "I'll see you if chance happens to throw our paths together."

I just let it go.

Question: What is the uniformity of the Mirror? Roark proposed that she could be mirroring Leo by using him for ego validation (highly likely because of women's vanity that she wants to feel sexy because her status is tied to her beauty in the matrix and her true status is dismal) but it doesn't seem congruous for ego validation to match up with sex if the ego validation is not stemming from sex. Could someone break down how I should be thinking about the mirror or point me to a thread because Roark has blown my mind again.

Last second thought: That parenthetical phrase should be a sentence of its own and outside of parenthesis.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:01 am 

Slim Titan wrote:
Could someone break down how I should be thinking about the mirror or point me to a thread because Roark has blown my mind again.
Search for the word mirror on the forum. The word by itself, no explanation, pops up in many threads, but there'll be a few posts with examples of this in action. Also search for a story Dali (I think) posted called "The Mirror Rule" that describes an example of it beautifully.

The MO on this site is to be self-sufficient, and rightly so, so Kidd!! & 'Grinus would be well within their rights to come down on me HARD for spoon-feeding like this, except that I don't think it helps much in this case:

I only started to understand what I consider "The Mirror That Life Really Is" when I started letting go on specific issues that bothered or upset me (plenty of threads on that topic too). For example, every time I truly released (another term that means more than at first glance ;) ) being pissed off by a particular personality type, I found that subsequently people with that personality type started to avoid me, or would interact with me without bringing that personality out, and in some cases would even start to cooperate with me, help me out, etc.

Another interesting thing that seems to happen is that sometimes this personality type would confront me even more obnoxiously, totally in my fucking face. Once I started seeing these events as practice thrown at me by life to help me sharpen my sword - so to speak - my progress towards being able to see the mirror and experience the above really accelerated.

I still have much work to do in this area - in fact I think it's a lifelong practice in itself - but once I started doing the above, everything about what is said about the mirror on this forum started falling into place really quickly.

But I had to EXPERIENCE it for myself for it to really make sense. Reading only went so far for me. Others may have come to it in different ways though, and that's fine by me......

[EDIT: In addition to the above :
Slim Titan wrote:
What is the uniformity of the Mirror?

I've said this on the forum before, but if you stand in front of a mirror and raise your right arm, is your REFLECTION raising it's RIGHT arm as well? A mirror image can be complementary as well ;) .]

"Temet Nosce"

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:53 am 

peregrinus wrote:
Leo wrote:
I just did this;

'I'll consider it'

and then a week later;

'I'm in town from X day to X day, we'll meet then'.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:38 am 

Slim Titan wrote:

Related to both statements. I was just talking with a broke and homeless girl. Leo, their situation isn't as bad as you think. Often times they have men and family members more than willing to pick up their slack.
Oh, sure, but to clarify I was meaning within the prism of the 'Matrix' as a whole, rich or poor.

I never really believed it, but when I see what's going on around me, whether that be with friends, girlfriends or my own Mother and sisters, I am inclined to state that they are in a worse situation. Of course there are pro's and con's to both of the sexes predicaments, but with Men perhaps, possibly experiencing something of a 'Feminist movement' of our own, then...well, I can't think of one reason why I'd want to be a women today.
Quote:
Question: Why has it crossed no one's mind or not been mentioned that the woman could have found another guy in the midst of this. She just flat out said the terms don't work for her. I smell power, and where there is power there are options.
Possibly, who knows. She's very good at it. It's not my concern though. In anycase, I think regardless of any other guy, she still had a through line of intent which was ego validation.
Quote:
Back to the example, I got into the same situation as you Leo. However, I started querying her about what she was hiding. After I was satisfied with her answers, I said, "I'll see you if chance happens to throw our paths together."
You queried out loud? What's the point, they're transparent enough. Not even they know why they do what they do.

Quote:
Question: What is the uniformity of the Mirror? Roark proposed that she could be mirroring Leo by using him for ego validation (highly likely because of women's vanity that she wants to feel sexy because her status is tied to her beauty in the matrix and her true status is dismal) but it doesn't seem congruous for ego validation to match up with sex if the ego validation is not stemming from sex. Could someone break down how I should be thinking about the mirror or point me to a thread because Roark has blown my mind again.
As Roark wrote, a mirror can be complimentary as much as it can be uncomplimentary. In general, what you see in others is what you see within yourself. For example, this one is a manipulative little girl. I've always known that. Why does this specific trait of hers get to me? Because I am also that(manipulative, not a little girl). Mirrors aren't always direct reflections though, because when you raise your left hand in the mirror, your reflection is raising the right hand. They can be diametrically opposed, yet the same.

Not to mention, the girl is a mess now. Broke, homeless, drinks alot, takes drugs, has put on weight(according to a friend). I didn't realise this at the time that she initially texted me. I don't drink, no drugs, I workout, eat well, look good, have some stability in my finances etc. I'm not saying i'm fully resolved, but I believe I have surpassed her.

When we were dating? Although I was still healthy(no drink, drugs etc), I was inwardly an emotional wreck at that point. She was fine. so I've gone on without her, improved, whilst she has degenerated. Now that I know this, I can stop thinking with my dick which I have historically always done(and it get's you in trouble folks).

The mirror concept is quite simple. Experiences that you have, and obviously the people within them, show your inner world as it really is. As within, so without.

The difference here is that, although she is showing a mirror to me, I can assimilate it better than I used to. In days gone by I would have chased the bitch and symped, or reacted with anger and cruelty. Now...well, I recongnised that my feeling toward it is, although not indifferent, more objective. Thus, I see it for what it is and don't take too much offence. And I can also cut her out of my life for good without remorse. I'm also meeting a better quality of women these days, this example more or less an exception, and so I have evidence of some inner change in the outer world. Not just with women either.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:15 pm 
Site Admin

roark wrote:
The MO on this site is to be self-sufficient, and rightly so, so Kidd!! & 'Grinus would be well within their rights to come down on me HARD for spoon-feeding like this, except that I don't think it helps much in this case:
Carry on.

Every now and then I find myself shaking my head at some of your posts.

At other times, I find myself nodding enthusiastically. This is one of those times.

In building a statue, a sculptor doesn't keep adding clay to his subject.He keeps chiseling away at the inessentials until the truth of its creation is revealed without obstructions. Perfection is not when there is no more to add,but no more to take away.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:35 pm 

Same as above 8-)

Pimposophy Revisited is now finally available on Amazon in all territories!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:54 pm 

roark wrote:
[EDIT: In addition to the above :
Slim Titan wrote:
What is the uniformity of the Mirror?

I've said this on the forum before, but if you stand in front of a mirror and raise your right arm, is your REFLECTION raising it's RIGHT arm as well? A mirror image can be complementary as well ;) .]
So they do esentialy the same thing as me but... the other way around.. somehow?! :?
I don't understand how this translates to real life.
I thought people just did as you did, the mirror-inverted thing got me confused :|
Mind to explain Roark?

EDIT: Okay, I think I got it :D

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:16 pm 

"Look at your eyes. They are small, but they see enormous things."

Mirror is another name for the Law of Correspondence

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:55 pm 

A lot of overthinking in this thread. Revert to Kidd and G's posts for some simplicity.

A wise man once said "I find that a duck's opinion of me is influenced by whether or not I have bread."

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:00 am 

Exceptional Leo!

Look at how much you've written!

Have a gold Star!

Let's see what we've got here...

Leo wrote:
I'm going to try and be brief here so I may miss out a few things, but a nice little eye opener has called me thus;

In 2012 I was with a girl for 6 months. First 2 months were great(when I was totally indifferent), and then when she started demanding MOAR, things changed. I naturally declined her invitations of co-habitation and demands to meet my whoke fuckin' family :lol: But I kept her on anyway in spite of my better judgement; such was my enslavement to the penis and sympish need for companionship!

Not going to lie; I wasn't always tight during these months, and the inner symp surfaced at the last. In GENERAL, however, I was ok. Sex was through the roof, but as the months went on she realised I wasn't going to give anywhere near what she wanted - to be the centre of my world, family, financial stability, to be treated like a princess - the usual.

Eventually she got bored(her words) and left me. My reaction was a little loose to say the least. Anyhow, within weeks she was with another guy(who, incidentally, paid for her to go on holiday with him within weeks of dating). I reasoned that I didn't really have any true grievances with her, despite a bruised ego.

We met up a few months later, whereby she disclosed that her sex life was like the Antarctic wildnerness. As a joke I emailed her and offered, in the name of friendship, one night only of some good lovin'. She took it much more seriously than I presumed she would, and respectfully declined, probably with a facial expression like this :|

I laugh it off, we part ways, I TOTALLY FORGET about her.

A year goes by. She's broken up with her BF, who over the course of their year together proved himself to be a wreck of a man and yada yada yada. She's broke and homeless. So I get the text;

:roll:

'I'll consider it''.

Naturally I'm suspicious, but I am just too damn curious about people and I reason to myself that although she's full of shit, I'll make some prising attempts to ascertain her motives; don't get me wrong here, I do still hold attraction for her - but I'm beginning to see it as some form of attachment due to the fact that she left me. I'm not sure I'd feel the same had the roles been reversed.

Anyhow, I tell her we will commence negotiations and to state her terms;

'I don't know, play it by ear. I just want to see you really. I miss the intimacy and fantasy'.

I see where this is going. She's stretching the original terms of my offer and engaging with the idea emotionally. Nontheless she proceeds to email me all the things that she wishes to do with me, which were filthy, outrageous, and frankly I'm shocked that women actually think this way :lol: . I was toying with the idea of fucking her again; I'm more interested in seeing through the whole charade than getting my end away, but If I could do both then I would.

A week goes by and I agree to meet her in the city. We exchange messages and I make it clear, whilst not explicitly stating, that things are on my terms, and that she has to pick me up, when I want, and the time that is convenient for me. Since women respond to orders very well, she complies without any resistance.

Turns out things weren't really on my terms :roll: She sent me a message earlier, which went a little something like this; 'Y'know I don't know if I really do want to have sex. I really do want to hang out though, like buddies'.

I'm not surprised. I actually don't know whether she wants to fuck or not, but due to my improving mindset and newfound abundance of women coming into my life, I find myself unemotional and unaffected by it. It no longer surprises me the ways in which they manipulate their environment and people around them with the goal of ego validation and social dominance. Women have become a casual, objective experiment to me, and this is just a further unfolding of my research. I definitely made a few mistakes within this whole interaction but I feel the greater understanding I have gleaned surpasses them.

And with every experience I have with women, I gain a deeper understanding of their manipulative nature, and I wonder how it is that I ever thought they deserved any significant attention at all. I've also come to realise that their predicament in the Matrix is far worse than ours, atleast from where I'm seeing it right now.

I haven't replied to her yet. Maybe I won't, unless I feel like getting more out of this particular lesson. To summarise, I got played a little here but I'm happy that I got to see through the matter.

.....12....13...maybe 14?

about 13 paragraphs give or take.

You do realise, don't you, that all this:
Quote:

We met up a few months later, whereby she disclosed that her sex life was like the Antarctic wildnerness. As a joke I emailed her and offered, in the name of friendship, one night only of some good lovin'. She took it much more seriously than I presumed she would, and respectfully declined, probably with a facial expression like this :|

I laugh it off, we part ways, I TOTALLY FORGET about her.

A year goes by. She's broken up with her BF, who over the course of their year together proved himself to be a wreck of a man and yada yada yada. She's broke and homeless. So I get the text;

:roll:

'I'll consider it''.

Naturally I'm suspicious, but I am just too damn curious about people and I reason to myself that although she's full of shit, I'll make some prising attempts to ascertain her motives; don't get me wrong here, I do still hold attraction for her - but I'm beginning to see it as some form of attachment due to the fact that she left me. I'm not sure I'd feel the same had the roles been reversed.

Anyhow, I tell her we will commence negotiations and to state her terms;

'I don't know, play it by ear. I just want to see you really. I miss the intimacy and fantasy'.

I see where this is going. She's stretching the original terms of my offer and engaging with the idea emotionally. Nontheless she proceeds to email me all the things that she wishes to do with me, which were filthy, outrageous, and frankly I'm shocked that women actually think this way :lol: . I was toying with the idea of fucking her again; I'm more interested in seeing through the whole charade than getting my end away, but If I could do both then I would.

A week goes by and I agree to meet her in the city. We exchange messages and I make it clear, whilst not explicitly stating, that things are on my terms, and that she has to pick me up, when I want, and the time that is convenient for me. Since women respond to orders very well, she complies without any resistance.

Turns out things weren't really on my terms :roll: She sent me a message earlier, which went a little something like this; 'Y'know I don't know if I really do want to have sex. I really do want to hang out though, like buddies'.

I'm not surprised. I actually don't know whether she wants to fuck or not, but due to my improving mindset and newfound abundance of women coming into my life, I find myself unemotional and unaffected by it. It no longer surprises me the ways in which they manipulate their environment and people around them with the goal of ego validation and social dominance. Women have become a casual, objective experiment to me, and this is just a further unfolding of my research. I definitely made a few mistakes within this whole interaction but I feel the greater understanding I have gleaned surpasses them.

And with every experience I have with women, I gain a deeper understanding of their manipulative nature, and I wonder how it is that I ever thought they deserved any significant attention at all. I've also come to realise that their predicament in the Matrix is far worse than ours, atleast from where I'm seeing it right now.

I haven't replied to her yet. Maybe I won't, unless I feel like getting more out of this particular lesson. To summarise, I got played a little here but I'm happy that I got to see through the matter

was perpetuated by this:
Quote:
My reaction was a little loose to say the least.

and say the least you did.

As least as you possibly could say. Actually, you did mention something about an inner symp or something. No detail of course. Don't wanna look too bad in front of your faceless online know better friends.

Since you've taken the effort to ensure that no one here actually knows what you did wrong, no can give you any specific advice, like, don't do this next time, or do this.

Just pick some principles, stick to them and be consistent with them. Change them when your principles evolve.

You can perform this task by yourself. There is nothing wrong with expressing an interest in anything (hint) as long as it doesn't go against your principles. If it goes by your own personal constitution; do it. If not don't do it. However, you get to write that document. No one else.

That's as simple as it gets really.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:08 am 

Principles are not personal; they are universal.
Principles govern, one´s values align to them or not.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:18 am 

He gets to pick what's true for him.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:24 am 

Scarf wrote:
He gets to pick what's true for him.
Yes. To be free is to be at the level of choice.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 2:09 pm 

Scarf wrote:
Exceptional Leo!

Look at how much you've written!

Have a gold Star!

Let's see what we've got here...

So, I won't address your pedantic and condescending attitude other than to highlight it. I expect better than this nonsense, which adds nothing.
Quote:
and say the least you did.

As least as you possibly could say. Actually, you did mention something about an inner symp or something. No detail of course. Don't wanna look too bad in front of your faceless online know better friends.

Since you've taken the effort to ensure that no one here actually knows what you did wrong, no can give you any specific advice, like, don't do this next time, or do this.
Well, I wouldn't want to make it 15, maybe even 16 paragraphs would I Scarf? How about this - I include what I feel is pertinent to the thread.

The 'reaction' I briefly alluded to doesn't need any advice at all thanks, since I know exactly what I did 'wrong'(a whole year ago). It needs no expansion.

Thanks for taking the time to post the last few paragraphs though, they have been noted and assimilated.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:51 am 

:lol: Both of you just need to move along. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 5:35 pm 

Leo wrote:
I include what I feel is pertinent to the thread.
Quote:
I expect better than this nonsense, which adds nothing.
Relax, Leo.

It's much worse than you think.

I've been talking about this for a very long time from other posters:

This is just one example:

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=2037&p=18542&hilit=skim#p18542

Since it's raining so heavily, I'll have a go at explaining why.

From the moment you start interacting with a woman, especially when it's romantic/possible romantic encounter, she takes into account, consciously or unconsciously, every single thing that you do, act, the tone of your voice, your body language and finally what you say. From this, she compiles a database profile on you. if the interaction is long and frequent enough, she then takes her profile and discusses it with significant others for your assessment.

One the profiles have been compiled she then adopts an attitude by which she will conduct her behaviour with you. This is subject to change at any given moment based on your behaviour. Once you behave differently, that goes into the memory bank which consists largely of three things:

1) All of your positive points

2) All of your negative points (if any)

3) The Total Sum Assessment of your points

When anybody gives an account of an interaction with a woman, those people who know what they're looking for are looking for the woman's assessment of you. From this perspective, It actually doesn't matter what you did or didn't do. It matters what her assessment is of you. That is what people are trying to gauge. It will not be perfect every time but the more information is given, the more easier it is to predict the behaviour and thought patterns of the particular individual. Anybody who has been in multiple types of situations will know that most scenarios play out very consistently.

That's why a story is never about any individual person. It's about the interaction. The interaction has a life of it's own. It is a creative force by itself. In effect, the interaction is the sum total of all previous encounters and carries on from the very last point that you left it.

If her any of her interaction with you turns into a more positive one, she will remember all of the positive points and it will be relative to the Total Sum.

If any of her interactions with you turn into a more negative one, she will remember all the negative points about you and it will be relative to the Total Sum.

That's a very small basic explanation. And that's why the detail is important.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:24 am 
Site Admin

I like it when it is raining around you Scarf

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:37 am 

Quote:
'Y'know I don't know if I really do want to have sex. I really do want to hang out though, like buddies'.
to me, screams she wants sex, she's just preemptively letting herself off the hook were it to happen. And roark's original reply had some real gems in there.