Natural Freedom

Forum for the natural awakening and self-realization of men
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:41 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 4:16 pm 

Revisiting this thread and I completely agree with scarf. I will keep it mind next time I post a situational thread.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:57 am 

I want to expand on my last post, because reading through this again clarified somethings for me and maybe it's valuable to others.

Scarf's message about members leaving out the most important part of the stories, themselves, resonated with me more and made me think of a few other things I've experienced on my own.

Two possible frames I see this as is, I'm either sharing a story to learn from others or I'm sharing to blow my own horn.

If I'm posting to learn from others and get different opinions then the the most important details will be about myself, what I did, how I felt, what my thoughts where, etc. The others in the story would be secondary details. All eyes are on ME.

If I'm choosing to instead blow my own horn and not share details about myself and what I did I see that as hiding behind a blanket. I've closed myself off from learning by leaving out details of myself. It's become more important to look cool than to be vulnerable and get feedback.

Two very different frames to come from and which lead down very different roads. Hopefully will keep this in mind next time I post a story of my own.