Natural Freedom

Forum for the natural awakening and self-realization of men
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:54 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Mr. Richard
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:37 am 

Yesterday, after finishing my acrobatics training earlier than usual, because I was so darn hungry I headed to my favorite bakery not more than a few blocks away.

I arrive there and I see my friend and her boyfriend sitting there. Chit chat with them, until they take off.

I order my Pizza and it's still not ready, so I head back outside, because it's been pretty darn nice where I live recently.

A bench spot is open, but there's a fellow in his 70's sitting there, well dressed in a black suit, white hair, glasses, and an opened up collared shirt.
He was really sitting there and observing.

I politely ask, "Mind if I take a seat?".

"Not at all", was his reply.

I unload my backpack and sit. After a little bit of time I look over a the words, "How long have you been living here for?", come out of my mouth.

The conversation started.

Hold on...

It's worth telling everyone how my state of mind was before chatting with Mr. Richard.
I've been doing push-ups regularly, re-reading things here, and dealing with things as they come.
Also, school has really turned up the heat this year and it's been difficult to find some breathing time for myself.
On top of that work has been consistent every week.
So...I wasn't very grounded and alive to put it nicely. The world looked a bit dark and gloomy in my eyes at that time.

The conversation...

We talked about our generation gap. I let him know I was born in 1990 and he reciprocated and told me he was born in 1942 before the War. Holy crap! :shock:

We chatted about life back then and life now. I was the curious one, asking questions and listening. It's interesting to listen to a person who's seen so much compared to my 23 years. He's seen things changed, the internet be born, people pass away, wars happen, and so on. I was truly the lucky one listening to it all.

I told him of my view(s) of technology. I believe that technology has made the masses more susebtible to become lazy.
Put aside the huge advancements of social media and connection between different parts of the world.
I agree with that though, technology in that regard has been SUPERBLY beneficial to almost everyone and our species.

He joked with me about how lucky I was to have "save" buttons on the computer.
How I can make multiple copies of papers.
How I can surf the web for information.

He then told me how he had to retype his (the word started with a "D", but I can't remember, sounded like an important college/business document) many times, because there was no copier machine back in his time. It was that or carbon copies he said.

I was into this conversation A LOT!

"TheDude, your pizza is ready!"

I disregarded that announcement and continued our conversation.

At this time I felt a part of me holding onto Mr. Richard as a way of "helping me better myself".
I was holding onto him, or the idea of him.
I noticed it and dealt with it.

I ventured our conversation to a more spiritual direction, because I felt he was on that path.
This is where it got interesting!

I asked him about his early years and life back then.
He brought up the 60's and that time.
Naturally I asked about the substances back then, and he causally said, "Oh yeah, I did a lot of LSD back then". :lol:

Our conversation progressed more on that topic, but not about getting loaded, but more of what it showed him.

Religion and God came up. He said:

"That's the problem, people need to stop believing in something up there or anywhere, and start believing in themselves and asking from themselves."
Sounds like this place w/o the talk of God though.

I took that in.
My clustered head was beginning to feel more spacious.

We chatted about humans being the only animal to do harm to this world. He mentioned he no longer looks at animals as animals, but as more people. I understand why...we separate ourselves with labels, but we all really come from the same place, this ground and place Earth.

I then brought up how I found it a bit difficult to find genuine connections with people my age. He didn't agree, but was listening.

"TheDude, your pizza is ready!". I went and grabbed it and came back to the bench.

Typing this now I realize I was projecting a bit about not finding a genuine connection.
It's only hard to make connections, because I'm making it hard.
It's been mentioned many times here by the WISE.
There is NO spoon.

To compliment the above, we talked about how we are sitting here talking, and we look outside and there's people walking around everywhere. Inside their heads there is a whole different world with problems and worries and other things.

He said to that, "Yeah, makes you wonder if there's really any problems."

:lol: I chuckled at this, but it was a nervous chuckle, because inside I knew it was the truth.

How crazy is it the things we put ourselves through??
If only we took some time to be aware of why we do what we do.

I let him know bits and pieces of my journey.
From what I said I'm sure he could sense my struggle vibrating out.
I talked about seeking the truth and he asked:

"Why, do you dilute yourself?"

I do. I do, because I'm not hardy enough at times to face the truth, but I'm not one to back down and quit.

Our conversation came to an end, as both of us had other places to be.

He turned to me and said, "TheDude you brightened up my day, thank you.". That surprised me, because he was the one who brightened up my day.

We parted ways, but exchanged numbers to meet again at the bakery for some grub another time.

What a day that was! :mrgreen:

Post subject: Re: Mr. Richard
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:43 am 

To add...

I noticed then and again that when a pretty girl walked by Mr. Richard he would glance there way.
It wasn't an "old man I'm horny look", but it was more of a taking in of the view and enjoying it.

This man was married and had no problem with what he was doing. He saw I could see him looking, but that did not change his demeanor, he was enjoying the view. What a guy! 8-)

Made me rethink of my ways...and by that I mean my ways when I see a pretty girl I'm drawn to walk by me.
I would usually look straight and ignore them, but many times I was ACTING that way.
It wasn't a genuine indifference.
I was seeking a reaction.
EGO.
:lol: Sneaky bastard it is!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:18 am 

D word was probably 'dissertation'. 8-)

Pimposophy Revisited is now finally available on Amazon in all territories!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:20 am 

The Kidd!! wrote:
D word was probably 'dissertation'. 8-)
Bingo! :lol:
How do you know all the answers Wise One? ;)
Quote:
dis·ser·ta·tion
ˌdisərˈtāSHən
noun
1. a long essay on a particular subject, esp. one written as a requirement for the Doctor of Philosophy degree.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:35 am 

[ img ]

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:12 am 

Great story, TheDude.

This is not the first time you've posted a story about connecting with a stranger. Sweet. :D

"Temet Nosce"

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:58 am 

Everything & everyone is already connected, so no one has to
"break ice" with anyone, or try to connect. Just bring yourself
as you are, come with nothing at all.

Yes the ego can be sneaky. It´s not evil/good though, ego is limited.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:57 am 

:lol: Pulling out Kanye.

Appreciate it roark...it isn't. Now it seems to come more often and that's because I'm becoming more open. I'm sure you can relate to that..right?

Actually, at the same bakery a while back after a great night of enjoyment I was there sitting and a enjoying another tasty snack.

A really attractive women in her 30's or 40's sits down. Really business city type. I remember commenting on some things she had with her and we chatted.

I can't remember if she had a ring or not, but our conversation was vibrant.
It was RAW energy that we both exposed.
I let her see into me and she let me see into her.
It was beautiful and sexy, because she showed her femininity to me.
We weren't hiding behind anything.

I remember when she began to leave and our conversation ended, she paused to look at me and take it all in one last time. She smiled, I smiled, and she went off. :mrgreen:

I'm sure I could of said something, but I didn't.

I'm not some super suave guy that seduces women regularly either.
It was just a result from introspection and a genuine connection of two people being real in that moment.
That's why it was so sexy!
Thinking back on it now...mhmmm. :D

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:58 am 

Jared wrote:

Interesting person you are Jared. :D

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:44 am 

TheDude wrote:
Interesting person you are Jared. :D
ThX TheDude,

Enjoyed reading the well analyzed Mr.Richard story.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:59 am 

I always have to re-read Jared's posts a few times.
Jared wrote:

Lovely.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:31 pm 
Site Admin

TheDude wrote:
After a little bit of time I look over and the words, "How long have you been living here for?", come out of my mouth.

So simple, so easy.
TheDude wrote:
A really attractive women in her 30's or 40's sits down. Really business city type. I remember commenting on some things she had with her and we chatted.
So simple, so easy.

In building a statue, a sculptor doesn't keep adding clay to his subject.He keeps chiseling away at the inessentials until the truth of its creation is revealed without obstructions. Perfection is not when there is no more to add,but no more to take away.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:00 am 

TheDude wrote:
I'm sure you can relate to that..right?
;)
TheDude wrote:
because she showed her femininity to me.
TheDude wrote:
I remember when she began to leave and our conversation ended, she paused to look at me and take it all in one last time. She smiled, I smiled, and she went off. :mrgreen:
I wouldn't be surprised if, at some point during the interaction, maybe at the end, something about her face could have given you the impression of an adorable little girl, as opposed to a mature, professionally accomplished, goal-oriented businesswoman. I don't mean physical changes in her face/expression/body language (these would happen too), more of a 'glow', an impression rather than something you could describe with words.

Of course, if you see this, get hung up on it, and actively seek it out, you'll chase it away. But you know that. :)
TheDude wrote:
I'm sure I could of said something, but I didn't.
Good!!! Treeeeeeeeeeeeee :mrgreen: . If you don't get this reference, search the site for 'tree' (copyright 2010 - 2013 'Grinus Inc.) :lol: .
TheDude wrote:
It was just a result from introspection and a genuine connection of two people being real in that moment.
And the irony is that the two genders are NATURALLY DESIGNED to be attractive to one another, but many of the behaviours we (both dudes & chicks) adopt in order to 'improve' our 'marketability' actually obscures this perfect design. :lol:

Edit: Thanks to 'Grinus for "So simple, so easy." That seems like a basic comment, but looking at it more than a couple times seems to have burned it into my forehead as a handy reminder for while i'm out in the world.
And Jared, that post was fucking wonderful.

"Temet Nosce"

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:08 am 

peregrinus wrote:
TheDude wrote:
After a little bit of time I look over and the words, "How long have you been living here for?", come out of my mouth.

So simple, so easy.
TheDude wrote:
So simple, so easy.
Before the invention of the wheel I remember struggling to start a conversation with anyone...
"what do I say", "what if they don't want to talk to me" , blah blah blah.
Interestingly enough, the most enjoyable conversations our when my minds is quiet and there is no thought of, "what to say next".
Being in the moment, open, and observing is the place!

roark wrote:
I wouldn't be surprised if, at some point during the interaction, maybe at the end, something about her face could have given you the impression of an adorable little girl, as opposed to a mature, professionally accomplished, goal-oriented businesswoman. I don't mean physical changes in her face/expression/body language (these would happen too), more of a 'glow', an impression rather than something you could describe with words.
I can remember as if both of us where glowing and in a bubble.
I can see what you mean by "adorable little girl" reference.
Kids in general are so alive, present and open that its contagious...hence many people love being around kids, because it softens up their hard shells and gives them back the feeling of being alive.
Also, I see this in dogs...present, in the moment, and do as they feel. "Hey! Who is this guy?? I want to go smell him!" :lol:

roark wrote:
Good!!! Treeeeeeeeeeeeee :mrgreen: . If you don't get this reference, search the site for 'tree' (copyright 2010 - 2013 'Grinus Inc.) :lol: .
:lol: I'm gonna go off a limb and say, "BE LIKE A TREE", final answer roark for all the marbles in the pot.

Thinking back, I have a feeling if I didn't have that thought of saying anything to "keep her" there, then that would have left more space for her to possible do that. ;)

I also realized now and maybe back then that that thought stemmed from a "gaming mentality" and not from a genuine, "Hey I'd like to see you and do this again".

roark wrote:
And the irony is that the two genders are NATURALLY DESIGNED to be attractive to one another, but many of the behaviours we (both dudes & chicks) adopt in order to 'improve' our 'marketability' actually obscures this perfect design. :lol:[/quote] Well phucking said roark!! My thoughts exactly and more importantly my new view of this entire picture in general.
The more we do, the farther we get from our desires.
Motion in non motion, action in non action. Is grinus here... ;)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:17 pm 

I had a elderly white gentleman (WWI/II vet) sit down with me while I was eating lunch at the local Wholesale Goods store. He told me some wonderful tales of his days in the Navy and the Air Force. We chatted about the current state of affairs regarding the government shutdown and briefly touched on politics. It was a lively conversation that I enjoyed very much...and he seemed to have enjoyed himself as well. :D

It's seemingly random instances like this that let me know that my 'innards' are at peace and that I'm moving in the right direction of self contentedness (if that's a word :lol: ). When you are truly you're own best friend, complete strangers WILL approach you, be it male or female. Your inner calm draws them to you, regardless of your appearance. It's is truly amazing phenomena to experience. :ugeek:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:58 pm 

Kidd, there seems to have been really big change in your writing style and amount you share, did something deep happen recently ? :geek:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:02 pm 

fufe wrote:
Kidd, there seems to have been really big change in your writing style and amount you share, did something deep happen recently ? :geek:
Nope...it's not unusual for me to elaborate on things when I feel like it's appropriate. ;)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:03 pm 

The Kidd!! wrote:
It's seemingly random instances like this that let me know that my 'innards' are at peace and that I'm moving in the right direction of self contentedness (if that's a word :lol: ). When you are truly you're own best friend, complete strangers WILL approach you, be it male or female. Your inner calm draws them to you, regardless of your appearance. It's is truly amazing phenomena to experience. :ugeek:
Sooooo true. Thanks for sharing.

I've noticed from my own time alone and from my interactions that, people love space.
Give them space and they love to unwind in it and just be.

My "being your own best-friend" attribute is gaining experience points and increasing, but has not maxed out yet. ;)

What I've noticed so far is that, when you enjoy your own time (best-friend), you almost become like a drug for others.
They want to spend time with you, because you make them feel good with your presence and vibe.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:20 pm 
Site Admin

I used to travel a lot, so I spent a lot of time in airport lounges, coach and train stations and other such places. Not to mention on the said trains, coaches, ferries, planes and other assorted methods of transportation.

I rarely got beyond a few pages of a book, or a song, or a good observation before someone took it upon themselves to sit next to me and proceed to entertain me until I was ready to depart.

It became a joke, one of disbelief, amongst the co-workers who traveled with me, so much so that they compared notes after trips with me, I was present to hear these discussions on more than a few occasions.

I would just pick a seat somewhere, open a book or sit watching life around me... And before you knew it someone was talking to me..

My colleagues would be there wondering how they were going to pass the time dreading that time when they just had to sit around waiting, I knew that something would come up that would leave me wondering where the time went to, it always seemed to.

In building a statue, a sculptor doesn't keep adding clay to his subject.He keeps chiseling away at the inessentials until the truth of its creation is revealed without obstructions. Perfection is not when there is no more to add,but no more to take away.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:35 am 

Just beautiful and funny too. :D