Natural Freedom

Forum for the natural awakening and self-realization of men
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:36 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Re: A Young Woman
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:31 pm 

Something i'm curious about, Slim:
Slim Titan wrote:
My words exactly, "I think you like me. I don't know how long it's been since you've creased the sheets, but I feel like making a few folds in them with you. I don't know you friends except the one that my friend was talking to, and I don't know her by face. So, it's something we can keep discrete."
Slim Titan wrote:
Her words exactly after laughing, "It hasn't been that long since I creased the sheets, but I am seeing someone right now. However, you can text me. I don't know when I see your friend again, but I'll see you tomorrow. I do like you though."
Slim Titan wrote:
"I can tell you were pretty upset when I left, and I'm sorry if you feel I led you on in anyway. But I don't usually grease the sheets as you called it with anyone on the first night, that's not very classy."
In the first two, it's crease the sheets. But the last one - her text to you, the "c" is replaced with a "g". Was it actually "grease" in her text? Or was it a typo on your part when you posted the story?

The reason I ask is, if SHE'S the one who changed the "c" to a "g", bodily fluids were definitely on her mind ;) .

"Temet Nosce"

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 4:08 am 
It was not a typo. I was wondering when someone would mention that. 8-)

My thoughts exactly Roark. That's part of the reason I wasn't quick to cap on her because in the lines you quoted. It actually seems like she's conflicted.

So I decided to give her incentive instead of bringing the iron to her. I'm glad I buggered up the last part because it would be a shame for her to tell me a week later that she's pregnant. She's early enough to where I wouldn't be able to dispute the child without a dna test and she could stick me with a multi-g court bill to get my name off the birth certificate. :geek:

Also, I don't know how far away she is from going to prison. For the 3rd time she mentioned killing her sister's husband if he leaves her sister. She's said it so seriously. I asked her the first time and she gave a fake laugh and said she wasn't serious. She literally went on about how she thinks she could get away with it too :? .

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:26 pm 
Site Admin

Slim Titan wrote:
My thoughts exactly Roark. That's part of the reason I wasn't quick to cap on her because in the lines you quoted. It actually seems like she's conflicted.
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, quacks like a duck... guess what?

Leakage

In building a statue, a sculptor doesn't keep adding clay to his subject.He keeps chiseling away at the inessentials until the truth of its creation is revealed without obstructions. Perfection is not when there is no more to add,but no more to take away.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 4:19 pm 

Leakage. Exactly. But let's also apply some humility here, in the interest of the truth.

My thoughts are that, yes, bodily fluids were likely on her mind when she wrote the text, but this doesn't necessarily mean that it was Slim she was thinking of in this context (even though she was writing a text to him at the time), does it?

When I think about it, she could've been getting wet for some other dude while writing this text.

I'm writing this in the interest of growth (Slim's, and mine).......

"Temet Nosce"

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:11 pm 
Site Admin

And when she makes similar mistakes with other people, she could be thinking of you and getting wet for you..

In building a statue, a sculptor doesn't keep adding clay to his subject.He keeps chiseling away at the inessentials until the truth of its creation is revealed without obstructions. Perfection is not when there is no more to add,but no more to take away.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:02 pm 

True. Leakage is leakage.

But let's say for example she's acquainted with both Slim & someone else (let's call him Dennis). She's sexually attracted to Dennis, but not to Slim (in this example, she could be consciously aware of this, or not).

- If she makes that slip in a text to Dennis, then yeah Dennis is on her mind in a sexual way while she's texting him.
- But if she makes that slip in a text to Slim, then I figure Dennis is on her mind in a sexual way while she's texting Slim. After all, she isn't sexually attracted to Slim.

Unless i'm missing something here?

I was really saying that, in itself, her slip in her text to Slim only shows someone's on her mind in a sexual way, but not WHO that person is. Of course, either way it's leakage - that's not in dispute.

But i'm here to learn. I'm not averse to having a :shock: moment over this, and you've done that kinda shit to me before ;) .

Mind you, I guess a more accurate way of looking at it would be that sex is on her mind, not a person. The person would just be the best mentally available vehicle for the sex.

"Temet Nosce"

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:21 pm 
roark wrote:
True. Leakage is leakage.

But let's say for example she's acquainted with both Slim & someone else (let's call him Dennis). She's sexually attracted to Dennis, but not to Slim (in this example, she could be consciously aware of this, or not).

- If she makes that slip in a text to Dennis, then yeah Dennis is on her mind in a sexual way while she's texting him.
- But if she makes that slip in a text to Slim, then I figure Dennis is on her mind in a sexual way while she's texting Slim. After all, she isn't sexually attracted to Slim.

Unless i'm missing something here?

I was really saying that, in itself, her slip in her text to Slim only shows someone's on her mind in a sexual way, but not WHO that person is. Of course, either way it's leakage - that's not in dispute.

But i'm here to learn. I'm not averse to having a :shock: moment over this, and you've done that kinda shit to me before ;) .

Mind you, I guess a more accurate way of looking at it would be that sex is on her mind, not a person. The person would just be the best mentally available vehicle for the sex.
Roark, your logic seems a little weird. Why would there be a slip to a person that she is sexually attracted to? My natural inclination is to think that it would come out normally. The only reason I could see that there would be a slip is if she doesn't know that she's attracted to the person.

I do agree that you can make a slip to a person that you are not attracted to in light of thinking about a person you are attracted to. I've made this kind of slip myself.

However, I can't recall a time that I ever made a slip to a person I was attracted to unless it was on purpose.

Hear me out for a minute. What threshold of guarding is higher for conversation? With a person you are attracted to or with a person that you are not attracted to?

Part of our mindset should be to conceal our hand (intentions) until the time is ripe for exposing said hand (intentions).

Then the question arises that what would an accidental-on-purpose leak look like. That would tell us a lot about what to think.

Maybe I've gone off the beaten path too far, but this is what seems like the proper logic to me.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 5:18 am 

Slim Titan wrote:
Hear me out for a minute. What threshold of guarding is higher for conversation?
Actually this is a good point. If i'm attracted to someone, and am keeping this close to my chest, the high level of guarding would suggest that I am highly unlikely to slip (barring other influences eg drowsiness, sickness, something else weighing heavily on my mind, etc.)

But I can't help but think that it's still possible to make a slip in a guarded situation. In fact i'm receptive to the idea that if an urge is repressed strenuously enough, this can actually cause or at least contribute to a slip.

Then there's this too
Slim Titan wrote:
if she doesn't know that she's attracted to the person.
This scenario isn't exactly scarce as hen's teeth, is it? ;)

It's an interesting area of study, actually. For example http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freudian_slip

Let's lighten things up a little. Speaking of nips, sorry I mean slips, ever watched "Fierce Creatures"? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fierce_Creatures :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OeLRcssmJ9k

Poor quality video, but I couldn't find a better one offhand.

"Temet Nosce"

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:05 pm 
Site Admin

roark wrote:
But I can't help but think that it's still possible to make a slip in a guarded situation.

In fact i'm receptive to the idea that if an urge is repressed strenuously enough, this can actually cause or at least contribute to a slip.
^^^ THIS!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 5:36 pm 

Slim, do u believe that your being 100% unattached to the outcome?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:52 pm 
peregrinus wrote:
roark wrote:
But I can't help but think that it's still possible to make a slip in a guarded situation.

In fact i'm receptive to the idea that if an urge is repressed strenuously enough, this can actually cause or at least contribute to a slip.
^^^ THIS!
Definitely, this is true, but it defeats the entire purpose of your earlier argument Roark. Where is the repression coming from? The object of desire. Consequently, it doesn't make sense to talk about slips with someone that you're not sexually attracted to. I think I addressed the wrong statement you made in my haste.

So, where would the repression come from if the object of desire is not present and not on the person's mind? A time where you are talking to someone you are not sexually attracted to.
MattD wrote:
Slim, do u believe that your being 100% unattached to the outcome?
Yes. I'm well past done with this female. No. I am not unattached to the outcome of this conversation and what I can learn.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:17 pm 

peregrinus wrote:
roark wrote:

^^^ THIS!
Quote what some cougar said to you and fan the fire.
Savage!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:34 am 

Slim Titan wrote:
Where is the repression coming from? The object of desire. Consequently, it doesn't make sense to talk about slips with someone that you're not sexually attracted to. I think I addressed the wrong statement you made in my haste.

So, where would the repression come from if the object of desire is not present and not on the person's mind? A time where you are talking to someone you are not sexually attracted to.
So you're saying if the object of her desire (let's use her as an example) is not physically present, and she's talking to someone else who she is not attracted to, then said object of desire cannot cross her mind?

Really?

"Temet Nosce"

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:28 am 

Slim Titan wrote:
Where is the repression coming from? The object of desire. Consequently, it doesn't make sense to talk about slips with someone that you're not sexually attracted to.
Another thing to think about:

Is the object of desire the source of the repression?

If not, then what (or who) IS the source of the repression?

"Temet Nosce"

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:37 pm 
roark wrote:
Slim Titan wrote:
Where is the repression coming from? The object of desire. Consequently, it doesn't make sense to talk about slips with someone that you're not sexually attracted to. I think I addressed the wrong statement you made in my haste.

So you're saying if the object of her desire (let's use her as an example) is not physically present, and she's talking to someone else who she is not attracted to, then said object of desire cannot cross her mind?

Really?
Naw. That's not my point at all. I'll address it in your second question.
roark wrote:
Slim Titan wrote:
Where is the repression coming from? The object of desire. Consequently, it doesn't make sense to talk about slips with someone that you're not sexually attracted to.
Another thing to think about:

Is the object of desire the source of the repression?

If not, then what (or who) IS the source of the repression?
Who is the source of repression. If there is no spoon, and I'm the one bending then what does that mean for repression. Repression can come from two different sources. My gut just gave me a huge spike when I started talking about this shit. Anyway, repression has a cause. The cause must originate from somewhere. The act of repressing initiates in the bended spoon that does not exist.

The mechanism to cause repression is the mindset that wills itself to bend. For example, if I tell a woman not to call me sexy and instead address me by my name. Better yet, if I tell a woman that is making outlandish claims like I want to fuck to get her mind out of the gutter then what has changed from my mindset from point 0. From point 0 to point 1, where I make a statement. I have decided that the issue needs suppressing.

I have decided that now is not the time and place to take up such issue. I haven't said no to the woman or person. I'm reclaiming territory and boundary and space. Consequently, my thoughts of suppressing are reflected (I feel like I'm reaching to explain myself) in what I think is a mirror in the other person. They repress because I supress.

So, it makes sense to me that we would see the accidental-on-purpose leakage when confronted with a person that is supressing the issue to a person that is repressing the issue. However, I think the repression is less likely to show it's enduring form unless the person that the woman is not attracted to can supress in the same manner as the original person.

This is just my 2 cents because I know I don't fully understand repression, but I think there must be a balance for everything.

Repression in the desirer seems like the reflective balance to suppression in the object of desire.

Hopefully this makes some sense.