Natural Freedom

Forum for the natural awakening and self-realization of men
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:13 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:05 am 

I am finding that the more and more i get into meditation i naturally feel more present and find this to be more effective than just being confident in myself.So if I have insecurities about myself, its like so what just accept it.Whatever, i am feeling at the moment i try to accept.I find that sometimes as humans its hard to respond to the language of just being confident in yourself.When i tried to be more confident in myself and try to own myself by just telling myself to be more confident and changing my body language so i am standing straight up like a stereotypical alpha male I realize that this is just a trap.When i see the spiritual teachers they don't possess they don't stand perfectly straight(in fact many have a slight bend in their posture and many don't have a deep voice).For me when you accept yourself you feel lighter and also more still.Maybe it's that stillness that you feel is confidence or whatever you want to call it(of course this feeling doesn't last forever)So i guess rather than trying to step it up and be confident in yourself maybe its more important to just lose yourself.I must say at first, when i joined these forums i thought that Eastern Philosophy was bullshit but know i am seeing it's importance.I am curious what are your thoughts on being confidence in yourself vs just accepting/letting go?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:22 pm 
Site Admin

caliboy85 wrote:
I am finding that the more and more i get into meditation i naturally feel more present and find this to be more effective than just being confident in myself.So if I have insecurities about myself, its like so what just accept it.Whatever, i am feeling at the moment i try to accept.I find that sometimes as humans its hard to respond to the language of just being confident in yourself.When i tried to be more confident in myself and try to own myself by just telling myself to be more confident and changing my body language so i am standing straight up like a stereotypical alpha male I realize that this is just a trap.When i see the spiritual teachers they don't possess they don't stand perfectly straight(in fact many have a slight bend in their posture and many don't have a deep voice).For me when you accept yourself you feel lighter and also more still.Maybe it's that stillness that you feel is confidence or whatever you want to call it(of course this feeling doesn't last forever)So i guess rather than trying to step it up and be confident in yourself maybe its more important to just lose yourself.I must say at first, when i joined these forums i thought that Eastern Philosophy was bullshit but know i am seeing it's importance.I am curious what are your thoughts on being confidence in yourself vs just accepting/letting go?
tada

Has not been said for a while, so here goes

Let it go

In building a statue, a sculptor doesn't keep adding clay to his subject.He keeps chiseling away at the inessentials until the truth of its creation is revealed without obstructions. Perfection is not when there is no more to add,but no more to take away.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:55 am 

caliboy85 wrote:
Nice!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:57 am 
Paragraphs

For your voice, try this experiment: say hi my name is xxxxxx as soon as you wake up in bed before you get up. The closer you sound to that voice, the more relaxed you are with yourself.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:33 am 

caliboy85 wrote:
Accepting + Letting go = Confidence.

Ain't no Vs in this equation.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:01 pm 

Being self confident doesn't mean not worrying about outcomes. situations can and will change. and you should always be AWARE.
Being self confident means you are always prepared no matter what happens. it doesn't mean just accepting. if you are walking across the street and a car is some way off, and if you walk slow you'll get hit, but if you put some effort into what you do, you'd get there quicker... which would you do?
you still sound as if you are attached to some idea.
you need to learn detachment.

Let it go.