It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:58 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Re: The bigger picture
PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:53 am 

Rider wrote:
AutumnTactics wrote:
The Kidd!! wrote:
]not worth the time
Oh, I don't know. Part of this process for me is writing these experiences down. Having a counterpoint(however wrong I think it is for me), helps me to solidify my thoughts when I have to show my views. I am writing more for me, than trying to convince anyone else to follow me.

For now, it is just a message board. But I see it as being good practice for refining my methods, and ability to think on my feet when there is more on the line. Things such as my integrity being on the line. If I can hold my line here, and be respectful about it, I can do it 'out there' too. The more I practice, the more 'natural' this will become.

I appreciate the guidance Kidd, but I feel this back and forth is just as important to my new experiences as the experiences themselves. It's still all a new world to me, and this seems to be a good way to process and integrate it(for me at least).
Beatiful. I really like the way you go with it. I myself noticed that the more I write (even though it is still not much) the more I end up knowing about myself. Real life brings experience, experience brings realization. If I manage to post it it always feel like I am writing more for myself than anybody else. A lot of stuff comes to me during writing process. 8-) Add to this the benefit of recieving feedback and you can only win if you´re with the right people. :geek:
The Kidd!! wrote:

At least we're not eating overcooked staunch. :geek:

ahk I hate to write it but Kidd´s response seems to nail it on head. I agree with you that being recommended to someone else could be a not so good situation (It happened to me) but it is not only about what is being spoken. It could be what you make out of this and there could be a lot of other shit going on in seemingly identical situations. In this case if I got it right she reached out to him and not the other way around. Why would someone come to you to tell you they see you with some of their friends as an insult all by their own incentive? It certainly wouldn´t insult me. If it was him going to her and she wanted to just get rid of him than it would be a different situation. Just a thought.
I think Rider has the right mindset.

Dial down the ego, Ahk.

“I learned this, at least, by my experiment; that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours. . . ."

-Thoreau's Walden

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:05 am 

Rider, you are definitely asking the right question. Why? :geek: Good going!

Other guys on here are putting up some huge resistance to even that it seems. Should be pretty obvious why :lol:

Women are usually not all that aware either. They think it's their right and duty or something. It's basically a symptom of women thinking men are boys and resources to be acquired, shared or distributed. Like used cars. Read Esther Vilar for more. The deeper/more interesting question is why women think they can do so and what that says about men :geek:

Thats why I like jolting them out of it. Personal growth and awareness for all 8-)

Some of my posts on other threads should have shown clearly where I stand on being staunch. On the other end of the scale sometimes :oops: . But staunchness is irrelevant here. I can take up a woman's offer well knowing what I know. And I have. I'm willing to be used :mrgreen:

But that is a choice, taken in full knowledge of the facts, always better than the other way :geek:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:09 am 

The Pokemon Trainer wrote:

Dial down the ego, Ahk.
Haha :D

You guys have a long way to go :geek:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:36 am 

ahk wrote:

Dial down the ego, Ahk.

Geez Louise.... :roll:

“I learned this, at least, by my experiment; that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours. . . ."

-Thoreau's Walden

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:55 am 
Site Admin

ahk wrote:

Dial down the ego, Ahk.

Who is that, Party Time incarnation?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:04 am 

Dali wrote:
:shock:

Totally lost me there.

-Thoreau's Walden

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:16 am 
Site Admin

Dali wrote:
:shock:

Totally lost me there.
[ img ]

The guy on the right, the one who showed some con-game to Robert.
Context: Iceberg Slim, PIMP.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:38 am 

ahk wrote:
Women are usually not all that aware either. They think it's their right and duty or something. It's basically a symptom of women thinking men are boys and resources to be acquired, shared or distributed. Like used cars. Read Esther Vilar for more. The deeper/more interesting question is why women think they can do so and what that says about men :geek:

Thats why I like jolting them out of it. Personal growth and awareness for all 8-)

Some of my posts on other threads should have shown clearly where I stand on being staunch. On the other end of the scale sometimes :oops: . But staunchness is irrelevant here. I can take up a woman's offer well knowing what I know. And I have. I'm willing to be used :mrgreen:

But that is a choice, taken in full knowledge of the facts, always better than the other way :geek:
Ok, if you don't like the word staunch, how about 'overcooked cynicism'?

One day ahk, you will see that all judgements of people are incorrect. Your cynical judgement of women is incorrect. The symp's judgement of women being perfect angels is incorrect. Every judgement in between is incorrect.

Try meeting the world without judgements, without preconceived notions. Experience things exactly as they are, not as your mind interprets them. See what that's like for a day...

"The society gives you a map; I give you only freedom. The society gives you character, I give you only consciousness. The society teaches you to live a conformist life ... I give you an invitation to go on an adventure." - Osho

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:11 am 

There are real world effects and consequences, and I have my preferences. :geek:

I'm sure there'll be light at the end of the tunnel at some point down the path you're on.

Edit: Ooh, got a better comeback. You're just judging judgements man. Why don't you just let go of doing that too :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:01 pm 

I read through it all again and I have to say it looks like all of us wants to be right and make Ahk pay for this. He was only sharing too and certainly was not the first to patronize. On the other hand responses like this
ahk wrote:
Some of you definitely play it close to the chest, but if what I'm reading is true, what I thought was a minor point of argument has revealed a lot about where you guys are at.

In my rearview mirror, happily eating steak :lol:

are rather counterproductive

Autumn Tactics its nice to read about how good things are going for you but you also watch your ego. Ego really is a beast. I recently came through a positive experience with a girl. We where hangin out every couple of days while she was here but once she was gone that when most learning came to me. That was the time where I could really watch my ego from the side cause it was missing something that was really boosting it greatly. That is a perspective.

I think we are all ought to do some push ups here, with no exceptions. :geek:

Last edited by Rider on Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:02 pm 

Quote:
Keyword on the above sentence being 'for all'...which tells me you haven't learned how to pick your battles yet. ;)

I used to be a lot like you, ahk...just raging against the machine every chance I got. That's why I can sit here and say that in time you'll eventually see that more than half the time, the juice isn't worth the squeeze. :geek:

I still do it on occasion...but I do it now when I deem it will be COMPLETELY worth my while to do so and much less just on principal. Makes my life easier that way. You're still lightsabering because you can...I only lightsaber when I MUST. :ugeek:

But like I said...keep livin', youngblood...unless you become permanently trapped in this phase of the process, one day it will all make sense. 8-)
Quote:
I think we are all ought to do some push ups here, with no exceptions.
Push ups never stop...some do them for growth, others for maintenance. :ugeek:

Pimposophy Revisited is now finally available on Amazon in all territories!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:10 pm 

ahk wrote:
I'm willing to be used
So, you are playing the same game that you are claiming you are better than?

I think the whole point of this is to make your own game, not play along with others. If you like being used, that's perfectly fine for you. But I hardly think you can say you are 'looking at us in the rearview miror at us' if that is the case. Those are mutually exclusive statements in the bigger picture that this thread started out discussing.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:12 pm 

I just CANT stop doing my push ups. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:32 pm 

Rider wrote:
AutumnTactics...also watch your ego. Ego really is a beast... once she was gone that when most learning came to me. That was the time where I could really watch my ego from the side cause it was missing something that was really boosting it greatly. That is a perspective.
I agree 100%. In fact, that is EXACTLY how I got to where I am. It was that absence, and 'feeling' that went with it, that really caught my attention the last go around. I left out many of the details of my personal introspection earlier, because I really didn't have the time to write them ALL out. But in this context, I noticed that I had what I have come to call 'a place' in my mind that certain women would take. When that place was filled, I felt fine. When it was not, I felt something missing. It was only during the most recent experience I focused on what that 'place' was, and more importantly WHY that place even existed. Previously, I would just go out and try to fill it again. Usually it would be with the same 'long-shot' of a relationship, which was inevitably due to fail in a short time.

Now, I see how much my own ego was responsible for the patterns I found myself reliving over and over again. When I shattered the walls that were protecting this piece of my ego(there are plenty of other pieces that I am still working on) from my conscious awareness, things changed...rapidly

There is a cliche line of 'What is the common experience to all your failed relationships? - YOU'.
When the ego is too strong, the blame for failed relationships comes out as 'she was crazy', 'she had issues', etc etc. When I honestly looked at the frankly inescapable truth of the repeating patterns, it became obvious that I was not only responsible for them, I was actually choreographing them to play out a certain way, starting at the very beginning with the 'selection' of who would fill this 'place'. The faces were different, but I honestly could write down EXACTLY how things would play out, and when I literally did this the last go around, it felt like I was able to see the future. The last night I was with the previous girl, I had a dream that was exactly how our 'breakup' interaction would play out just a few hours later. At this point, my subconscious mind knew the next steps, but I was still in denial in my conscious mind. Obviously, nobody can see the future, so this left one uncomfortable reality - I was causing this pattern subconsciously.

I was sick of the pattern, identified what it was, and more importantly WHY it was, and broke it. Sure, it will take effort to stop it from happening again, because I grew so accustomed to it for years, and I have already stopped it once already. There are many other things besides this one facet that I need to be aware of, and by no means do I think I have conquered all, and am now invincible. What I do think, is that I now have a basic tool set to identify them, and work to change the ones I no longer wish to be a part of my life going forward.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:23 pm 
Site Admin

As it has not been mentioned for a while

Let it go!

:ugeek:

In building a statue, a sculptor doesn't keep adding clay to his subject.He keeps chiseling away at the inessentials until the truth of its creation is revealed without obstructions. Perfection is not when there is no more to add,but no more to take away.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:14 pm 

Grinus wrote:
Let it go!
:D I love it when he does that...

"The society gives you a map; I give you only freedom. The society gives you character, I give you only consciousness. The society teaches you to live a conformist life ... I give you an invitation to go on an adventure." - Osho

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:06 am 

Zero effort whatsoever? Yes, please! in my book.

Some of the coolest girls I have met in the past couple years have been in exactly this way. A married/taken/whatever girl saying "hey, you would be perfect for a friend of mine". I think I've even posted a couple of these stories, but not sure.

*never* happened before finding this place

Edit: Whoa, nevermind. In the ~2 minutes it took to post this like 7 posts showed up I didn't see. Must be rusty. ego, pick battles, push-ups, let it go, etc. Carry on

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:12 am 

It's indeed a helluva drug. Such a perfect trap for the male ego. :?

Women are good. Much respect :ugeek:

Damn, it's getting real crowded in that rearview mirror :|

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:50 am 

ahk wrote:
Damn, it's getting real crowded in that rearview mirror :|
Yes, you like mentioning how much you enjoy your rearview mirror.
You remind me of this guy...
Pickles

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:18 am 

I call it as I see it. When life shows you pickles... :lol: