Natural Freedom

Forum for the natural awakening and self-realization of men
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:09 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Being a night person
PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:44 pm 

I am usually up until 3 am and sleep till noon or 1 am everyday.I find that I have most energy at night and also also enjoy the nightlife(people watching and observing things).Is this a bad way to live your life?By bad I mean a hindrance to growth.

Post subject: Re: Being a night person
PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:39 pm 

Growth towards what? Growth is generally the result of consistent, applied effort towards something.

If your energy and focus is higher at night, and you sleep away the whole morning (this to me is another topic.. and yes I regularly get home after 12/1am for my work) whatever you do during that time is what you will experience growth in, obviously. Unless of course you are using sleep-hypnosis tracks to reprogram your subconscious and develop skills/attract $$$.

If you look at your life objectively and night life skillset is not truly the #1 thing that needs dealing with (for me it's my work #1, $, health, etc top of that list) then yes. If no, nightlife is not what needs most attention, then this needs re-evaluation. Noone but you can really say what your list 'should' be but deep down most of us know if we're really taking care of biz or not.

If you're just referring to the fact that you have more energy @ night and is that holding you back vs having more in the day, hey man if that's the case what can you do just listen to your body 8-)

Last edited by Flow83 on Sat Aug 10, 2013 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 9:21 pm 

I'm a night person...sunlight is my natural enemy ;)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 9:54 pm 

Flow83 wrote:
Growth towards what? Growth is generally the result of consistent, applied effort towards something.

If your energy and focus is higher at night, and you sleep away the whole morning (this to me is another topic.. and yes I regularly get home after 12/1am for my work) whatever you do during that time is what you will experience growth in, obviously. Unless of course you are using sleep-hypnosis tracks to reprogram your subconscious and develop skills/attract $$$.

If you look at your life objectively and night life skillset is not truly the #1 thing that needs dealing with (for me it's my work #1, $, health, etc top of that list) then yes. If no, nightlife is not what needs most attention, then this needs re-evaluation. Noone but you can really say what your list 'should' be but deep down most of us know if we're really taking care of biz or not.

If you're just referring to the fact that you have more energy @ night and is that holding you back vs having more in the day, hey man if that's the case what can you do just listen to your body 8-)
Well i guess the growth thing is from all the new age Deida Way of superior man and stuff i read on the natural game forums where the message is to push yourself and to live on the edge so you can get a masculine edge.Deida says you need to use your gifts to the world and that you are a sacrafice(all that suffering bs..uhh).Honestly,all i want to do is stay up late wake up late go to work(if i can find a good paying evening job) go to the club or stay up playing video games.Rinse and repeat.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:33 pm 

Then why are you listening to some guy in a book...do what you want.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:00 am 

caliboy85 wrote:
Well i guess the growth thing is from all the new age Deida Way of superior man and stuff i read on the natural game forums where the message is to push yourself and to live on the edge so you can get a masculine edge.Deida says you need to use your gifts to the world and that you are a sacrafice(all that suffering bs..uhh).

[ img ]

Altair wrote:
Then why are you listening to some guy in a book...do what you want.
I'd wager that this is better than any advice given in the entirety of that book.

“I learned this, at least, by my experiment; that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours. . . ."

-Thoreau's Walden

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:22 am 

It`s a decent book, cannot just take it all in as truth though...gotta sift.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:55 am 

caliboy85 wrote:
I am usually up until 3 am and sleep till noon or 1 am everyday.I find that I have most energy at night and also also enjoy the nightlife(people watching and observing things).Is this a bad way to live your life?By bad I mean a hindrance to growth.
I feel it's easier for me to study and stay focused at night. Mostly all of my reading, studying, and ideas happen late night. From what I've read and heard, this is very common. A lot of people that work a lot and are very successful stay up all hours of the night working on their careers. When I am staying up late studying or working on a project, I get a feeling of achievement from it.

But if I'm staying up till 3am just watch tv then I feel like I've wasted a lot of time. That also goes for staying out all night drinking. I used to stay out late getting drunk with my friends almost every night of the week but I can't do that shit anymore.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:41 am 

This wakes up at 05:00 and practices "guitarathlon"
for 1 hour and eats. After the recording sessions are
done with, he will have a second look at this lifestyle.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:36 am 

Im an early bird :mrgreen:

Pimposophy Revisited is now finally available on Amazon in all territories!