Natural Freedom

Forum for the natural awakening and self-realization of men
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:17 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Confirmation indeed
PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:31 am 

Confirmation example 1:

Euston station, London. I walked over to the information point to ask the man a queston about my departure. He had barely begun formulating a response when she chimed in, grabbed my arm and took over. Here was a finely tuned broad;I estimated mid thirties, though perhaps I'm being kind. Fantastic body and unique features. She suggested that we go and find out more information somewhere else and led me away from the crowd of info point attendants, practically holding my hand the whole way. She asked me to wait outside the door while she went in and printed the documents out. Minutes later she came out - I noticed she had actually done her hair a little differently, for the better might I add, and was now subtly chewing gum. She passed the document, locked eyes with me, and grabbed my arm. It took a moment more than it should have to unhand me. Barely suppressing a laugh, I thanked her for the help and sauntered off.

Confirmation example 2:

I walked into a deli to purchase some cheese. Behind the counter was a woman; Interesting face, a cheap looking ring on her wedding finger, and a stupendous set of tits(all natural, which I quickly deduced from the way they jiggled). I immediately had a wry smile to myself, acknowledging how much I'd like to see those things out in the open. Anyhow, I begun to enquire about the cheese. Her knowledge was terrible but she went out of her way to let me try anything I wanted('I'm not supposed to', she says in her clunky Eastern European English, 'but I make an exception'). I chill by the counter eating cheese, admiring her tits as she leans over right in front of me to 'show me the merchandise'. As she's doing this her co-worker walks in the room and barges into the arena like a bulldozer, asking me what I'm looking for and so on. It was hilarious to watch her completely take over. The poor girl just sort of scuttles off and makes herself busy doing some cleaning. It was a sad sight to witness, as she clearly aspires to be more than a cleaning bitch. I decline to buy any cheese, saying I'll pick some later if I have time. I didn't want that shit melting in my bag. As I turned around to walk out the door, I realised she was in the kitchen looking at me. She gave me one of those 'full body up and down glances'(taking it all in, I presume. I indulged her this moment). I smiled softly and made my exit, almost a little embarrased.

Confirmation example 3:

In a drugstore trying to find a baby harness for my little nephew. A young girl walks past, who I had clocked the moment I entered the shop. First I see that she works there, and assumed she'd have a good idea where these are located. Secondly I notice that when I beckoned her she looks like a deer in headlights, and lastly, I notice her refined attractiveness. As I tell her what I want she becomes slightly nervous, verging on frantic. She scurries around trying to help me, basically on her knees. As we stroll through the store, she touches my arm or hand and quickly let's go again. This happened every 10-15 seconds by my calculations. These moments are like electric jolts, given how they stand out amongst the interaction. She's become a nervous wreck by this point, a complete contrast to the vibe I felt when I saw her minutes earlier as I walked into the shop. As I idly stand there, wondering what the hell is so difficult about finding what I want, I remember something my Father said to me exactly ten years ago when I was still a pup, oblivious to my surroundings. It was an uncannily similar situation, in exactly the same branch of drugstore but at a different time, in a different place, with a different girl. And yet, It was the same girl, scurrying around, looking up to me with these wide eyes. My father wasn't there this time, yet I remember his words;

'You have no idea of the effect you have on women, do you?'

I guess I forgot. Confirmation is everywhere. At times, the confirmation may not have been 'positive' for everyone, yet it's always there. If we simply shut the fuck up, observe whilst still being 'there', and relax, then witnessing the complex intricacies of human behaviour becomes clear.

Post subject: Re: Confirmation indeed
PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:48 pm 

8-)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:19 pm 

:twisted:

Pimposophy Revisited is now finally available on Amazon in all territories!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:47 pm 
Site Admin

Leo (slightly edited) wrote:

Confirmation is everywhere.

If we simply shut the fuck up, observe whilst still being 'there', and relax, then witnessing the complex intricacies of human behaviour becomes clear.
Beautiful :D

In building a statue, a sculptor doesn't keep adding clay to his subject.He keeps chiseling away at the inessentials until the truth of its creation is revealed without obstructions. Perfection is not when there is no more to add,but no more to take away.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:54 pm 

You had me Euston Station anyway. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:15 pm 

Many don't even realise how far they've come, or the better phrasing to my understanding which is where they are, because they don't observe the finer details.
Quote:
I used to live in a room full of mirrors
All I could see was me
Well I take my spirit and I smash my mirrors
Now the whole world is here for me to see
I said the whole world is here for me to see
It takes time to merge the observating and the participating 8-)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:24 pm 

confirmation bias.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:51 pm 

Meaning?

I just realised that observating is not a word. Screw it, now it is :twisted:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:30 pm 

Leo wrote:
Meaning?

I just realised that observating is not a word. Screw it, now it is :twisted:
Quote:
Confirmation bias (also called confirmatory bias or myside bias) is a tendency of people to favor information that confirms their beliefs or hypotheses.[Note 1][1] People display this bias when they gather or remember information selectively, or when they interpret it in a biased way. The effect is stronger for emotionally charged issues and for deeply entrenched beliefs. They also tend to interpret ambiguous evidence as supporting their existing position. Biased search, interpretation and memory have been invoked to explain attitude polarization (when a disagreement becomes more extreme even though the different parties are exposed to the same evidence), belief perseverance (when beliefs persist after the evidence for them is shown to be false), the irrational primacy effect (a greater reliance on information encountered early in a series) and illusory correlation (when people falsely perceive an association between two events or situations)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias

I didn't mean it in a negative way, ;)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:44 pm 

I know what it means, but not what you mean. Though I'm glad you bought it up, for various reasons.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:57 pm 

:lol: ( I hate explanation mode)
so why can't you assume that how I understand it is how you understand it, so that is why for various reasons it came out. maybe deep down we see something similar, hmmmm?

:lol:

Grinus made it obvious,
Quote:

I guess I forgot. Confirmation is everywhere. At times, the confirmation may not have been 'positive' for everyone, yet it's always there. If we simply shut the fuck up, observe whilst still being 'there', and relax, then witnessing the complex intricacies of human behaviour becomes clear.
this spoke VOLUMES.

once the mind is conditioned to pick up on subtleties, and you are at the place you should be within and without, it's just a matter of concluding who is or who is not.

and you didn't see the need to follow through on either, especially the last one which "upon" seeing, you knew you could have "bowled"

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:23 pm 

Thankyou for actually elaborating, it's important for the subject in my opinion. I picked up on Grinus's post due to the particular way it was re-edited. Not sure what Scarf's is about. :P

To clarify, the last one was(and is being) followed through on. I didn't deem that information pertinent for the purpose of the thread though, as I knew I had confirmation before a meeting was set up and accepted. Incidentally it was the most compelling of the three, whereas the first two weren't relevant to me and nor would I have followed through under any circumstances, regardless of whether the proposal would be accepted or not.

The first example was obvious to me at the time, though I didn't recognise it until just before I walked away. As for the second, this is the sketchiest but it all comes down to trusting what you feel about the evidence before you. It may have been either way in actual fact, but my instinct was specific.

Regarding confirmation bias - I am glad you bought it up. It comes down to trusting one's feeling and of course, putting aside bias is important. Possibly the hardest thing to do for use since we experience subjectively. To experience something based on new information about ourselves or the world is beautiful, and yet a possible snake in the grass. The reason I chose these three examples, apart from being very recent, was that I had entered each scenario with particular goals in mind. Very simple goals which had nothing to do with women, looking for attention, or even looking for anything other than information, cheese and a baby harness. Also, that I had not really acknowledged anything until after the fact - hence, the greater realisation that I generally need to be more aware, and yet still be present. This realisation was interesting to me.

And yet, I haven't progressed anywhere at all. I beginning to think progression is another lie, alongside romance, safety, love, altruism....you get the idea.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:15 pm 

8-)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 5:36 am 

Oh come on Leo.

You never seen Jerry Maguire?

[ img ]

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:04 am 

[ img ]