Natural Freedom

Forum for the natural awakening and self-realization of men
It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2024 11:19 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:04 pm 

SO. Some of you now I draw stuff. I began experimenting with drawing in silence, without references etc just from my head, in silence.

I somehow drew stuff without much thinking, first just random curvy lines - Then half face came of it, then somehow a plant growing between the halves of the face.
Another, I somehow managed to draw a character from behind - I hardly ever did that and if did, epicly failed and this time I drew it well for my current level of skill and I didn't have to puch that much effort into it
Also, drew random curves. Lots of random curves. I suspect that it may be my artistic mark :lol:

Also I began to notice characters from my favorite games, how they are built, how their clothes/armor is built. I even notice scenery and I started somehow naturally seeing perspective and other stuffs.

The point is, that after drawing I felt satisfied.
Partly because I didn't have any expectations and let myself draw whatevers
Also the process was fun without the pressure of how it should be, what I wanna draw and if people will like it
Partly of reasons I don't know about, lol

So give it a go in whatever you do, then posts results, I'm interested in reading your experiences :geek:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:51 am 

Ever read any Camus?
http://www.sccs.swarthmore.edu/users/00 ... msysip.htm

I find his philosophies coincide a bit with what is discussed on these forums.

In the above article he establishes his idea of the 'absurd' and the 'absurd hero'. Very existentialist, yet Camus denied any affiliation with existentialist teachings.

If you're looking for some enjoyable and influential readings, I highly recommend Camus' writings.

I've read The Stranger, which is a novelization of Camus' 'absurd' teachings.

He also wrote another book at the end of his career, The Fall, which I haven't read yet, though I'm doing a report on it as I write this...kind of ironic if you are familiar with the absurd. Shame on J Dogg!! :|