Natural Freedom

Forum for the natural awakening and self-realization of men
It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 4:02 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Now what?
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 10:05 pm 

So when I was back visiting I met a pretty nice girl, and by coincidence she was moving out where I live. So when she got out she stayed over quite a bit, and I would just share food because she was only around for a week before going north for 4 months.

Having someone around in that context really solidified some things for me. I definitely want to live alone for the rest of my life, just having someone in my space all the time was really annoying. No time to work on my goals, just her wanting to have sex with me all the time (which sounds like a funny thing to complain about). But not actually that much fun, when you just wanna relax lol.

It was a very weird experience to be in I had like no interest in her anymore but yet it seemed easier to continue to let her stay over knowing she would be gone in a few days.

Anyways, we were at dinner and she decided to catch attitude because I said I was sleeping in on her last day and wasn't gonna drive her back to her hotel where she was getting picked up to go to work in the morning. As soon as she starting berating me for being "rude" I snap awoke from my stupor and was like "oh, really I'm rude...lol." She walked with her friend back to my friends car no doubt berating me more...but I honestly didn't care felt like I had the ammo to end it.

She came over the next day to pick up some stuff and apologized a lot, I pretended to be listening but didn't actually care.

Post subject: Re: Now what?
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 10:14 pm 

Good shit. 8-)

Pimposophy Revisited is now finally available on Amazon in all territories!

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 10:26 pm 

It's interesting how indifference can continue to solidify more and more naturally as time goes on. My level of indifference compared to when I first solidified back in October is way higher.

I mean like without effort into developing the mindset more, my brain just does it all automatically now.

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 10:57 pm 
Site Admin

Right on man

In building a statue, a sculptor doesn't keep adding clay to his subject.He keeps chiseling away at the inessentials until the truth of its creation is revealed without obstructions. Perfection is not when there is no more to add,but no more to take away.

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 1:42 am 

Thanks sirs :)

The fallout of the copious amounts of space has become quite predictable haha.

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 2:37 am 

It's like I told you...once your OS starts running in the background, it's like perpetual motion. 8-)

Pimposophy Revisited is now finally available on Amazon in all territories!

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 7:52 am 

God ****, awesome Altair.

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 4:40 pm 

Great stuff, and I agree.

Fuck co-habitation.

"Simply put, you being in her life is a BLESSING. Her wronging you in any way is her own self-inflicted CURSE, and if she does wrong you, then let the punishment fit the crime. Her life will absolutely SUCK without you."

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 7:44 pm 

I like the title of this thread.

So once the whole "women thing" is no longer some big deal or thing to conquer, now what do you ACTUALLY care about deep down worth committing your life to?

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 8:56 pm 

Alchemist wrote:
Great stuff, and I agree.

Fuck co-habitation.
Yup, no upside 8-)
Flow83 wrote:
I like the title of this thread.

So once the whole "women thing" is no longer some big deal or thing to conquer, now what do you ACTUALLY care about deep down worth committing your life to?
Good question actually, poker and the pimp tight mindset interrelate a lot. The strategy and anticipation of the next move as well as the need to be indifferent to the short term results make it the best choice as something new to master.

I plan on playing at the highest stakes for tournaments...that's kinda the plan at the moment. :)

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 10:51 pm 

@Flow83, I ponder that myself too. Seems to me sex and money are the only two external wants or desires. Only other people can give you them. Doing internal stuff like learning for its own sake or meditation seems kinda pointless if you are going to die anyway. If there is an immortal soul you'll have time enough for that later. For now you are in this world and might as well play it's games as best you can or want.

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 12:01 am 

All for playing whatever games as best you can / want :)

I've never wanted money for the sake of the money itself but for what it would allow me to do. Turns out a lot of the things I absolutely love to do most don't require much money and the more I am immersed in them, the less I care about toys. I would say it is either the desire of safety/comfort, or the desire for self expression. Ironically, each year I continue to make more money just being focused on getting better at what I do because I love the craft, and I'd (no bullshit) do it for free til the day I die if it became impossible to live through it.

Sex only seems like a big deal to me when one doesn't have access to it.. and/or have projected a ton of other things onto it besides being a fun physical act that men and women are literally built to like and do with each other.. and of course you can literally buy it. If buying it is a problem or doesn't count then it means the desire is not just for sex but all the other meanings given it. It seems almost cliche that men who start having regular sex and/or seeing that it's not this huge accomplishment to get it, realize it was never our deeper purpose-- it was designed to happen naturally and not the means of finding out who we really are.

To me inner work and meditation is for its own end. It has also been a critical gateway in finding a purpose that means a lot more to me than fulfilling simple desires, and a gateway to seeing that I am part of this world. That it ain't all about me and my fun. Of course, this is still self-rooted in that it gives a feeling of aliveness and excitement and purpose in my life. The feeling of a deeper satisfaction and peace that is beyond words and could not possibly be given through external things (though they are still there to enjoy). This is not to say that it is 'important' ie the world is really going to give a huge shit if I die tomorrow, but that it is important to ME ! The amount of depressed people and suicides from those who have achieved limitless access to sex and money compared to the bliss of some people I know who have found their inner source of happiness has convinced me on a cellular level.

That said, I would follow whatever comes up as important with all of your being, and amass as much money and pussy as you can possibly handle - and if that's your desire, I don't doubt that you will :)

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 12:22 am 

For the record I am not being tongue in cheek. I was actually drawn to meditation and stuff like that from a young age. As far as I'm concerned telling someone else that they should do it is no different than some guy telling me I should do bodybuilding because it gave them whatever experience.

The only exception might be if someone could not answer Questions like "what really gets you excited?" - What would you do most days if you had unlimited money, what are you most fulfilled doing and so on then there are some types of inner work I would suggest for clarity. The thing itself is irrelevant. Playing poker or being a Buddhist monk - We don't have all that much say in what we naturally love. Even if it's play video games, there are guys that take that to an insanely high-level and are like celebrities in Japan for playing fighting games and such

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 7:46 am 
Site Admin

Flow: Beautiful 8-)

In building a statue, a sculptor doesn't keep adding clay to his subject.He keeps chiseling away at the inessentials until the truth of its creation is revealed without obstructions. Perfection is not when there is no more to add,but no more to take away.

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 10:15 am 

@Flow83, I wouldn't be able to answer the question 'what gets you really excited', but don't see it as a problem to be solved. I'm suspicious when I hear someone say something will fullfill them or satisfy them till they die, sounds very much like a marriage vow and about as meaningful to me. Hedonic adaptation is inescapable imo, the most you can say is 'this can satisfy me for a while'.

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 12:22 pm 

ahk wrote:
@Flow83, I wouldn't be able to answer the question 'what gets you really excited', but don't see it as a problem to be solved. I'm suspicious when I hear someone say something will fullfill them or satisfy them till they die, sounds very much like a marriage vow and about as meaningful to me. Hedonic adaptation is inescapable imo, the most you can say is 'this can satisfy me for a while'.
Actually I think of it as a "right NOW" question. I am not a fan of the idea that you decide or there is one correct "life purpose" that once you find it life is all smiles. That's a big one thrown out there in self help.

My personal experience is that the more I ask it, the more refined it gets although it had stayed in the same field and in the same general direction.

The inner work has helped to distinguish what a deeper desire is for ME and what I truly want to do bigger picture, which gives clarity of what I choose to do with time. There are always multiple desires in us and left on autopilot it is scattered.

Even my best experiences with sex and most badass "accomplishment" stories in that arena are tiny, TINY compared to the feeling of getting the call to work directly with someone who I idolized and was inspired by when I was younger. The realization of stuff that fit more into the 'dream' category.. especially when I didn't previously think I'd ever really be good enough.

Of course, still a balance act. You can get obsessed with work/goals or whatever and have no fun.

I would describe it as a general sense of contentment vs a general sense of 'something not quite right' that is constantly trying to be fulfilled.

If you are able to ENJOY whatever you are doing, even there is absolutely no rhyme reason or structure to it, even if it's something that society would tell you is 100% selfish blah blah, if it resonates with you and comes from a genuine place of self expression to me that's all that matters :)

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 1:06 pm 

BTW, Altair clearly communicated he's in a place where there's quite a lot of freedom around the women/sex topic. He can take it or leave it, knows what it's like to have women pursuing him, what it can give him and what it can't. Knows he at least has the option to create it. Again, knows what it's like for HIM.

If the #1 burning thing for a guy is to experience more stuff with women, play the game better or whatever, I would honor that-- not bullshit yourself, say that you don't care or that it's not 'high purpose enough' - play to win, and experience it first hand so you have your own answer about what it does for you. I knew I had to experience certain things in that department in order to know for sure where it fit into the picture for me, and not just be bullshitting myself by trying to avoid/suppress desire. In that sense, meditation etc can also be used as a way of trying to escape rather than engage directly.

If you get 'success' and just become consumed with getting more and more success without feeling satisfied, where you're not really even enjoying it, then it's probably a good time to question it.

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 4:17 pm 
Site Admin

Flow83 wrote:
ahk wrote:
Actually I think of it as a "right NOW" question. I am not a fan of the idea that you decide or there is one correct "life purpose" that once you find it life is all smiles.
Indeed

It is not a permanent thing.

It is, what gets you excited now, at this moment.

What is your purpose now, what path are you heading down now.

I know myself, I have gone through a number of them over the years. Each was equally as valid as the one before and the one afterwards.

There is no permanence in it..

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 4:31 pm 

Thanks 'Grinus.

I'd say the excitement has a certain quality to it. Of course it's nice to get laid, it's nice to enjoy a lot of things.. but this has an element of 'oh man, I want to do THAT' and you are genuinely inspired, and willing to put the time in to learn it, do it and enjoy the rewards.

Have to note though, was recently part of projects with two different guys in their 80s, one in their LATE 80s, and the vitality, youth and creative energy that remains in them is astounding. Though they are masters of their craft, they still have the same type of commitment and fascination with it and it is a beautiful thing to see. Also of course recommend the Jiro Dreams of Sushi movie for this reason.

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 5:27 pm 

Very nice thread. Grinus, Flow, Altair. Lots of gems here.

Altair clearly no longer experiences suffering around women. (They, on the other hand, suffer for him... :lol: :lol: ) So, once the pain and suffering around women is ended, now what? Do you suffer about other things? If so, work on those.

If there isn't anything else you suffer greatly from, then what can you spend your time and energy doing that brings more peace, happiness, satisfaction, and goodwill?

"The society gives you a map; I give you only freedom. The society gives you character, I give you only consciousness. The society teaches you to live a conformist life ... I give you an invitation to go on an adventure." - Osho