Natural Freedom

Forum for the natural awakening and self-realization of men
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:38 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:33 am 

I have pm'd someone about this in the past but thought that i just put it out there.As long as i remember i have had a full head of hair.I use to be able to grow out my hair but when i turned 21 i started losing my hair and now at 27 it has gotten so bad that i have to shave my head just so it looks somewhat reasonable.I would say that with a full head of hair i was about an 8/10 and now about a 6.5.I started using rogaine just so i can keep what i have and maybe grow a little back .I don't expect to have a full head but continuing to lose hair is effecting my confidence.Would you guys say that using rogaine is a sign of attachment or should i continue using it?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:43 am 
You think being bald hurts your looks.................I remember in high school when I shaved my head to look like my dad and start a new path.........more women talked to me even in college when I was doing it.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:47 am 

Not telling you what to do, it's your life your call. But my two cents: it's what look you are comfortable with that counts, not what others think. Sooooooo

I would ask myself if I am uncomfortable with a shaved head (or whatever you do to adapt to the loss of hair) because I don't like how it looks, or if it's because I don't like how I think OTHER people will think it looks. But it's your choice, just throwing that out there. One more thing, and it's not a matter of choice, it is a clarification:
caliboy85 wrote:
I would say that with a full head of hair i was about an 8/10 and now about a 6.5.
Presuming that you are using the "scale out of ten" for looks, let's not forget to take the woman's viewpoint into consideration: LOOKS DON'T MATTER. We men mostly use this scale to rate women in terms of attractiveness and for most of us this boils down to her face, her tits, and her ass (shallow but true). But we make a crucial mistake when we "project" this criteria onto them, expecting them to have the same priorities (good looking, washboard stomach, biceps, or whatever). Personally, I think Morgul's OP in this thread http://www.naturalfreedom.info/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=163 is the most accurate thing I have found on what women find attractive (next to Kidd!! and peregrinus' posts peppered throughout the site).

Please don't misunderstand me - I am not saying to do nothing about these changes you're going through; basically what I am saying is that if you try to hide something about yourself that you are ashamed of, that shame may very well end up being more unattractive to women than the very thing that you were trying to hide.

This past year I noticed that my hair was beginning to thin out in some very prominent areas. Do I give a fuck? NO! Funny thing is, during the same period I have not only been jocked more by good looking women than IN THE ENTIRE DECADE OF MY 20's WHEN I HAD A FULL HEAD OF HAIR, but I have been fondled more in public, and have even had total strangers caress my leg (I mentioned this in another post), my back, or the back of my neck while walking past me, WITHOUT THEM EVEN BEING AWARE THAT THEY WERE DOING IT.

Shit, a few months before I discovered this site, I was standing up outside smoking a cigarette by myself, getting comfortable in my body (using inner body awareness like how Eckhart Tolle etc. teach) - underlined for emphasis - wearing the shirt I most hated, the jeans that made me look the most bloated (laundry day :lol: ), a 5 o'clock shadow, bags under my eyes from not enough sleep, and in dire need of a haircut (and bear in mind what I said about my hair thinning - it musta looked really lopsided!) and noticed a girl walking out of a shop that was not only a 10/10 (using that friggin' scale AGAIN! :roll: ), but dressed so decently, tastefully, and casually that I couldn't help but be impressed and was maybe thinking that she's outta my league. She looked in my direction and immediately looked away (her beautiful straight brunette hair whipping back in the process) and I thought "Yep, I do indeed look hideous." I finished the cigarette - and note that this took 3-4 minutes after seeing her - walked around the corner and there she was in the parking lot, sitting in the open trunk of her car (much bigger than mine, btw - chick was probably loaded too 8-) ), doing nothing else and obviously waiting for me, and all I heard was a nervious but excited "Hiiiiiiiiii....." The energy coming from her was so intense (I had NEVER felt the likes of this from a total stranger before) that after I said "Hi, everything's good with you?" and she said "I'm great." I made like I was in a hurry and left. :oops: :oops: :oops: Sad but true, but it does illustrate my point. (To Kidd!! & 'Grinus - this was one of the things that sent me online, through that PUA garbage, that eventually landed me here. I have actually just yesterday finally traced back to the root of my lack of any sense of deservedness - in a case like this self esteem was not actually the major issue as it's one hell of a CONfirmation - and I may post on that discovery elsewhere; haven't decided yet...)

I just wanted to get it clear that looks don't matter as much as we think, and posted all that crap above because I find guys have a problem accepting this concept (I have tried explaining it to my real-life male friends, but to no avail), but that doesn't mean you shouldn't maximise your appearance, of course. Like Kidd!! says, change the things you CAN, and then work on accepting the things you can't. That's sage advice......

"Temet Nosce"

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:39 am 
Site Admin

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:18 pm 

Caliboi is black.... post pics of bald black guys so he can feel some level of comfort. I started losing my shit from 18! Imagine that! I am 28 now. I Don't sport head covering as much as I used to. All these things show you don't really accept yourself for you. I didn't even bother to waste money on those trivial things. Eye color, hair... what's next height or penis size? :lol:

I used to think I was more attractive with the hair, only because I used to style it back in the day. I remember those rogaine commercials and my mom trying to get me to purchase it, I declined because I saw no point in it.

I would go as far as saying using rogaine IS a sign of insecurity towards your balding :roll:
Do what makes YOU comfy though!

Oh yeah, nice post roark :D

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:34 pm 

dude I had same self confidence problems as you did, but when I cut my hair really short 2-3mm suddenly my female-jocking-me ratio went much higher. Large amounts of testosterone make you bald, so don't worry and go back to the gym

I was born the son of evil when I fuck the devil there!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:39 pm 

Imagine being a foreigner enrolled in an American high skool during that period... :lol: :lol: oh there were those funny jokesb :lol: 8-)

"You'll never finnnnd, another hairline like mine"
:lol: shit got me in stitches now.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:09 pm 

caliboy85 wrote:
Would you guys say that using rogaine is a sign of attachment or should i continue using it?
It's a crutch. So drop it and stop wasting your money. Now, if that stuff worked then ok, but it's bullshit and won't change a thing.

Also, If you visit any hair loss forums then stop that also. Put your awareness elsewhere, away from victim-hood. You'll be surprised what happens is all I'll say.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:51 pm 
Prodigy wrote:
Caliboi is black.... post pics of bald black guys so he can feel some level of comfort.
I'm black too Caliboy. Take my first post for what it's worth.

Didn't know you were black, but it's a fact that society accords more acceptability to bald black men.

In fact, bald black men or black men with shaved heads are considered sexier, more secure, more comfortable, more confidant, and more dominant.

How's that for a mind fuck?

Edit:

@ Roark:

Looks do matter to a woman.

If she is not physically attracted to you then there cannot be sexual attraction.

The caveat is that physical attraction is able to be easily manipulated by a man, and physical attraction is also contingent on emotional, psychological, sexual, and environmental fronts.

Also, the threshold for physical attraction to a man is very low. This is why you can walk around anywhere and see all types of women jocking you. After a while, you notice that certain subsets of women jock you more. If you like that subset, which you should, then you specialize in that female subset. After a certain point, you should realize that not all jocking is choosing because a lot of it is subconscious. If your energies are directed in the right way then you can play off that.

However, every woman has different mechanisms for delineating the quality of males in relation to their physical attractiveness. If you pass a certain point in relation to a woman's own physical attractiveness, THE WAY SHE SEES HERSELF, then the mechanisms die down and you have more leniency. This is part and parcel to why it is easy to fuck up getting a woman that likes you......because the mechanisms working against you are very high.

Further, manipulating those mechanisms are not dependent on manipulating your physical attractiveness. Physical attractiveness is nearly set in stone. Clothes, cologne, exercise etc. only minutely change your appearance. Hence, some overweight men do wayyyyyyyyyyyy better than men fresh out of the military in the best shape of their life.

Manipulation begins on two fronts. Psychological and emotional. It takes a psychological manipulation to incite an emotional manipulation because women are primarily unemotional creatures but act on emotional sentiments. In the post that you gave, what is being shown is a psychological manipulation. The man that the girl can't even talk about does two things. A) he cloaks his weaknesses, THOSE BEING WEAKNESSES TO HER B) He elicits weaknesses in her by tapping into her weak points, THE EYES

Eye contact is a general weakness for most women. In the example you gave, this woman is especially susceptible to that weakness, most likely because few people look her in the eyes because of her physical attractiveness.

Emotional manipulation begins at the psychological point when one is ENTIRELY unemotional in relation to the person that is experiencing emotion. It must be noted that logic and emotion do not cross. If you're logical with an emotional person then it doesn't comprehend. If you're emotional with a logical person then it doesn't comprehend. It is also important to notice that psychological manipulations are dependent on logical action. Back to the point.

As one is unemotional the other person, in this case a woman, feels that the other person should feel their emotion. Ever notice how when you push a person's button (psychological) they get mad (emotional), and when you don't get mad too (unemotional) they become even more angry (emotional manipulation).

The key to continuing an emotional manipulation is inherently tied to IDENTIFYING with the emotion after it has been amplified in an UNEMOTIONAL relationship and inserting a new emotion into the mix. I.E. Start with the word "FEEL" when dealing with women because you cannot argue against feelings. That puts you into an emotional context without actually having to experience that emotion.

Long story short, that is the actual catalyst to attraction, and it must not be forgotten that it is physical to a LOW DEGREE. If you're under the threshold of her physical attraction then she will not even notice you. If you're above it then everything starts.

Side note: The woman that is not physically attracted to you versus the woman that is physically attracted to you has higher standards than the woman is physically attracted to you because YOU DON'T AFFECT HER OWN PERCEPTION OF HERSELF. This is part of what I think Grinus means when he uses the term mirror. Vanity is part of a mirror perception of the self. Many times when we project attraction onto a woman we are just seeing ourselves in relation to her because she somehow unsettles our own vanity. It goes the same with women. This is why we focus on being SECURE IN OURSELVES because it means that we don't have that psychological weakness that I mentioned earlier. Second, not having that psychological weakness allows us to expose that same weakness in the woman that does have it. This is why physical attractiveness plays a specific and limited role in a woman's attraction.

In my humble opinion, I've said all I can say at this point on the topic because we haven't introduced much more into the discussion.

Once again, great post Roark.

I hope I've added to the discussion some because you did some heavy lifting. :)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:38 am 
Site Admin

Prodigy wrote:
Caliboi is black.... post pics of bald black guys so he can feel some level of comfort.
[ img ]
:roll:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:04 am 

I just read the first post so sorry if these have already been mentioned
There's a series over here made by two comedians called Little Britain, two comedians are Matt Lucas and David Walliams.
In an interview Matt Lucas admitted that he was bald from a young age, he had a choice between being the joke or being in on the joke that choice made him in to one hell of a comedy writer.

Patrick Stewart, otherwise known as Jean-Luc Pichard from the Star Trek series admitted in an interview with Graham Norton to going bald at the age of 19. He said that bald men have approached him in the streets and thanked him for making it seem like to him that it was okay to be bald.
I can't remember the interviews very well cos it was a long time ago that I heard them, but I'm sure my writings are accurate.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:00 am 

Great and detailed post, rkd. You made some good points. However, there were many many things that I disagree fundamentally with, but i'm not going to get into those with you because:

a) I respect your individuality, your path, and your approach, which apparently differs widely from mine, and

b) The differences between our approaches are so diametrically opposed, we are obviously coming from two totally opposite angles, that in my mind it would profit neither of us to debate our disagreements. I can see a protracted (yet VERY intellectually stimulating) debate between us on this, but can also forsee at this point that it would end up inevitably in an 'agree to disagree' handshake -WITH MUTUAL RESPECT......

......which we have now anyway.

Forgive me if i'm oversimplifying - your viewpoints seem to stem from very complex analyses (more than I deem necessary for my own purposes), which would require A LOT of effort on my part to dissect and understand to a degree that would do justice to the obvious work that you have put into your own development, but you APPEAR TO ME (this phrase can seem emotionally charged, but I say it to mean that I cannot truly appreciate where you are coming from) to be coming from a place of nuts & bolts analysis and deconstruction, which is fine for you; the limitations I perceive being that there is a danger of 'missing the forest for the trees'. Whereas I humbly admit that I tend to rely on general patterns of life (hence my love for spiritual enquiry) and while this may give me a more holistic view in my opinion, the limitations and dangers for me include putting the patterns together prematurely without enough analysis (see where your approach would compensate for my deficencies? ;) ), not to mention confirmation bias (which I can even see evidence of in some of my own posts :lol: ).

Let me reiterate - I respect your viewpoint, even though I fundamentally disagree with it (on this topic). Put it this way - they may be incorrect to me, but that may only be because (my interpretation of) your basic premises seem to differ so widely from mine. And to put some perspective on it - Flow would really dig this - the fact that both of us even have basic premises make both our approaches ultimately illusory anyway. However, mine works for me, and yours works for you, and we will both get where we are going using our respective paths anyway.....

.....and the truth is, I just wanna get on with it :mrgreen: . (referring to walking my path, as opposed to getting into a long debate over this)

This is either the most cowardly, evasive, and lazy (I did not really take the time to dissect and really analyse your post for the reasons given above) post I have ever written on this forum, or the most mature one :?: .......

And by the way, your lifting was WAY heavier than mine. :mrgreen:

"Temet Nosce"

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:08 am 

One point of clarification, though - I do not have a subset of women that jock me (Edit: even heavily) - they appear to be all over the map - black, white, asian, hispanic, mediterranean (in one case, but we don't have too many of those where I live), indian, and various types of mixed race......

They also run the gamut of the social classes.

Of the few I have talked to for any length of time, some have been shallow, some have been very deep.

Most have been naturally feminine and warm, but I have also noticed subsequently that some of them become very false when around others......

[Edit - there have also been others who front like motherfuckers, but I tend to disregard them totally anyway.]

[Further edit: in case it needs mentioning, there are MANY women who don't even notice my existence as well :lol: . And in the jocking set, there are many physically UNattractive women as well, some huuuuge, some very old, and many many children (these jock the 'purest' in my opinion, and they are just ADORABLE.]

"Temet Nosce"

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:33 am 

Dali wrote:
Prodigy wrote:
[ img ]
Fortunately, (since it is news to you , or probably since I don't know what or who a racist is,) I was merely making a point based upon observation of an initial post by caliboi...

Naturally, I could have turned your mirrors back at you, called you a racist, for posting men of mostly Caucasian decent, in any case and event it wasn't meant as a slur...also I don't see you raising the "racist" flag when the occasional "nigga" is thrown around, point is , your eye roll didn't translate as funny...haha , I didn't get the joke

Ed Norton...American history X... :roll:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:45 am 

Slim Titan wrote:
Prodigy wrote:
I'm black too Caliboy. Take my first post for what it's worth.

Didn't know you were black, but it's a fact that society accords more acceptability to bald black men.

In fact, bald black men or black men with shaved heads are considered sexier, more secure, more comfortable, more confidant, and more dominant.

How's that for a mind fuck?

Edit:

@ Roark:

Looks do matter to a woman.

If she is not physically attracted to you then there cannot be sexual attraction.

The caveat is that physical attraction is able to be easily manipulated by a man, and physical attraction is also contingent on emotional, psychological, sexual, and environmental fronts.

Also, the threshold for physical attraction to a man is very low. This is why you can walk around anywhere and see all types of women jocking you. After a while, you notice that certain subsets of women jock you more. If you like that subset, which you should, then you specialize in that female subset. After a certain point, you should realize that not all jocking is choosing because a lot of it is subconscious. If your energies are directed in the right way then you can play off that.

However, every woman has different mechanisms for delineating the quality of males in relation to their physical attractiveness. If you pass a certain point in relation to a woman's own physical attractiveness, THE WAY SHE SEES HERSELF, then the mechanisms die down and you have more leniency. This is part and parcel to why it is easy to fuck up getting a woman that likes you......because the mechanisms working against you are very high.

Further, manipulating those mechanisms are not dependent on manipulating your physical attractiveness. Physical attractiveness is nearly set in stone. Clothes, cologne, exercise etc. only minutely change your appearance. Hence, some overweight men do wayyyyyyyyyyyy better than men fresh out of the military in the best shape of their life.

Manipulation begins on two fronts. Psychological and emotional. It takes a psychological manipulation to incite an emotional manipulation because women are primarily unemotional creatures but act on emotional sentiments. In the post that you gave, what is being shown is a psychological manipulation. The man that the girl can't even talk about does two things. A) he cloaks his weaknesses, THOSE BEING WEAKNESSES TO HER B) He elicits weaknesses in her by tapping into her weak points, THE EYES

Eye contact is a general weakness for most women. In the example you gave, this woman is especially susceptible to that weakness, most likely because few people look her in the eyes because of her physical attractiveness.

Emotional manipulation begins at the psychological point when one is ENTIRELY unemotional in relation to the person that is experiencing emotion. It must be noted that logic and emotion do not cross. If you're logical with an emotional person then it doesn't comprehend. If you're emotional with a logical person then it doesn't comprehend. It is also important to notice that psychological manipulations are dependent on logical action. Back to the point.

As one is unemotional the other person, in this case a woman, feels that the other person should feel their emotion. Ever notice how when you push a person's button (psychological) they get mad (emotional), and when you don't get mad too (unemotional) they become even more angry (emotional manipulation).

The key to continuing an emotional manipulation is inherently tied to IDENTIFYING with the emotion after it has been amplified in an UNEMOTIONAL relationship and inserting a new emotion into the mix. I.E. Start with the word "FEEL" when dealing with women because you cannot argue against feelings. That puts you into an emotional context without actually having to experience that emotion.

Long story short, that is the actual catalyst to attraction, and it must not be forgotten that it is physical to a LOW DEGREE. If you're under the threshold of her physical attraction then she will not even notice you. If you're above it then everything starts.

Side note: The woman that is not physically attracted to you versus the woman that is physically attracted to you has higher standards than the woman is physically attracted to you because YOU DON'T AFFECT HER OWN PERCEPTION OF HERSELF. This is part of what I think Grinus means when he uses the term mirror. Vanity is part of a mirror perception of the self. Many times when we project attraction onto a woman we are just seeing ourselves in relation to her because she somehow unsettles our own vanity. It goes the same with women. This is why we focus on being SECURE IN OURSELVES because it means that we don't have that psychological weakness that I mentioned earlier. Second, not having that psychological weakness allows us to expose that same weakness in the woman that does have it. This is why physical attractiveness plays a specific and limited role in a woman's attraction.

In my humble opinion, I've said all I can say at this point on the topic because we haven't introduced much more into the discussion.

Once again, great post Roark.

I hope I've added to the discussion some because you did some heavy lifting. :)

Yes i am black but not African American i am ethiopian.Here's the thing when i first started shaving my head to a number 0 it wasn't bad because i still had a descent hairline on the top which i still kind of do.However,it is slowly starting to go back and if i go more than a couple days without shaving it still looks bad.I guess i will leave it a number 0 even if i keep losing the hair.When i shave with a razor and go skin bald, i just feel ugly around model looking white chicks.I am a think guy and don't have the muscular frame/strong jawline to support a bald head.I think skin bald with my facial aesetics would look good without muscles and facial hair(hate growing facial hair)Now a number 0 is a different story. Here's pic of me that was taken a couple years ago with a buzz/shaved cut.If my hairline stayed like it was in those last 2 photos i wouldn't be complaining but its slowly receding even more at the top. http://s1356.photobucket.com/user/calib ... 5205034472

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:54 am 

I get so impulsive at times... caliboi, would you die if you lost a finger from your dominant hand?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:18 am 

Cali, from a totally hetero male:

You have nothing to worry about looks-wise, man - in those photos you are actually a really good looking dude. Would be even with hairline receding further. In my opinion, anything that you need to work on is internal. Get busy reading the forum posts.

"Temet Nosce"

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:26 am 
Site Admin

Prodigy wrote:
Dali wrote:
Prodigy wrote:
[ img ]
Fortunately, (since it is news to you , or probably since I don't know what or who a racist is,) I was merely making a point based upon observation of an initial post by caliboi...

Naturally, I could have turned your mirrors back at you, called you a racist, for posting men of mostly Caucasian decent, in any case and event it wasn't meant as a slur...also I don't see you raising the "racist" flag when the occasional "nigga" is thrown around, point is , your eye roll didn't translate as funny...haha , I didn't get the joke

Ed Norton...American history X... :roll:
Hahaha
I was jokingliy aside a run.

I just quoted google:
Bald Badassess

Not that I was doing a disclaimer upon the races, just to cheer up a condition that is up totally mental.

I hope that this don't get out of control.
But If I don't catch a afro american dude that is bad ass it's because most of the mainstream badasses does not need to blink in google.

And doing porn... :twisted:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:43 am 

Bald badass black guy ?

[ img ]

Just imagine doing calishtenics as much as this guy ... (Hannibal For King, calisthenics master, many videos on YT)

Two birds in one stone. (baldness, plus inspiration/motivation for doing 'physical pushups' :lol: )

Sleep :arrow:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:06 pm 
Site Admin

GoldenBoy wrote:
Bald badass black guy ?

[ img ]

Just imagine doing calishtenics as much as this guy ... (Hannibal For King, calisthenics master, many videos on YT)

Two birds in one stone. (baldness, plus inspiration/motivation for doing 'physical pushups' :lol: )

Sleep :arrow:
Man I knew this guy and the novoic YT russian channel.

But I didn't want to waste bullets.

8-)