Natural Freedom

Forum for the natural awakening and self-realization of men
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:11 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:08 am 

It's impossible to be completely objective, our experiences will forever color our judgement. Embrace it and strive to see things as they are :geek:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:16 am 

TheDude wrote:
TheDude wrote:
Question(s):

Perception is reality? What do you guys have to say about that...
To elaborate more:

My understand of reality, from experience and readings, is that reality for all of us is different. We all see things differently. Our attitudes and beliefs structure what we see (reality). What does it mean when users write "they see reality for what it is"...isn't that just their own perception of "reality for what it is"?
When you free yourself from the burden of reaching out there to grasp, to experience, and to be in that reality, then you will find that it is difficult to understand the reality of anything. You will find that you have no way of experiencing the reality of anything, but at least you will not be living in a world of illusions. You will accept that there is nothing, nothing that you can do to experience the reality of anything, except the reality that is imposed on us by the society. We have to accept the reality as it is imposed on us by the society because it is very essential for us to function in this world intelligently and sanely. If we don't accept that reality, we are lost. We will end up in the loony bin. So we have to accept the reality as it is imposed on us by the culture, by society or whatever you want to call it, and at the same time understand that there is nothing that we can do to experience the reality of anything. Then you will not be in conflict with the society, and the demand to be something other than what you are will also come to an end.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:07 pm 

TheDude wrote:
how is the phrase perception is reality evading to ego?
I said 'eluding to' not evading, but a dude named Jared once posted this (do you still post here? Always loved your sentiments)
Quote:
All suffering and fear is created by a fundamental
misunderstanding of the true nature of Reality.
Buddha said that a good many years ago.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:24 am 

@GoldenBoy: Is that from the "Give Up" talk UG gave many years back?

@StephenP: Note takin

@Morpheus: I agree. We can't disconnect ourselves from ourselves to see the world without bias; except for monks maybe. :?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:35 am 
Site Admin

TheDude wrote:
@GoldenBoy: Is that from the "Give Up" talk UG gave many years back?

@StephenP: Note takin

@Morpheus: I agree. We can't disconnect ourselves from ourselves to see the world without bias; except for monks maybe. :?
There's no other game to play.
Embrace it.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:18 am 

TheDude wrote:
We can't disconnect ourselves from ourselves to see the world without bias; except for monks maybe. :?
There's two selves here -- which self believes that statement and which one just observes it -- then, who is the mysterious thing in the middle who is aware of both?

Do we all see the same world with different biases, or do we literally see a different world? :?:

Some questions' value is in the questioning itself moreso than any correct answer :geek:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:24 am 

Dali wrote:
Embrace it.
Wise words.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:53 am 

Dali wrote:
Embrace it.
The more I see the more I realize life is a game. The game of all games!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:10 am 

TheDude wrote:
Dali wrote:
Embrace it.
The more I see the more I realize life is a game. The game of all games!
Yep...and the better you are at playing the game, the greater the rewards. 8-)

Pimposophy Revisited is now finally available on Amazon in all territories!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:47 am 

Star: I just read this thread again, very good stuff here....
Now you probably go like:

[ img ]

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:36 am 

Another classic.

It sure is funny to see folks ragging on Star, because as far as I can ascertain the only thing he did wrong was be inconsistent in who he is. In turn, she also became inconsistent and noncompliant to say the least. And what's great in all this is that family bereavement is no excuse to change your behaviour, because you will be punished! How glorious is that? Almost as if family death is the last thing on her mind, or Star's empathy was great fodder for her to test the shit out of him.. But, women gonna do what they gonna do.

Sniper, do you still believe in this good/nice girl fairytale :lol:

That's a front, and actually....thank god there's something more real underneath. I work on the presumption that all outwardly nice girls are little shits behind it. It has the unfortunate side effect that the nicer they appear, the more I want to batter down the door and give them a good hiding.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:53 am 

Rolan wrote:
Sniper, do you still believe in this good/nice girl fairytale :lol:
there are good and nice girls and there are bad ones, just like there are nice and good guys (to each other) and there are guys who are shit (who will treat other men like shit...)

however I now know the following:

1. Even if a girl is 'nice' on the outside it still doesn't mean she will be a good relationship material. heck I had two 'nice' girls who turned out to be bad relationship material. :(

2. Even if the girl is nice and good relationship material to you (because she sees You as her x-factor)
you still have to keep the 'pimp tight' mindset cause as soon as you don't finish how you start or don't keep your power - the girl will try to take advantage of it\you.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:36 am 

Someone please tell me I'm thinking in black and white here;
Sniper wrote:

1. Even if a girl is 'nice' on the outside it still doesn't mean she will be a good relationship material. heck I had two 'nice' girls who turned out to be bad relationship material. :(

2. Even if the girl is nice and good relationship material to you (because she sees You as her x-factor)
you still have to keep the 'pimp tight' mindset cause as soon as you don't finish how you start or don't keep your power - the girl will try to take advantage of it\you.
So in other words there's no such thing as a good/nice girl :lol:

'I'd rather be whole than good'

- Jung.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:37 pm 

FIXED wrote:
there are girls who act good and nice at this time and there are girls who act bad at this time
Nobody is good or bad permanently. There are no fixed characteristics. It only matters if they are good or bad now. Treat everyone accordingly.

"The society gives you a map; I give you only freedom. The society gives you character, I give you only consciousness. The society teaches you to live a conformist life ... I give you an invitation to go on an adventure." - Osho

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:51 am 

Meraki wrote:
Nobody is good or bad permanently. There are no fixed characteristics. It only matters if they are good or bad now. Treat everyone accordingly.
thanks man, I had a hard time putting my thoughts into words but you nailed it. 8-)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:00 am 

Rolan wrote:
So in other words there's no such thing as a good/nice girl :lol:
It depends on the definition of 'nice'

I look at 'nice' as polite, warm, more caring...

Is there some girl that will always be good to you no matter what?
no...

Are All girls who are 'nice'\polite, warm, more caring... going to be a good relationship material?
no...

Can you rely on a 'nice' girl to always give you approval even if she is your x-factor?
of course not...

are girl who are 'nice' going to care about you if you are not their x-factor?
not so much...

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:51 pm 

Is this 2010y Sniper?.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:54 am 

Sounds like she got a little support, then snapped out of the trance she was in, that of being your bitch. Once she got a taste of freedom, she simply started to take back all the ass kissing she handed over in the beginning. Not a female tactic, a human tactic. If objectifying women is your way to ensure you remain powerful in your relationships, you'll be relegated to only knowing an act, not the real person. I'd be pretty bored with a women devoted to being my subordinate.

Seriously, its pathological for either person to behave that way. Why not just be alone, its the same thing anyway. You get sick of your hand pay for some ass, you can tell the hooker exactly what to do and say.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:59 am 

Meraki wrote:
FIXED wrote:
there are girls who act good and nice at this time and there are girls who act bad at this time
This makes sense. People shift into different behavior patterns in different situations. Don't even know they're doing it.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:43 am 

Yudansha wrote:
This makes sense. People shift into different behavior patterns in different situations. Don't even know they're doing it.
thing is, with most men you can tell them and they understand....

with most women- you can tell them and they won't understand because it's hard for them to switch into logic