Natural Freedom

Forum for the natural awakening and self-realization of men
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 7:41 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Can you say please
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 6:32 am 
I was just thinking about the balance of power tonight. I was locked out my room and had no reception with my cell phone.

A girl I've known for the past month asked me to say please when I said, "Let me use your cell phone."
My first thought was not to. It seemed like either a test or that the balance of power was switched to her side.

Earlier in the day, when we talking, I told her that I was going to cut into her the next time I saw her and snatch her up.
My intent was half joking half serious. I think it inflated her ego.

Anyway, we went back and forth about saying please for 30 secs. I realized it was nothing to talk about and ended the conversation abruptly.

If I could have done this moment differently I would have just cut into her and asked for the phone later. I like doing what I say I'm going to do. I was so focused on myself.

Thoughts?

Post subject: Re: Can you say please
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 6:40 am 

Yeah...you're over thinking it. Next time, just say please so you can use the damn phone...get your priorities straight. :geek:

Pimposophy Revisited is now finally available on Amazon in all territories!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:08 pm 
Site Admin

rkd1990 wrote:
Earlier in the day, when we talking, I told her that I was going to cut into her the next time I saw her and snatch her up.
My intent was half joking half serious. I think it inflated her ego.
Are you sure it did not inflate yours instead?

--
rkd1990 wrote:
A girl I've known for the past month asked me to say please when I said, "Let me use your cell phone."
I would have done also.

I am not kidding!

'Can I use your cell phone?' would have got an entirely different response.
'Please, can I use your cell phone?' would have been pretty much automatic.

Now think about why......

In building a statue, a sculptor doesn't keep adding clay to his subject.He keeps chiseling away at the inessentials until the truth of its creation is revealed without obstructions. Perfection is not when there is no more to add,but no more to take away.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:29 am 

This subjct is something that has been on my mind for the last few weeks.

In one of those products out there it was explaining the importance of Alpha status in attraction, and suggested that this can be accomplished by telling people what to do. "put this empty drink on the bar for me" was the example given if I recall correctly.

The part of this which made me inclined to reject the idea is something called 'manners'. It is (at least where I'm from) poor form to dispense with manners. I know that I myself raise an eyebrow in a situation where someone's poor ettiquette rubs me the wrong way. I cannot imagine many situations where outright crudeness of this sort would pass as apropriate.

I tend to walk a middle path with adaptations like;

"would you care to....."
"could I trouble you to...."
"May I....."
"would you mind if..."

These are all polite ways of making a request without using the word "please".

Here's one of the BIG common rude ways of making a request which really drives me nuts!

"You should give me a ride"

....oh, should I?..

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:20 am 

I completely agree powerful people find a way to make requests without being bossy they know, the surface levels of the conversation are not where te balance of power is being decided. People who are alpha don't have to try to be alpha. And can give people the space to fill with their own direction

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:48 am 
This thread is sooooooooooo lol to me.

Manners are the main way that people control other people.

Matter of fact it's been reduced to self-policing. That reason is the only reason poor manners stand out as aberration to society.

I posted it on here to get the pimp perspective because the situation came up in my anthropology class.

Guess what, after the female failed to control me through that manner she took up arms through administrative complaints.

Understand where manners come from, and know that manners do not come from good principles.

A good pimp only utilizes manners to his own ends.

Ever had a conversation go something like, "you should have let me know xxxxx."

Then, "the world doesn't revolve around you. People don't stop what they are doing just because you are ready," or etc.

It's just a form of control. Manners, historically, are derived from 10th-12th century living.

Eating was the main form of control. Aristocrats wanted to differentiate their self from the masses.

Controlling eating, the primary example of wealth, meant controlling everything related to eating.

Eating manners evolved into a simpler control of bodily functions. Have you ever wondered why most guys

don't fart around other people? Controlling bodily functions then evolved into simpler human interactions.

Simpler human interactions then evolved into forms and ways of speaking and social interaction.

The biggest symp. industry is chivalry. If you believe in having manners, but you do not believe in chivalrous actions

then you are not only contradicting your actions to the female, but you are also wasting energy and time. I can't take

a person seriously who holds doors open for other people, and I also cannot take a person seriously whom insists on a strict

or proper way of speaking or thinking. The proper way of acting and being evolved from people deciding and labeling actions

and views as improper. Finally, my view is also based off of the fact that manners evolved during slavery times and existed as

a function of the white body, privileged existentially, equivalent to wealth or prosperity and psychologically and socially confirmed in

social matters. Have you ever noticed how whites did not show proper manners to slaves? Duh, Duh, Duh, they were not accorded

manners because they were already controlled. Second, people produced manners, but they did not have the manners to give other

people freedom.

That shit is retarded.

History lesson finished.

Pimp theory argument finished.

A Blue Hurricane and a 40 finished.

Semester finals finished.

Sobriety is finished.

RAAWWWRRRR!!!!!

EDIT: In the root language of Latin, words like please and excuse me were only used by people deemed second class citizens. The powerful did not use these words. The passive voice was used by those without as much power (note: the stylistic action). Second, the active voice is used by powerful people in the romance language days. They commanded as much as they could see. Do you know where the english language received the word servile? You guessed right, Latin. Do you know what servile means in Latin? You guess right, slave. Do you know who the people were that primarily used the passive voice? You guessed right, slaves. Do you know why the word "may" or the phrase "may I" have devolved into the word "can" and "can I?" You guessed right! The social transition is because the word and associated phrases connote terms of power. Thus, can is much simpler and easier to use because it implies "ability" or "inability" rather than permission. I.E. it is physically possible or impossible for me to do this. Who were the first people to start this colloquial phenomenon? You guessed right, slaves.

Manners are evil. That is all.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:30 am 

I hold doors sometimes...it's no biggie. Besides...it's the best kept secret way to get a great view of some great backsides. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:49 am 
Site Admin

Just this.,

as for the other thing...

[ img ]

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:54 pm 
The Kidd!! wrote:
I hold doors sometimes...it's no biggie. Besides...it's the best kept secret way to get a great view of some great backsides. :mrgreen:
It can be. I like watching females walk up to the door and hold it open for me. I get backside action and courtesy. :lol:
Dali wrote:

Just this.,

as for the other thing...
Errrrrr, you're obviously not a minority, and it's sad if you take that kind of belief, living in America.

Knowing your history is important. How do you think pimps gained their knowledge?

That shit wasn't learned and practiced on their lonesome. History is why pimping is a culture dude, and if you are trying to

learn pimping from black American culture then you need be wise to both sides of the game.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:38 am 

Quote:
It can be. I like watching females walk up to the door and hold it open for me. I get backside action and courtesy. :lol:
It's all about ebb and flow...know when to and when not to. I have my lil mama trained to open the door for me if she gets to it first...which, for some reason, happens quite often. ;)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:07 am 

The Kidd!! wrote:
"I hate to see you go , but I love watching you leave"

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:13 am 
Site Admin

Errrrrr, you're obviously not a minority, and it's sad if you take that kind of belief, living in America.

Knowing your history is important. How do you think pimps gained their knowledge?

That shit wasn't learned and practiced on their lonesome. History is why pimping is a culture dude, and if you are trying to

learn pimping from black American culture then you need be wise to both sides of the game.
Seems like you didn't got that post of mine.

I don't live in the US, I live in Mexico "zona caliente" of the narco war, :lol: where the macho shit still has "the upper hand". In some families, the patriarcal structure is a rare modality, by no means the "forte" but, it's used tho. "The matriarcal structure" in my family is the rule.

As a side note: All the people I profoundly admire happen to be Afro americans, so I don't get the preaching of your comment. I love pimpish mentality. I was AGREEING with your comment, by this mean I say, an internet forum it's somewhat hard to accurately form an expression (like in person,) the photo of Dr. House wasn't dissmisal or sarcasm for your rant, just was a stupid form of agreeing I used, not that you need it tho.

Greetings.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:12 pm 

Wayyyy too much overthinking. Cut the alpha behavior shit, it has nothing to do with treating bitches accordingly...it just makes dudes look like social fuck'n retards.

A wise man once said "I find that a duck's opinion of me is influenced by whether or not I have bread."

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:55 am 
Dali wrote:

Seems like you didn't got that post of mine.

I don't live in the US, I live in Mexico "zona caliente" of the narco war, :lol: where the macho shit still has "the upper hand". In some families, the patriarcal structure is a rare modality, by no means the "forte" but, it's used tho. "The matriarcal structure" in my family is the rule.

As a side note: All the people I profoundly admire happen to be Afro americans, so I don't get the preaching of your comment. I love pimpish mentality. I was AGREEING with your comment, by this mean I say, an internet forum it's somewhat hard to accurately form an expression (like in person,) the photo of Dr. House wasn't dissmisal or sarcasm for your rant, just was a stupid form of agreeing I used, not that you need it tho.

Greetings.
From everything that I've learned in my college classes, matriarchal structures and patriarchal structures should not be paid attention to. Better put, live your life the way you want. They are just assumed to exist, but that bullshit can fuck your mind up in a bad way if you focus more on that structure rather than building your own.

Dr.House is like the quintessential sarcastic ass. Thanks for clearing that up.

My rant was only meant to get people thinking about the facts and structure surrounding manners and how they developed and why they should be used for personal ends only.

I guess I'll be on the forum again in a few days after I'm done being bogged down in proposals, papers, briefs, presentations, and applying to internships. For fuck's sake it's Christmas break in America. When this come up that I'm staging is finished I'm getting royally plastered in the back of a rental limousine, and every female that steps inside will be required to enter topless and possibly bottomless. You know what, definitely topless and bottomless and they can't wear shoes but they can crotchless fish nets.