Natural Freedom

Forum for the natural awakening and self-realization of men
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:27 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:07 pm 

Scarf wrote:
Barca wrote:
Don't forget that this is not any girl, she is your girlfriend.

The biggest lie told to man.

Along with tea, coffee, alcohol, cars and HD television.

didn't get what you mean, Scarf.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 6:36 pm 

scarface wrote:
I do agree, that indifference isn't necesairy a permenant state/thing.
Fuck'n right it is, you're either attached or indifferent, you can't be both. I don't care what girl you're with, you shouldn't give a shit either way; she's blow'n ya...cool; You tell her to leave cause she's hav'n a hissy fit and never talk to her again...cool also.

A wise man once said "I find that a duck's opinion of me is influenced by whether or not I have bread."

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:37 pm 

Barca wrote:
You may not see this now, but this is you putting her on a pedestal.

"Simply put, you being in her life is a BLESSING. Her wronging you in any way is her own self-inflicted CURSE, and if she does wrong you, then let the punishment fit the crime. Her life will absolutely SUCK without you."

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:10 pm 
Site Admin

Alchemist wrote:
Barca wrote:
Well said Alchemist :ugeek:

In building a statue, a sculptor doesn't keep adding clay to his subject.He keeps chiseling away at the inessentials until the truth of its creation is revealed without obstructions. Perfection is not when there is no more to add,but no more to take away.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:33 pm 

Alchemist wrote:
Barca wrote:
I am. To me, a girlfriend is not like any other girl, unless i choose her just for the sake of sleeping with her (something i never did and would never do). I guess it's a matter of different lifestyles Alchemist. I concentrate more on feelings and emotions in a relationship, i don't want a relationship without them. A girl that i care about and have feeling for, is to me for sure not like other girls.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:39 am 

Well looks like there is nothing else to discuss here then. 8-)

Pimposophy Revisited is now finally available on Amazon in all territories!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:29 am 

The Kidd!! wrote:
For now, until Barca comes back to ask why he lost his chick and we tell him it's because he's too emotional. No disrerspect intended Barca, but if you're gonna get all emotional with a girl and share fears and shit you're gonna put out a lot of femenine energy, and then when a guy comes along who is very masculine and just doesn't give a fuck...she's dropp'n you for him bro.

A wise man once said "I find that a duck's opinion of me is influenced by whether or not I have bread."

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:21 am 

ManniJa wrote:
The Kidd!! wrote:
For now, until Barca comes back to ask why he lost his chick and we tell him it's because he's too emotional. No disrerspect intended Barca, but if you're gonna get all emotional with a girl and share fears and shit you're gonna put out a lot of femenine energy, and then when a guy comes along who is very masculine and just doesn't give a fuck...she's dropp'n you for him bro.
I guess you misunderstood me ManniJa. I'm not going to cry to her or be very sensitive and emotional :). What i meant, is that i don't want a relationship just for the sake of the physical aspect, i want a relationship which has more value. I want to have feelings for and love the girl i'm with, it's just who i am. That's why i said before that a girlfriend to me is not like any other girl. Doesn't make me any less of a man my friend.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:28 am 

ManniJa wrote:
scarface wrote:
I do agree, that indifference isn't necesairy a permenant state/thing.
Fuck'n right it is, you're either attached or indifferent, you can't be both.
At 1 given moment, there can't be both. But I stated that over a period of time, it can and in the case of most people it does change. That's the fact, from my observations.
When I say something isn't permanent, it doesn't mean that at 1 moment there can be both; but that over a period of time it can (and on this subject for most people) often does change.
ManniJa wrote:
I don't care what girl you're with, you shouldn't give a shit either way;
What a person shoudl feel like, and does feel like. Are 2 different things.
Most people I know (both men and women), do start to care and lose indifference towards losing the partner (even if they started indifferent). I'm just stating what I observed.
To add, for myself I prefer to stay indifferent towards losing or keeping it as well. And (try to) keep myself in check with that, and also put it into perspective which helps me to be (more) indifferent as well.

Last edited by scarface on Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:38 am 

Barca wrote:
What i meant, is that i don't want a relationship just for the sake of the physical aspect, i want a relationship which has more value. I want to have feelings for and love the girl i'm with, it's just who i am. That's why i said before that a girlfriend to me is not like any other girl. Doesn't make me any less of a man my friend.
To add.
Imo, the indifference at best should be on the aspect of losing/keeping that relationship.
I don't think it's healthy be totally indifferent towards the feelings and love you feel for the women you have a relationship with. Although I do think, you should be indifferent towards the feelings she has/feels that you: can't do nothing about and/or can't change and/or something you don't want to change because it would make you feel bad.

When it comes to (try to) making a women feel what they want and feel as good feelings, that's what ime keeps them coming back for more. If you feel totally indifferent towards that, and don't give her the good feelings. You'll encounter that most women won't want you. I do think it is good to feel indifferent about if you didn't manage to give her the good feelings you tried to give her, but you did gave it your best effort.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:45 am 

I still think you guys are confusing indifference with apathy. :|

You guys are assuming that you cannot properly love your woman while being indifferent...I'm telling you that you CAN. My keeper is VERY happy with the way I am towards her. Doesn't make me any less loving, affectionate or caring. You guys really just are not getting where I'm coming from. :|

'Grinus...need some back up in here. :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:36 pm 

Barca wrote:
didn't get what you mean, Scarf.
All right Barca.

But before I begin, I'd like to point out that I do not believe in indifference. An outcome is not only always desired and preferred by the soul, it would be against it's own nature to deny such a preference. Besides, it's not something that can be applied at will and anyone who does this would only end up pretending to be indifferent, and pretending to be indifferent doesn't actually work. I do however believe in self-bias. Knowing what you prefer and being sure about what you want. It is only through this certainty that you can give off the 'illusion' of indifference. Self-bias is self sustaining, but being bias towards something outside of your control, though common, is damaging in practice. Congratulations on the Champions League win last season. I bet you were very happy with Barcelona winning the title. However, if your entire happiness was dependent on Barcelona winning the Champions League every year, then your happiness would be greatly at risk, wouldn't you agree?

Let's take another one of my favourite examples - designer labels.

Here in the good city of London, designer stores are everywhere you look along with normal department stores. Generally speaking, they tend to sell the exact same thing. In fact, I would venture to say that a good portion of the shirts sold in department stores are of better quality and style than many of the shirts sold in designer stores. I will never forget the day I walked into a designer store and saw a shirt being sold for about £80 - £100. Not only was it the most hideous shirt I'd ever seen, the material wasn't much better than what I had already brought, so what was the major difference then?

...the label.

The label was the single biggest element of difference. it automatically asserted it's right when the sign across it's collar read 'I'm a designer label you know, you want me don't you? I'm better than every shirt you've brought because I have this name written here. Only chosen ones get to do that'. Or to use your own words Barca, 'Don't forget, I'm not just any shirt, I'm a designer label'.
Quote:
However, an entire global society has fallen prey to this belief. This belief that something is worth more based on it's labeling alone.

The purpose of clothes is to wear them. What you choose to wear is based on preference, likeness, taste, beauty etc. If the clothes don't fit or they don't look so appealing to you, find new ones.

They are just clothes at the end of the day.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:20 pm 

i really don't understand some guys

i did't knew anything about the concept of indifference until i came here,

even when i was not indifferent i undestood what was all about.

you guys still thinking from the point of view of the matrix,

that thing about, the "special one girl" is nothing more than a a program in your head.

she is special not because she is different to others, she is special because of you.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 4:59 pm 

rant wrote:
that thing about, the "special one girl" is nothing more than a a program in your head.
The end. :mrgreen:

"Simply put, you being in her life is a BLESSING. Her wronging you in any way is her own self-inflicted CURSE, and if she does wrong you, then let the punishment fit the crime. Her life will absolutely SUCK without you."

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:05 pm 

scarface wrote:

When it comes to (try to) making a women feel what they want and feel as good feelings, that's what ime keeps them coming back for more. If you feel totally indifferent towards that, and don't give her the good feelings. You'll encounter that most women won't want you. I do think it is good to feel indifferent about if you didn't manage to give her the good feelings you tried to give her, but you did gave it your best effort.

who is trying?

what effort?

what are those good feelings you try to give them?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:09 pm 

When you are doing it right, it's the woman who is trying to complete that laundry list of sappy shit. :lol:

Scarface, if you are indeed focused on their WANTS...then things are not going to end well for you. :|

But what do I know. ;)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:34 pm 

Barca wrote:
ManniJa wrote:
The Kidd!! wrote:
I guess you misunderstood me ManniJa. I'm not going to cry to her or be very sensitive and emotional :). What i meant, is that i don't want a relationship just for the sake of the physical aspect, i want a relationship which has more value. I want to have feelings for and love the girl i'm with, it's just who i am. That's why i said before that a girlfriend to me is not like any other girl. Doesn't make me any less of a man my friend.
Wanting love and feelings is very femanine, which will make her animate the masculine polarity of space and freedom from you, but to each their own I guess.

EDIT: I'm not trying to be an ass, but read Kidd's story about when he got emotional with his keeper. He did it on purpose, but he was animating the femenine polarity so she had no choice but to animate the masculine polarity and become very distant, etc.. and it took 4 days of him not talking to her and then him re-animating the masculine for her to lose that. I know you want "love" and all that shit, but that's a very bad mindset that will take you down a very needy road, trust me I've been there.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:03 pm 

scarface wrote:
Barca wrote:
To add.
Imo, the indifference at best should be on the aspect of losing/keeping that relationship.
I don't think it's healthy be totally indifferent towards the feelings and love you feel for the women you have a relationship with. Although I do think, you should be indifferent towards the feelings she has/feels that you: can't do nothing about and/or can't change and/or something you don't want to change because it would make you feel bad.

it is not healthy, yes, but what you're talking about is apathy, not indifference. Being indifferent doesn't mean that you don't have feelings or you don't care about them, but apathy does.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:05 pm 

Scarf

the label. If you mean that i am putting the girlfriend on a pedestal, just because she is labeled as a girlfriend, then no. As i mentioned to Alchemist, i think it's a matter of different lifestyles. I assumed that fufe might look at it the same way as i do, which may be wrong. But the main point here is the way each of us defines the role of a girlfriend, and this is where we seem to disagree.

I'm not a fan of relationships which start days after i meet someone. I'm not a fan of one night stands or short relationships either. I prefer serious, long lasting relationships, and i have my principles that i follow in order to achieve that. One of them is that i don't prefer to just date anyone, i prefer to date girls that i know (at least a little). But most important of all, i don't want to have a "normal" relationship, where the both sides don't mean alot to each other, and where both sides could literally leave each other any moment. I strongly believe that a very special bond can be achieved between male and female, and i strongly believe in "love". I want to have this in my relationship. And that's why, a girlfriend to me is not to be compared with any other normal girl.

Back to the label. Thank you for your words about Barca. If i were to choose between a Barca and a Manchester United kit (both made by Nike), i would choose Barca's kit only, without any doubt. I wouldn't do that because of the label, otherwise i would have chosen the Man U kit too. I would do it because Barca means something to me, and i wouldn't compare it to any other kit, just the same way i wouldn't compare my girlfriend to other girls. If i had to get rid of my shirts, i would do it until i reach the Barca kit where i would say "this is not any kit, this is a Barca kit".

I hope you now know what i mean.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:08 pm 

rant wrote:
i really don't understand some guys

i did't knew anything about the concept of indifference until i came here,

even when i was not indifferent i undestood what was all about.

you guys still thinking from the point of view of the matrix,

she is special not because she is different to others, she is special because of you.

i will ignore the fact that you assumed that i'm thinking from a matrix point of view, simply because you don't know me and you don't know where i come from. So you can't really say what affects the matrix had on me, if any.

However, if you assume that "that thing about, the "special one girl" is nothing more than a a program in your head", then let me ask you this: Why can't the idea of a special girl not existing
be nothing more than a program in your head?