Natural Freedom

Forum for the natural awakening and self-realization of men
It is currently Mon May 06, 2024 8:10 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: PUA & Approaching
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:38 am 

I was ready to go to bed, but this popped into my head and it needed to written. I was discussing with friends earlier today that Pick-Up and it's community is nothing more than a quick fix. No lasting internal change comes from PUA. After bedding many women the high dissipate. Your deep seated worries will come back again and you will arrive at the same place you were except now you can hide behind women with your techniques.

I used to heavily follow and use the PUA community. I was eagerly searching for new theories and ideas to put to work at upcoming venues I would visit: concert, party, etc...

THE STORY I remember one night in particular. I attended a concert in Santa Cruz with my buddies. I was pumped for the concert and for my new fakie ID :) Once I entered the venue I was all GAME (this is not good; discuss later on). My internal voice was repeating: Approach, approach, approach. So, I roam around and approach, approach, approach. I felt a HIGH from every interaction I had and finally when I talked to enough people and felt confident I began approaching the hunnies I was interested in. Night was good in terms of confidence and approaching. I was on a talkative HIGH that lasted till things became stagnant...the clouds cleared up and reality set in towards the end of the night.

THE BREAKDOWN
When entering the club, my mindset of GAME GAME GAME is largely due to PUA preaching: One must ALWAYS approach. It's one thing to APPROACH and it's another thing to SOCIALIZE. Approaching and Gaming in terms of PUA lingo is setting yourself up for trouble in the future and present. Instead of relaxing and enjoying the vibe, environment, and moment I was busy PUSHING to Game.

What I realized was that night I had a rockstar confidence! I approached nearly every cutie and hottie there. By doing so I gained a heap of confidence in that MOMENT. I was oozing with confidence :lol: that I kid not any girl I approached was puddy in my hands two minutes later. Dance, Kiss, Talk I could do what I pleased that night.

BUT

The confidence did not last. It went away after I stopped approaching and my world started to slow down. My same worries, insecurities, and troubles all came back. I was no different after approaching 30+ people. I didn't see any clarity within myself after all those approaches. Yeah maybe I was able to view a few patterns with girls, but what good is that when I have no internal clarity.

What I realized was approaching, approaching, approaching like crazy gives you nothing more than an adrenaline rush. If I did grab a girls # that night and planned to hang out a couple days later I would be a completely different person sending off a different vibe (nowhere near as confident as that night), unless I approached a ton of people before our date. Do you see what I'm getting to?

Approaching, approaching, approaching creates a mask over yourself. Your worries may go away, but when your all alone again at the end of the night there they are haunting you and poking you letting you know that their still here... :lol:

What are your guys opinion on this approaching approaching PUA jargon and what it solves for you? (I didn't revise anything for I'm tired and ready to go to bed...apologies) Peaceout TheDude :D

Post subject: Re: PUA & Approaching
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:08 pm 

You're very right.

I had similar experiences in my PU days. But most of the times I went out in those days I felt uncomfortable before, while and after going out. I was nervous, wanted to "close" before and then I was in the venue and the "approach anxiety" stroke me and I didn't approach and went home frustrated as hell with the same intention every time that I'll be more approaching the next time.

And I had a few nights where I also got that adrenaline rush from approaching. Being in a high but feeling the same as before the next morning (I didn't have "lays" by the way).

But most of the time in those days I was very uncomfortable.

And it was funny to see how people of the community reacted as I left the community. They said "how can one leave that precious community and retrograde the "wisdom") and stuff like that :D

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:13 pm 

TheDude wrote:
What are your guys opinion on this approaching approaching PUA jargon and what it solves for you? (I didn't revise anything for I'm tired and ready to go to bed...apologies) Peaceout TheDude :D
Quote:
What are your guys opinion on this approaching approaching PUA jargon?
useless. At the end of the night you are still left with the insecurities you had before you did tons of approaching...
Quote:
and what it solves for you?
Nothing

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:21 pm 

Confidence does not last because the foundation is bullshit.

Pimposophy Revisited is now finally available on Amazon in all territories!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:33 pm 
Site Admin

If you build a house on sand, when the sand gets wet the house will sink/fall apart.

In building a statue, a sculptor doesn't keep adding clay to his subject.He keeps chiseling away at the inessentials until the truth of its creation is revealed without obstructions. Perfection is not when there is no more to add,but no more to take away.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:09 pm 

Dr. Awesome wrote:
You're very right.

I had similar experiences in my PU days. But most of the times I went out in those days I felt uncomfortable before, while and after going out. I was nervous, wanted to "close" before and then I was in the venue and the "approach anxiety" stroke me and I didn't approach and went home frustrated as hell with the same intention every time that I'll be more approaching the next time.But most of the time in those days I was very uncomfortable.
Same. I always felt uncomfortable and I kept pushing anyways. To dwell back on it now...I was far from a natural pimp :lol:
I'm glad PUA is behind me now
The Kidd!! wrote:
Confidence does not last because the foundation is bullshit.
peregrinus wrote:
If you build a house on sand, when the sand gets wet the house will sink/fall apart.
Can't agree more!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:16 pm 

here is something for you ;)

http://www.naturalfreedom.info/viewtopi ... =18&t=1220

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:23 pm 

TheDude wrote:
What are your guys opinion on this approaching approaching PUA jargon and what it solves for you?
For me the good thing of approaching/chatting up girls for the first like 50 times or so, was that I managed to "overcome" (better stated would de t dealing with and not letting the nervousness hold me back from doing something I want to do) my "fear" of going up to a strange girl for romantic purposes.
After that, it solved nothing for me. Only made things worse imo, looking back at it.