Natural Freedom

Forum for the natural awakening and self-realization of men
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:15 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:35 pm 

I was checking out Amazon and looking for the book by Nathaniel Branden How To Raise Your Self Esteem

I read through some of the content inside of the book because I felt like I needed more confidence in my life and why do I well to the point I fuck up things for myself (to a degree) only to be back at square one.

I have read other books about not being attached to outcomes, desires, and living authentically but not much on increasing your confidence.

How to Raise your self Esteem helped me immediately point out what was wrong with me (which is nothing) its just that even though I had people who loved me and cherish my time. I realized I didn't love myself enough to believe I deserve the best life offered so I had self defeating behaviors that I wasn't aware of until I read some of his pages.

So I immediately placed an order for it I'm telling you guys its like this book spoke to me I believe the saying was it resonated with me I'm going to check it out and get back to you guys with more enlightening information I'm excited about this :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:48 pm 

I am currently reading Brandens Six Pillars to Self Esteem, we will have to swap ideas on the two books and then switch and see what we come up with huh. In Pillars, I love how Branden defines self esteem..... He says, since True Self Esteem is something that can only be found and gained within yourself, it should be defined as Practice of Spirtuality.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:00 pm 

That is fine actually I will definitely like to do that there is a sentence in How To Raise Your Self Esteem that I definitely can most resonate with maybe you can as well in fact I know you can because even though we're in different parts of America we are on a similar path to discovering our purpose in life.

Anyway here is the sentence

a significant characteristic of a healthy self esteem is the state of one who is not at war either with himself or with others

This is a place that I want to be, where I'm no longer in conflict with myself these words jumped out at me it is a very powerful statement.

Since I can remember even to this day (although less prevalent now) I was always at war with myself I couldn't accept the fact why people love me and why they gave me so much praise, I always felt a need to prove myself to live up to their expectations and that came from low self esteem.

Now since coming across Rion's material and reading this book is a great start for building up your confidence I can do stuff more for myself now anyway I will definitely like to do that CPWrestling724 it would help a lot of guys on here as well as you and me.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:31 am 

Alright man sounds good, it seems that we have both come along way. I always feel blessed that I am even interested in reading these kinds of books and searching for ways to improve myself, the majority of peopel go there ENTIRE lives without even thinking once about searching themselves and really trying to better themselves.

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 4:11 am 

Of all the self help books I ever bought and so much money spent on them including David Ds Advanced Series, How to Raise Your Self Esteem (at 7.99) was the best, its helped me with so much and become a better man. Self Esteem gets you in touch with the deepest "I" which is beyond ego so it really is spiritual.

I got in to hypnosis and then NLP originally which was all about change, I was changing myself to suit others reactions so that this new person that I am can get better reactions from people, I had very low self esteem. Only when I started using the 6 pillars did I start to value myself.

Still on the point of self esteem, there is another thing that brought me to value myself more, in October I was diagnosed with a long term illness and the medication for it really slows me down, it takes something away from me, I no longer have that joyous bubbly way about myself. I used to be slagged for it, called 'weird' and worse. Now I miss it and once I have it again I don't care what others think, I am me, and I'm not going to let anyone take that away from me!

Thanks for bringing up self esteem, this could be a great asset to the forum and what we're about here.