Natural Freedom

Forum for the natural awakening and self-realization of men
It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2024 10:24 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Re: Going out alone
PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 9:38 am 

GoldenBoy wrote:
I'll add up to that :

AS you may know, I have a piece of land in a small village (800 people).

Anyways, this summer I just went to the big place there to chill and see what's up and how the town lives.

So I sat on the bench, and sure enough, two hours later (probably), I see a couple of elders moving chairs and tables. I offer my help, which is reluctantly accepted at first.

As I help them install everything, they start to open up and offer me to eat with them.

Turns out there was a 'big event' where their chorus invited a well known young russian orchestra, to eat and for a show.

So I accept the invitation and then, when I see that they don't notice me anymore, sit back on the bench as if nothing happened.

Then, when they finished meeting the russians and start to eat, one elder come by the bench and invite me to their table, eating home made dishes.

After the meal, I helped them remove and put back the stuff. Then they ask me if I want to go see the show later in the afternoon.

I said yes and asked if I could watch the repetitions too, which was also accepted.

It was a beautiful show, in a beautiful place.

They later (midnight) invited me to eat again :lol:

It is to this day a shining memory to me.

Just putting it for me to recall this later on. And to cement the point :ugeek:
All I have to say is that this story is fucking awesome.

I'm literally happy for you!

Also, good to see you again, GoldenBoy!

“I learned this, at least, by my experiment; that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours. . . ."

-Thoreau's Walden

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 10:25 am 

Welcome back, and good quote in sig. 8-)

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 5:04 pm 

...and THAT'S how you give a little to get a LOT. 8-)

Pimposophy Revisited is now finally available on Amazon in all territories!

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 1:50 am 

Good reads here.

I didn't think much about it, but I've gotten much MORE comfortable going out alone. It's been a process.
In the beginning, I dreaded going out alone. Be it a party or anywhere for that matter.
Now, I'm like a different person.

Just recently I went to 2 concerts alone! I smile as I write this, because it doesn't sound like something my old self and habits would've ever done.

The first concert was a big venue. I sat down at a table and enjoyed my own company, while the start-up band performed.

There was a attractive girl at the table next to me. I don't remember what we said to each other, but long story short we had a great conversation. Really got to know one another. She was a lesbian and married. :mrgreen: The way she looked at me said a lot! When she left, she left early, she brought her hand to her lips, kissed it, then placed it in front of my mouth. Then bounced.

My ego was stroked! I felt like a cool motha fucka!

Retrospection...rather than be in the moment of it all with the lady I took my attention to the near future and thought about how I could get a ride home with her somehow.

The other concert was a smaller venue, but I had a great time.

There's freedom in going out alone, and currently there's so much coming up for me that at work I prefer to work alone.

I wanted to quote a lot in this thread, but I let it pass. Interesting writes roark.
Keep at it caliboy.

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 8:49 am 

peregrinus wrote:
roark wrote:
Matty wrote:
Because in the UK there is STRONG stigma attached to people who go out alone.
BTW -'Grinus is in the UK, I believe. I wonder how that stigma affects him? ;)
What stigma?

I feel no stigma.

There are only others who want to challenge you for being able to do something they do not have the balls to do, or do not feel comfortable enough with their own company to do it. Hence they use these tactics to try and throw you off and test if you are what you appear to be.

It is all projection.

If you are what you appear to be, they will open up like a flower blossoming in front of you.

Also people who feel drawn to you because you do give off that 'I am perfectly happy over here by myself' and they are drawn to it like moths to a flame.
A man can make money in a recession, that doesn’t mean the economic climate ceases to exist. I can, in fact, be aware of the general social sentiment without being constrained by it. In fact quite the opposite.